[WIP] EnduranceRacingX PX by URD Pre-order with beta access available!

Discussion in 'Vehicles' started by UnitedRacingDesign, May 4, 2015.

1. UnitedRacingDesign

UnitedRacingDesign Registered

Its Darche, somehow its mixed up on the livery :) I have added LEDs and lcd to the steering wheel yesterday. That is done now. I will check with driver today.
    Have to fix the engine and adjust few things in gen than i will upload the car.

2. F1 2004

F1 2004 Registered

Only Darche Update today?

3. UnitedRacingDesign

Yes, for few days so you can test it properly. I need alot of feedback on car performance vs Aura.

4. UnitedRacingDesign

I will start uploading update in about in hour. Today i will release update only wich will include Darche and some Aura with new sounds, lcd working on steering wheel. I have placed drivers in both cars but both are placeholder and i dont really like animations for now so if you decide we can remove them. Darche sounds...Nevercrash is working on those, i hope he can get them ready today, if not, i have placeholders inside now BUT next update for PX will be available again in few days.
    I want you to test Aura/Darche performance if they match and if we find any other issues.

5. marmagas

marmagas Registered

Hi Alless,good news for the PX boys,have anything for EGT?

6. UnitedRacingDesign

Nothing on the EGT side yet. There will be C7r update to test new tires before EGT gets updated.

7. marmagas

marmagas Registered

So C7r will be the 1st car to take the new tire model!
    Ok!Thanks!Keep up this great work!

8. sg333

sg333 Registered

Personally id rather wait a few hours/day for proper sounds with the Darche, even for the 'beta'

9. UnitedRacingDesign

Im uploading but just thinking about it. Getting late here and as NK is just finishing last tweaks, i could upload it over night.

10. UnitedRacingDesign

Reuploading now! Both Aura and Darche full sounds.

11. F1 2004

F1 2004 Registered

Great thx :)

12. tjc

tjc Registered

Just checking here... I don`t have an email yet so are things still being uploaded?

:)

13. UnitedRacingDesign

yeah, sloooow...will leave it on to be uploaded. I might go to sleep and send emails than in the morning :)

14. UnitedRacingDesign

Update emails are out.

Aura updated-new sounds
    Darche added

Test them, let me know about performance or any other issues.
    Another update will come in new week.

Good night and have fun!

15. sg333

sg333 Registered

Thank you :)

16. Justy

Justy Registered

Thanks URD team. :)

17. wrxxy

wrxxy Registered

18. steviejb

steviejb Registered

Need to give them more of a test tomorrow, thoroughly enjoying the Aura. The only thing I'd say about the Aura is the hybrid sound isn't as prominent as it is in AC. In THIS video, you can really hear the hybrid whirring away all through the rev range, but in the rF2 version, I'm not even sure I can actually hear it. There's certainly a drive train sound with a high pitched whine, but the hybrid sound on power seems to be lacking. Anyway, great stuff so far, but definitely need to drive them more tomorrow. :)

19. MrDilkington10

MrDilkington10 Registered

Yeah on both cars the hybrid sounds aren't as prominent as they should be and the recovery sound happens too late on braking, but I feel that's due to the limitations of the rF2 sound engine. Also after a quick full field race against the AI I think the Darsche/Darche/Not-A-919 needs to be a bit quicker when driven by the AI, as at Silverstone all 3 were slower than the Aura's and the Rebellions. But apart from that I am absolutely loving both cars in both games, they drive amazingly well and look fantastic. Thank you URD!

20. Bjørn

Bjørn Registered

Thanks Ales and team!
    First of all two things has to be fixed, right now. Those things are. The Darsches massive fuel consumption compared to the Aura it's close to (if not!) doubled on the Darsche.
    Second... Tires are taking 10-11 seconds to be changed AND it is done WHILE refueling. It's prohibited and too short.

Now to the cars...
    I'll probably be shot down for saying this, but I sincerely think these cars lack either mechanical (tyres maybe?) and / or grip gained through aero dynamics...

I've driven quite a few laps on Spa with a few other people online... We all came to the same conclusion that we thought they were lacking grip. No matter what we did (of sensible things in the setup (and good amounts of rubber on-track)) we couldn't get the cars to do T16 (after Stavelot), the corner leaving onto the "back straight" and Blanchimont. This is taken flat in real life... And like I said we couldn't get it to where it could be done flat. And if we did, we'd die in Eau Rouge due to snap oversteer up the hill.
    Pouhon also seemed to be too slow...

I don't know if it is down to the rF2-way of simulating the four wheel drive (where I of course put the torque split heavily towards the rear!) that kills some of the rotation, I'd expect from the definitely-towards-oversteery aero setup / balance.

I'm not at all sold yet on these "HY" cars. I for sure feel like they need more grip, where it should come from, I'm not sure about.

Lastly... I'm not a ham-fisted oaf (save it!)..!

Oh, and the Darsche is indeed slower than the Aura, which isn't quite right :)

Oh-oh, It's awesome to have an Aura that actually sounds like a diesel, good job!

Last edited by a moderator: Jan 17, 2016