[WIP] EnduranceRacingX PX by URD Pre-order with beta access available!

Discussion in 'Vehicles' started by UnitedRacingDesign, May 4, 2015.

1. Guimengo

Guimengo Guest

I just drove the cars around Silverstone for a quick shakedown. The below stand out immediately.

Force Feedback:
    I would like FFB just like the SimHQ LMPs. They feel very nice and transmit the road very well and lo and behold... have ISI-made levels.

Currently with URD PX you only feel the extreme situations such as curbs, I'd hate to increase the multiplier because detail > force. The T5 series has very poor FFB, the EGT has alright FFB.

Car setup:
    As aforementioned, we need control of lock and I must say I am surprise to see certain ride height parameters/limitations but if they're within the allowed range (I do not know the rulebook) then alright.

Dashboard:
    Is it possible to assign a key to flip through the pages of the screen? SimHQ does something a little different where you see the car's status and general HUD through it but I know the C7r has two different pages.

2. hexagramme

hexagramme Registered

I agree about the force feedback. It needs more oomph.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

3. Lgel

Lgel Registered

@ Guimengo & hexagramme

I think we are beginning anew the discussion of the new DW12 here.

Just raising camber to 8.5 did the trick for me, may be this could be the default value.

Cheers.

4. Justy

Justy Registered

Yes, I understand why folks feel the FFB could do with a boost, but as Lgel points out, this topic was covered already about the DW12. However if URD decide to do that, I hope it will be done sympathetically, I personally think it is fine as it is. I nudged the multiplier up to 1.2 initially, but then after dialling in my setup (caster still at default) I have found myself creeping back towards the default FFB.

Sent from my D5803 using Tapatalk

5. kkacper

kkacper Registered

Hey Ales, lovely work here, decided to give into pre-ordering these prototypes a few days ago and I'm not disappointed! I love driving them to bits. But now to what I came here for, I've encountered a bug, first time driving these after the recent update and any time I crash this happens to the windshield:
    View attachment 17213 View attachment 17214
    It's only happening since this patch, it's of course not game breaking but it is quite annoying when you end up making a mistake :p

6. Bjørn

Bjørn Registered

Oh wow, that needs to be addressed asap :)

7. kkacper

kkacper Registered

Oh also of course I mean the game build not the mod patch that broke the windshield, I may not have been to most clear there so just clarifying that :)

8. UnitedRacingDesign

UnitedRacingDesign Registered

I will check that right away. It has to do with latest build but no idea what is it... Dont crash it :)
    Its strange thing thought.

9. kkacper

kkacper Registered

Haha, not like I ever try to crash it, it happens once in a while though as I'm still getting used to the very immediate power delivery of the 2015 model :)

10. Guimengo

Guimengo Guest

Ales,

do you plan on releasing a sort of demo for this mod? I got a few more people to get into it but nothing beats driving it for yourself instead of word of mouth.

11. Bjørn

Bjørn Registered

Seriously? They don't need a demo... Your word should be enough.

12. Bjørn

Bjørn Registered

Funny, I don't have this issue... Completely fresh install.

PX2 @ Silverstone 1.35

13. steviejb

steviejb Registered

Also just experienced some funky effects going on with the 2014 P1, but this was just sitting in the pits after hitting race.

[​IMG]

Last edited by a moderator: Jul 2, 2015
  14. kkacper

kkacper Registered

I just did a quick test with the PX2 at Silverstone and got this exact issue as well, instantly white/road reflecting windshield. The issue I described earlier is to do with both PX1 models, but here you don't even have to crash, it's just omnipresent. I may have to do a clean rF2 install but it's not even that old (couple months) nor have I installed too many mods I wouldn't think, hmm.

15. Bjørn

Bjørn Registered

16. Chris Lesperance

Chris Lesperance Registered

Had the same issue with the P2 after driving for around 10-15 min at the new Indy road course. Really weird as it was all good during that time, then all of a sudden it went grey. Really odd

17. kkacper

kkacper Registered

Yeah Chris, just had a little drive with the PX1, was about to do a 30 minute AI race, just to see how it all handles, no contact, nothing and my windscreen went grey while on my first race lap in Malaysia, last sector, no contact at all, except just hitting a curb like normal. Strange.

Also, Bjorn you're saying you have a fresh install, are you sure it's the build 982 that was released today/yesterday, just making sure?

18. Bjørn

Bjørn Registered

How stupid do think I am? :) Yes it's 982 xD

19. kkacper

kkacper Registered

Not at all, just wondering, sometimes the most stupid thing can explain quite a lot, I guess I'm just used to looking for easiest solutions and this seemed like a thing worth double checking :p . In any case, I guess if there are quite a few people reporting having the same issue it's something a bit bigger, but it seems like only happens with this mod from what I've tried so far, I guess time to fiddle around with the ingame settings to seek a temporary solution until a patch. It could also be completely random as to whom it happens to and who's "grey screen free" and not and not something with a fix without update to the mod :p

20. Bjørn

Bjørn Registered

I didn't run it for 15 mins though... And it was at 9 AM... Might be a thing coming on at a special time of day, who knows?