[REL] EnduranceRacingX EGT by URD Update V2 July 2016!

Discussion in 'Vehicles' started by UnitedRacingDesign, Apr 4, 2013.

1. Slamfunk3

Slamfunk3 Registered

Well, and im not trying to insult anyones intelligence, IMO its just common sense tho. In real life you use mainly 3 senses while driving: sight, smell and feel. As soon as you sit down in front of a PC you're giving up a huge part of the FEEL of driving. The trick is to hone in your remaining senses to compensate for that loss. Now you can change the given car around to compensate for the loss of feel, but then you are no longer simulating that given car. Its a catch 22 thats always been and always will be a part of sim racing. The best guys out there are not only talented drivers to begin with but are just that much better at using the other senses to tell what a car is doing in game.

Simulators are a fairly new thing to real world racing but have become so important to teams staying competitive. There's big money being spent to make it as realistic as possible and the data is as close to real life as you can get. And yet still there is a large number of real world racers that just cannot get used to driving in a simulator. There's a interesting article up at ESPNF1 http://en.espnf1.com/mclaren/motorsport/story/138211.html. It's mostly Jensen Button crying about how hard next years car are gonna be to drive :) but he mentions driving a simulator. He himself says that they are harder to drive then real life. Especially the sensation of Torque. Well most of the cars people complain about here are cars with torque. If we want a simulator, again IMO, then some cars are just gonna be tricky to drive. It is what it is.

Just to finish on topic a little. Ales your doin a great job. I've had this mod since it first came out and i'm loving the progress and how far its come along. I doubt you'll be able to make everyone happy but man i gotta give it to u, your not giving up and you keep trying haha.

2. GCCRacer

GCCRacer Banned

Slamfunk, interesting point you bring up, but it leads me to a question: Do we want to simulate the feeling of racing a car on track, or simulate the feeling of a race driver sitting in a simulator? If the former, then some shortcuts are needed to compensate for missing sensations, to make the overall experience as challenging - and not more so - than the real thing.

3. K Szczech

K Szczech Registered

Corvette? Play nice with it, and it will not fail you: LINK :)

4. Jamezinho

Jamezinho Registered

Finally bought into this mod today. It's fantastic in all areas.

The car models and cockpits are top notch. This mod has me excited about the graphical potential for rF2.

5. furiousgibbon

furiousgibbon Registered

I just bought it too after giving the Corvette demo a go. Assetto what? This is brilliant, the level of grip allows for nice close races without being exhausting. In my opinion, while it probably leans to the forgiving side, it's believable considering the sort of soft rubber these cars would be running.

The models are excellent, the interiors that have been done are really nice, looking forward to the others being completed. Sounds are good too but could be improved upon. Bargain for the price, no one should have a problem paying for quality like this!

6. divaco

divaco Registered

hi ales.... the mod its amazing but I saw that when I run against the AI, for example in malaysia or le mans when the AI make determinates curves, often they flying out alone and collide .... I tested with the ISI mods and this did not occur ....

Thanks

7. tjc

tjc Registered

Just wondering...

Is there an update this week or not?

Can`t really remember where we`re at...

:p

8. UnitedRacingDesign

UnitedRacingDesign Registered

No, not this week, ill see if next week if later. If it will be later than both AM and Darche cockpits included. Will know more next week how the progress will be.

9. Mydriaz

Mydriaz Registered

Too bad :(
    I thought there was a release every week...

Envoyé depuis mon GT-I9100 avec Tapatalk

10. Cangrejo

Cangrejo Registered

This mod has flexible chassis at this moment?

11. UnitedRacingDesign

Once doing cockpits every 2 weeks actually, noted that right away as they need more attention and we have far less reference for this. Im telling you, this last 2 are such a pain actually.

12. UnitedRacingDesign

We had it at some time on Bayro, it doesnt make any big differente that would be really demanded at this stage but we will do them when im sure its working right way.

13. tjc

tjc Registered

Ok, I hope things go well.

14. UnitedRacingDesign

Will be done, just needs bit more tweaking and adjusting ;)

15. RJames

RJames Registered

Hi Ales,

I've done a fair bit of testing the cars on a track i've been working on and done alot of night driving testing (to setup track night lights).

The overall feel of the car lights is the spread is too thin and that they need to have a larger range as currently they are only pointing to sort of 10meters in front which on tracks that have sections of no lighting make it impossible to really see ahead.

If you don't mind i'll have a little play with the values and report my feedback.

Regards

Rob

16. UnitedRacingDesign

Yeah that came from last build, isnt there issues with HDR and night now? ill check the values on that on tweak them up.
    What track and hdr is good actually now on night?

17. ZeosPantera

ZeosPantera Registered

The new nords with Tosch's profiles are really good at night. You can also look through the tire smoke at the cars as some pieces always come through the smoke layer. Not 100% sure it that is the games fault, the profiles fault or the models fault.

18. UnitedRacingDesign

That is the issues of the game that it doesnt block it. Any other track good at night? Something shorter? :D

19. TJones

TJones Registered

Hi Ales, i have a "somewhat crazy" idea for the Bayro cockpit. This big gearwheel above the Steering is connected to the steering in the real car.
    I don't know if it's even possible to realise, but do you think you can let it move with the Steeringwheel (opposite direction of course) ?

20. UnitedRacingDesign

I was thinking about it actually but no, wont work in oposite direction actually. Another idea would be to add this to driver animation, that might work and we will test that in future.