[REL] EnduranceRacingX EGT by URD Update V2 July 2016!

Discussion in 'Vehicles' started by UnitedRacingDesign, Apr 4, 2013.

1. NWDogg

NWDogg Registered

I'm not sure if you guys tried the original releases of this mod or not, but if you recall the first couple versions had braking issues where a slight tap on the brakes would send the car spinning. 2 or maybe 3 updates back, Ales fixed that problem (presumably by moving the brake bias forward, along with engine brake mapping changes maybe) so the cars no longer spun when braking at all.

I think that if whichever changes were made to fix that original issue were dialed back just a *tiny* bit, then it would be in the sweet spot. I don't think it is too far off now though, it is still worlds better now than it was when it was first released.

2. jimcarrel

jimcarrel Registered

To be honest Ales, last update put me off just a tad, but this version more than makes up for it.
    My favorite has always been the Darche, it just seems to fit me, the Bayro I drove a little, but it just doesn't seem to fit the way I drive. What I like about this mod is that all cars are extremely different in how you must drive them. It is marvelous!

I don't know how you might improve upon physics of Darche from here, it is really feeling sweet.

Now I must put on my noobie hat. I know what the bar is and why it is, in the Vette, but I'll be darned if I can stand more than a couple of laps in it.

No matter where I adjust my seat to... at some point in a turn, I cannot see where the heck I want to go.
    Do I adjust my attitude, find a secret seat adjustment, or beg for an "option". I like how the Vette feels and drives but it is just weird.

Bottom line though, I'm sure glad I put some money in on your group!!

3. Hedlund_90

Hedlund_90 Registered

Brake pressure on some cars are set low as default. 90% for Darche, for example. But even with 100% it is still very hard to lock up the brakes. I have to agree with Ronnie here. I have also said it before. I can smash the brake pedal and use full pressure for 98% of the braking zone. The only time I can lock up just a little bit is the very last part of the braking, where I need to release pressure a bit. Like Ronnie said, I think these brakes should be able to really "bite" if not using ABS.

4. Black75

Black75 Registered

AM is more funny than last version: well done!
    Keep up the good work! ;)

5. Goat

Goat Registered

I don,t know why your cars respond different than mine but I can lock the brakes at full speed on the mid ohio back straight with no problem (Darche & Vette)... may be it is track specific? I know there are settings in the track files to control tarmac grip.

Anyway,... I am loving this mod. the Darche Sounds are among the best I have ever heard.!!!

Goat

6. Andregee

Andregee Registered

It is normally that the brakes don´t lock at high Speed, because of the downforce, which decreases by slowing down, so that the Brakes are able to lock at the end of the way.

7. Rony1984

Rony1984 Registered

Thanks for this update Ales. It's remarkable to see the pace with which this MOD evolves. Definitely a big improvement on the physics. I do feel however, especially on the Darche for now as I havent played with the settings of the others a lot, that there is a tad too much overall grip. The behaviour of the tires is very good though, its just that I think the cars are little too fast. With the Darche for example, my first impressions is that there might be too much downforce; when maxing it, the car feels stuck to the road like a formula car and the cornering speeds seem to high.

Does anyone share this feeling?

8. Ronnie

Ronnie Registered

Try to read what I said. Stomp on them whatever your speed is. Doesn't matter if it's 290 km/h or 70 km/h. Just stomp on them and don't let go until you stop. You will just gradually start losing speed. Just constant retardation nothing else. I guarantee you that a car with huge, powerful brakes that these cars have would lock wheels if you were too eager (read: hit them with fat foot) on the brakes or on them for too long. Even F1 cars with their massive slicks and immense downforce lock wheels even when driver uses 50% of braking power. See my point? ;>

9. Goat

Goat Registered

I see your point but my install does not react that way. I really think you have ABS turned on somewhere.

10. MikeeCZ

MikeeCZ Registered

No the ABS is off and I am the same as Ronnie, and actually the same for acceleration, it is very hard to spin the wheels when on throttle with these 500 PS cars

11. Goat

Goat Registered

This is odd. When I leave the pits if I have the throttle pinned and release the rev limiter the tires brake lose and i can spin the car. i wonder what the difference is from your install to mine?
    I don't doubt your impression but mine is different for some reason.

12. MikeeCZ

MikeeCZ Registered

u r right, this is odd, because leaving the pit is exactly when i flat out as im sure that i wont spin

13. ZeosPantera

ZeosPantera Registered

Can anyone pull off a brake stand burnout in any of these cars (or any in rf2 for that matter)? It should be doable with this sort of power and the advanced tire models.

14. GTClub_wajdi

GTClub_wajdi Registered

lolll...I'm really very worried about this post! was you the one who wanted less grip and less stable cars as the ISI C6r?:rolleyes:
    I didn't tested this mod in the last 2 weeks, but I would be very disappointed if this mod turns around having the same crappy physics of ISI C6r and Camaro!

15. UnitedRacingDesign

UnitedRacingDesign Registered

Not going into that direction, dont worry. You should take a run with new version and stop hotlaping in AC :D

16. GTClub_wajdi

GTClub_wajdi Registered

:)

17. Minibull

Minibull Member

I'm worried about your post...some fair feedback with a bit of thought there from Ronnie..."crappy physics" comments aside...

I haven't tried the latest version, but the brakes in the last couple of builds I've tried have been pretty "sterile". Digressive braking is pretty much not needed until right into the corner where you have to back off a wee bit. I'm hoping something will change a little bit there. Seems weird that a couple of mods have some odd problems with braking. This one in earlier builds, the 787B...like something is off somewhere which causes the rear to snap round weirdly, so it's compensated by seemingly reducing the max braking ability. Dunno

I've liked most everything else though, cars have a different feel to each other, great sounds so far, and the Venom cockpit looks stunning...as in the best XD

18. MikeeCZ

MikeeCZ Registered

+1

19. baked bean

baked bean Registered

:confused: How about you go test it then wadji instead of being worried about someone else's constructive feedback lol :rolleyes:

Ales, I also think the breaks are weak, adding some more breaking power cant hurt, then if its to strong for some drivers set ups, at least they can turn break pressure down. As it is now for me atleast at 100% is not strong enough and cant be increased any more. :)

20. baked bean

baked bean Registered

I do and have mentioned it before, but got a load of **** from a few here for saying so like, stop crying, and i bet you have never driven a car and all that old bollox lol Just watching the tire temp whilst cornering shows just how ott it is, both grip and downforce. I think that the combination of these two are what could be the problem with why the tires are not locking, maybe?