[REL] EnduranceRacingX EGT by URD Update V2 July 2016!

Discussion in 'Vehicles' started by UnitedRacingDesign, Apr 4, 2013.

1. MikeeCZ

MikeeCZ Registered

As you know it happened to me too, and i also wasnt high rev downshifting, on your server :)

2. Mini Schnauzer

Mini Schnauzer Registered

Hey, it happened to me in sebring off line with Darche 2 times this afternoon with Capeta estava on the server and the temperature was average with the same setup that offline ...... strange .....

3. UnitedRacingDesign

UnitedRacingDesign Registered

Darche is getting bit more updated engine in next version, rpm will go higher but will adjust other things to. How are other cars, Venom or AM?

4. bwana

bwana Registered

Think the handling of the AM is a bit arcadeish maybe? just a little too easy to drive for a sim.

5. tjc

tjc Registered

Ales, is the Darche getting a cockpit for the next update?

:)

6. UnitedRacingDesign

Yes

7. tjc

tjc Registered

:cool:

8. rob1178

rob1178 Registered

Just because it's 'easy' doesn't necessarily mean it's not a good 'sim' of the car.

Not having driven one for real though, I'm not in a position to pass judgement

9. Tony

Tony Registered

Got these over the weekend, very nice, like them a lot :D

Exterior modelling is stunning, & the Viper cockpit is very nice as well (maybe the Beemer cockpit could have a texture tweak here & there?) ..only driven a few laps but like the way they drive also - be perfect for a future tintop league in the new year with us..

10. UnitedRacingDesign

Yes you are right there and will be done after we have all cars finished.

11. TJones

TJones Registered

Yes, i have also this impression, same for Darsha, and Bayro. You can push these cars very hard and dont need to worry nuch to flew off.
    Venom is much better, and the Vette seems to be almost perfect in this area.

12. MagnusD

MagnusD Registered

Are you guys runing with default setup ? If you want to be fast with these machines, you really need to be precise and on the edge all the time with the right setup. I find these cars harder to reach to the outmost limit when doing a qualifying lap than with the ISI Corvette. Sure, out of the box they really are a 'sunday drivers machine' but when you want to be competitive they aren't that easy.
    And sure, high end tuned racecars should be 'tricky' to drive but not to the point where you slide all over the place, case in point ISI Corvette, as nice as it is(and I do run in a endurance league with it) I never get that 'planted' feel I expect from a high performance GT car.

13. ZeosPantera

ZeosPantera Registered

I know my skill level and when I complete a Nordschleife lap as cleanly as I do in some of these cars I know two things. Either the handling is off or these cars in real life are the greatest technological achievement since the cure for polio and the moon landing.

Not that I want them to be uncontrollable nonsense, but perfect cars don't exist and it is the flaws that separate most users choice in cars not just their advantages.

14. TJones

TJones Registered

@MagnusD
    Didn't use default setup very much because of the heavy understeering i get with these.
    I did some (around 15) laps at Silverstone lately, changed springs to nealy equal rates, lowered rearwing a few klicks. Just to tell the mayor changes to default setup.
    Or at last, a few laps in the Darche at Mills innerC, setup changes goes in the same direction (less understeering) here. Some of these laps weren't such bad and i didn't have much problems with precise driving at all, but of course it's still possible to squeeze a few tenth or maybe sec. out of the cars with more practice (or better driver at last).:)
    But lets take the Darche for example, i always get the impression i can puuusshh this car extreme. I miss, some sort of "give up" or drop-off of the tyre.

With "Vette" i meant the C6.r by URD, which i like very much not only, but particularly of the behavior of tyre grip. I also think a race tyre with very high grip, should have tendentially a sharper drop-off than a low grip one.

15. MagnusD

MagnusD Registered

I see what you mean, but it could all come down to driving style/preference. I for one never ever choose a Darche(or Porsche if you will :p) when racing GT, it just never suits my style of driving(I prefer MR over anything), I never feel I can push it the way I want, or I can never point it to the direction I want it to go, whether it be stock content or mod based. From what I gather it's a tyre issue more than a car issue, and we know that the rF2 tyre model is highly complex(even though I believe URD are doing their best to be as accurate) I think the 'problem' lies more with the tyres.

I know you meant the URD Crovette, I was taking the ISI Corvette as an comparison as it is on of the most similar(still differs hugely) cars to the EGT cars. When driving the ISI Corvette on a green track it feels like I can turn the whole car on a dime, whilst the URD Corvette has a more logical and progressive way of acting from the driver input. And yes I know it's not a 1/1 comparison but I think that progressive behaviour are more realistic when the car is setup right. I can understand 'snap oversteer' and such, but that to me either comes down to a faulty setup or a faulty driving style.

16. TJones

TJones Registered

Yes Magnus, i also think it's mainly a tyre thing. The tyre model is indeed very innovative and complex, i spend a few hours last week to get into it, it's really hard. :confused:
    But i really like the Porsches with their precise, sometimes a little nervous turn in behavior, and huge grip at exit. I wouldn't say the Darche is bad at all, when you turn in, and at the apex you can play with the car very easy, but still miss a "somewhat more" defined limit, which i get with the Venom or the C6.r for example.

17. Nhra Racer

Nhra Racer Registered

Why is it that for a lot of sim racers the cars have to drive like **** to be "REALISTIC"? When you jump into a real bmw zgt3, do you really think it's going to spin out on nearly every corner?

18. Black Dice

Black Dice Registered

Right. Some of these people are quite lost IMHO. LOL :rolleyes:

19. GCCRacer

GCCRacer Banned

I'm now gonna use the evil word and say... it's also about fun (GASP!!!)

Like I wrote in the Vette Thread, with our limited seat-of-pants feel, some of the ISI stuff is just frustrating (Brabham). It may be super realistic, but what enjoyment is there when you are picking the car out of hedges so often you don't get a clean lap togehter? From the ISI cars, the Megane and G6 Houston are the ones where the balance between bite and enjoyment seem to be about right. Now, how hard is it to spin a Megane? Quite a bit... if the URD cars here are easier to drive than that (I haven't really tested yet because I want to start this off with the AM Cockpit)... if they are easier even than the Megane, then maybe something could be done. But not to the point where they feel like the ISI Corvette...

20. TJones

TJones Registered

Just spend some laps at Mills outer-loop-C, and have to change my mind a bit, the Darche is indeed challenging to drive with a somewhat neutral setup. Grip limit might be a little "blurred" and undefined, but it isn't such easy to find a good balance in setup.
    Had a little different handling in mind, maybe still to much understeering before this. :confused: