[REL] EnduranceRacingX EGT by URD Update V2 July 2016!

Discussion in 'Vehicles' started by UnitedRacingDesign, Apr 4, 2013.

1. TJones

TJones Registered

Very good, thank's for info. :)

2. RJames

RJames Registered

Hi Ales,

Just a quick sorry, nothing wrong with the car lights. You are correct HDR is not playing nice at night. Silly for me to build the track lighting with it enabled, will have to redo all the light settings as without HDR on it's lit up like a Christmas Tree..doh!

Let's hope HDR gets a make over to resolve it.

3. UnitedRacingDesign

UnitedRacingDesign Registered

Hi guys, im thinking to expand the car package by atleast 1 car if not even 2. "C7r" and another Darche, what do you think?
    We are still battling here with last 2 cockpits and we got somebody that will get us some more cockpit pics of current Darche ingame that im working on. Are you guys prepared bit more for outstanding cockpits and for that we add more cars to the package?

4. I would love to see the Bentley Continental GT3.

5. benhaha

benhaha Registered

Mercedes SLS? That thing has the best sounding engine.

6. UnitedRacingDesign

There is one conversion allready around plus another modding team works on this car to. Would be really waste of time that we would put time into that car.

GT3 cars dont fit with our current cars actually.

7. RJames

RJames Registered

More cars will certainly be welcome, is the Italian exotic still coming?

Also when you speak of the second Darche i'm guessing you mean the 997. Will it even still be running in 2014? As i understood it the 991 RSR will be the privateer car also.

8. UnitedRacingDesign

Yes, italian car is in work allready.
    I think that 997 will still be used, not sure if all privateer have the money to get new model. Thought the 997 is still good one and very competitive.

9. alpha-bravo

alpha-bravo Registered

http://www.autoblog.com/photos/chevrolet-corvette-c7r-prototype-laguna-seca/#photo-844963

Are there enough specs available ? If yes --> yes :)

Ales is it possible to give us for the Darche and the AM a reduced cockpit until the final version is ready?
    For me it would be enough to have basic instruments or a lcd where I can see speed rpm gear watertemp and oil.

FPS:
    Last week I noticed that there is a big difference in given fps between the vette and the darche or in other words between finished and unfinished cockpits.
    I know that is normal but my ingame fps counter showed me a difference about 25 fps.
    I'm not unhappy with the current fps of the finished cockpit but since we all are allways on the search for some extra fps I thought it is worth to ask you.

Resolution in side mirrors and rear cam with low FOV (22 - 24 triple screen setup):
    Must ask this again. With my settings and I'm sure many other have the same situation I have a (visual) problem because I can't see anything in the side mirrors and that what I can see looks ugly due the low resolution (or with this FOV to big mirrors?) same situation with the lcd for rear view.
    For example with Lola T280 1.2 Mod I have not this. Ok the mirrors are smaller :)
    A garage option with a customized triple screen setup could be a solution or ?
    The mod looks so nice but (in my case) the pixel mirrors and pixel rear lcd are really disturbing.

Last I want say this is one of my favorite mod's fantastic work and progress since now.
    Thx URD guys :)

10. Tosch

Tosch Registered

C7R sounds nice! I'm in no hurry. Please take your time to get things right. I don't see Christmas as a "deadline".

11. hoover

hoover Registered

Take your time and do them properly... looks like you've fallen victim to the old 80/20 rule of software development: The first 80% of a project take 80% of the total time, while the last 20% take the remaining 80%. ;)

All the best, Uwe

12. UnitedRacingDesign

@alpha-bravo so the fps is 25 lower when youre in HD cockpit driving? That seem to be extrem, i had maybe 2-4 different only sofar.
    Our mirrors are allready at HIGH texture size, that makes them more quality, its the way ISI defined quality of those. If i add higher texture you will get even worse fps and the problem is i cant make it even as upgrade becase it usses mirror.bmp texture that i cannot assing to different mesh that would make it higher or lower. I think that ISI will work more around mirrors coding in future, atleast i hope so to make something better in default or that we can chance this ourself and its not defined by a texture size that a player cant adjust.

I will definitly look into some settings around cockpits to, especially i will try to get rid of the HD cockpits for opponents as that would free up memory to.

And yes for the vette, the reference i have sofar for exterior is good enough to make a good model, especially as i got from friend a good high poly model of road version wich helps alot on car proportions. And in next month the car is aparently going to race allready if im not wrong. For cockpit i can improvise slighlty until i have reference and use parts from c6r and update it later.

13. rob1178

rob1178 Registered

I think if prefer the protos instead of more gt cars,

If we're talking wec endurance, then there are only porsche, am, vette and Ferrari in that series and all of these are already 'represented' beautifully.

I'm really looking forward to multiclassing with this mod, and as you say there are already other mod groups doing other gt cars

14. UnitedRacingDesign

Me to, but im playing with idea to skip most of 2013 PX1(those fast ones atleast) cars and rather do 2014 cars right away so that would mean Aura, Darche, Moyoda PX1 2014.

15. BanjoMaster

BanjoMaster Registered

What do you think? :D Doing the 997 as well would give us the possibility to have a full field of Pro and ProAm cars, which can only be good :) The older Porsche is the only car left out of the set so far, so yes I'd be delighted if it was included. In fact, is this following on from my suggestion? Cool :D

16. rob1178

rob1178 Registered

I guess that makes sense, would aura/moyoda be externally much different? I guess the regs changes will have some impact but I thought it was mostly drivetrain/hybrid changes?

17. BanjoMaster

BanjoMaster Registered

There're quite a few bodywork & aero changes too, partly to drastically increase driver visibility. Take a look (but ignore the Porsche):

[​IMG]

A lot of the details are obviously quite similar, but the cockpits of the two cars are quite different.

18. rob1178

rob1178 Registered

I hope they paint it silver, looks better than in black IMHO!

19. UnitedRacingDesign

The new 2014 biggest rules are done to exteriors. The cars are now 1.9m wide and not 2m anymore. The other diferente is front splitter adjustable and wing shaped and canopys are higher so that drivers view point is better.

20. rob1178

rob1178 Registered

Shows what I know!

Now I just wanna drive them even more lol. I also bought my ticket for 6 hrs Silverstone 2014 the other day so I'm well into endurance mode :)