[WIP] EnduranceRacingX PX by URD Pre-order with beta access available!

Discussion in 'Vehicles' started by UnitedRacingDesign, May 4, 2015.

1. Eddy

Eddy Registered

All clear. Thnx for your response

2. brownninja97

brownninja97 Registered

oh mein gott. does that mean its close to release then? I'm starting to get the shakes, too much hype.

3. PearceYaussy

PearceYaussy Registered

"Next week", as of last week... So any day now.

4. Sherwin92

Sherwin92 Registered

I have been trying for the last 2 days to get a custom skin working on the PX2 car without any luck... The thing stays completly blue! with an (slightly) older version of the PX2 car, they actually had a black, carbon looking skin on the #46 and a white skin on the #47 and the custom skin works fine on there (well, i cant get the rear wing, banner and rims to show). Am i missing something, or is there a (slight) bug in the latest version of the PX2?

5. brownninja97

brownninja97 Registered

nope it works fine for me. well i made the skins for AC and then ported them over to rF2 but they still work fine. you might have messed up your dds settings?

6. Chris Lesperance

Chris Lesperance Registered

Not exactly what part would be failing, weather it be an issue with the "virtual ride" or naming/texture conventions.

I have some instructions on the Virtual Ride posted here, incase that is the issue.

http://www.racedepartment.com/threads/fictional-2017-tuscc-cadillac-oreca-8.110444/

If you download the car, you can look at the .mas file with the textures, you can see the types of files and the naming that I used, and use that as a base.

Let us know if that works for you.

7. steviejb

steviejb Registered

Any chance we'll get the sounds that are in AC for rF2 any time soon?

8. brownninja97

brownninja97 Registered

i think they said earlier that the sound guys are more used to AC so that sim gets good sounds first then they come to rF2. not sure how long that will take though.

9. UnitedRacingDesign

UnitedRacingDesign Registered

Aura sounds are in allready. Have to remind now Fonsi to get the rpx sounds into rf2. Darche sounds are beeing worked on now.

Some quick screens of Darche ingame.

10. Sherwin92

Sherwin92 Registered

Thanks brownninja97 and Chris Lesperance for your suggestions, so far, no luck however.

Chris, I downloaded the skin you linked to (I love it, btw. :eek: ) and I hope these 2 pictures show what my problem actually is :

This first screenshot is with an older version of the RPX2, V0.83. Look at the side pods/numberplate (and I don't think the rear wing is quite right too) :

[​IMG]

This is a screenshot of (what is, to my knowledge) the latest version of the RPX2, V0.84 (it just wont show!) :

[​IMG]

11. UnitedRacingDesign

hmm, those are different models to. The black template is wrong. you need to check what you are using there. Something must be wrong there.

12. Sherwin92

Sherwin92 Registered

Here is the same skin (Chris' skin) on the RPX1 model (same problem) :

[​IMG]

And it seems that Chris used the right template for his skin, I have the same : the one we download from the URD website

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

13. Chris Lesperance

Was there a model update between 1.83 and 1.84? I never had any issues with the car on my side...

I thought I had everything up to date on my side, but I'll have to take a look when I get home from work.

14. UnitedRacingDesign

15. Chris Lesperance

Yeah everything looks correct on my side, last time I looked. It very much appears to be a different model some how

One question for you Aless, on that RPX, it is VERY difficult to align the "*extra3.dds" to what is on the base livery. I know it would be hard for the cars that are all ready mapped, but for future cars, would it be possible to not have as many parts that are angled? It was very difficult to make liveries not only align vertically and horizontally, but also throw in the angle. There was also a few parts that were scaled differently compared to it's opposite side (the big honking fin was one that came to mind), so a simple copy and paste of the decals required extra scaling and playing around to try and get right.

Hopefully the Darche, is a little nicer to paint (I have lots of liveries floating through my head LOL!). I haven't tried painting the Aura yet as I don't think there is a template out there for it.

16. UnitedRacingDesign

rpx is complicated, it was planned with 2014 version only, than there were all kinda updates plus 2015 body kit and all than to in p1/p2. I will ask Alex Koda to make some skins for rpx and order than the templates with skins so you guys will have more easy overview on that car.

17. Chris Lesperance

Sounds great! The Darche looks awesome as well! Really looking forward to it!

18. Sherwin92

Sherwin92 Registered

Well thank you for help and advice Alless.

By making a "Virtual ride" I got the Cadillac skin to show on the 0.84 RPX car, but for some reason still with the messed up side and rear wing, both in the showroom and even on track too.

On a side note, I found out why the RPX2 cars #46 and #47 had skins in 0.83, but not anymore in 0.84.

In the v0.84, within the "URD_RevolutionPX_teams.mas" it appears to be missing "RPX2_46.dds", "RPX2_46extra1.dds","RPX2_47.dds" and"RPX2_47extra1.dds". I hope this can be of help some way.

[​IMG]

19. Lgel

Lgel Registered

Very good looking car.
    Thanks.

20. PearceYaussy

PearceYaussy Registered

Question: will the Darche have a driver and LEDs and such when it is eleased, or will it be like the aura currently is?

BTW, GREAT looking car, that's some Forza Motorsport 3 looking stuff right there. And Forza 3 looked freaking REAL.

Oh one more thing: It's "Darsche" now? Though it was "Darche" lol