[REL] EnduranceRacingX EGT by URD Update V2 July 2016!

Discussion in 'Vehicles' started by UnitedRacingDesign, Apr 4, 2013.

1. C3PO

C3PO Registered

Great work as always - is it possible to be able to change brake bias and ARB in car?

2. BanjoMaster

BanjoMaster Registered

What's the update coming today? Are we onto cockpits now or are we still refining the exteriors and physics?

3. UnitedRacingDesign

UnitedRacingDesign Registered

Tomorow and we are going to cockpits with new week. And the Ferruccio will be added into game somwhere in beetwen to fill the complete car list.

4. TIG_green

TIG_green Registered

If I'm satisfied with the cockpits then you'll probably get my money soon :D

5. BanjoMaster

BanjoMaster Registered

Aaah, I was hoping you were going to say that :D

6. GTClub_wajdi

GTClub_wajdi Registered

Yes, you can assign 2 buttons setting-controller- brake bias and it is very important option that you can use during the race!

7. hexagramme

hexagramme Registered

Can't wait to see some bad ass skin packs for these babies.

8. Slamfunk3

Slamfunk3 Registered

Awesome job on the C6.R Ales. Loving the mean look of the widebody Vette. 2 small issues early on, the car seems faster then the rest of the pack and maybe a little too shiny compared to the rest. Great job tho, this mod just keeps getting better all around.

9. UnitedRacingDesign

How much faster is it? Can others please confirm that? For beeing to shiny, its effect more of yellow color only sofar, car has completly same settings as all others but on soe tracks ive noticed like lemans or nords it shines more becase some of track parts dont reflect corectly. Ive noticed ethone about that and he will add missing parts for that.

I have fixed now for all cars beeing stuck in grass or gravel to, adjusted Darche to be more competitive to, some gear adjustments and overall setup, will add AI setups for lemans to.

10. SripleTix

SripleTix Registered

I drive same times at Limerock no chicanes with Vette, Venom and Merlin (around 46,5). I haven`t tried others from new build yet.

11. John

John Registered

How much faster - on VLM LeMans the Vette is 3.5 seconds faster over a lap than the AM and Bayro, and 4+ seconds faster than the Darche and Venom.

Top speed is also faster 265 km/h as opposed to 257 km/h.

At 95% I had to use the low downforce wing upgrades AND lengthen the gear ratios to match the AI in the Vette. BTW, anyone sating the Vette is too easy just needs to run the low downforce upgrades, it gets interesting enough then.

12. UnitedRacingDesign

Default setup and/or AI times? If its default setups than this is bit hard to compare as cars are diferent for sure and they need to be adjusted, especially for this track as one is topspeed that mathers there alot and default setups are more setuped to slow tracks and is car depended from its own performence and behavior.

13. GTClub_wajdi

GTClub_wajdi Registered

I tested both the C6r and the Bayro at Lemans, both with my setup and the C6r is faster than the Bayro about 3-4 sec! don't know about the AM and the Veno though!

14. John

John Registered

Default setup and AI.

I wonder how to make the AI use different gearing at this sort of track. Possibly the way is to create a seperate class that uses a different default setup. This would then also suit tracks like Spa and Monza as well. You will need to make the mod good with AI as not everyone wants to only use it online.

15. yanaran

yanaran Registered

Ales, the difference is not that big with better setups. I changed the AI setups to minimum downforce and longer gearing, and the Vettes where 0.5-1 second faster than the AMs and Bayro's around VLM's la Sarthe. This matches fairly well with my own experience, I just did a lap each and got 4'00.6 in the AM and 3'59.7 in the Vette on fairly similar driving. That difference could easily be down to cars needing slightly different setups.

edit for John:
    In the .plr you can change these settings from 0 to 1:

Fixed Setups="1" // use fixed setups specified in UserData\<plr>\FavoriteAndFixedSetups.gal (based on track and vehicle class)
    Fixed AI Setups="1" // whether AI use the fixed setups, only applicable if "Fixed Setups" is also enabled (and can be used in single player to have the AIs use your favorite setup)

The AI will then use the "default" setting you make for the car (save a setting, then set "assign" as default). It's not perfect because all cars of this class (EGT5) will use the same setup "file" which will result in slightly different settings in the garage screen. For instance if you make a setup for the Bayro and assign that as default, the Venom will have messed up gear ratios and only reach 250 or so to speed.

16. UnitedRacingDesign

Hmm, might be that i will have to add specific hdvs in future for such tracks becase the diferente is big from normal to this kinda track in topspeeds and settings AI need to have a race.

17. ethone

ethone Registered

In the online sessions I've been in the times were close, at least between the AM, Bayro and Venom.

You shouldn't test it with AI without proper setups, at which point you should just test it yourself with your own setups.

18. bwana

bwana Registered

Without reading 68 pages was just wondering If your aware of environmental reflections inside the cockpit of the vette? loving the mod btw.. guess it may be rectified when cockpit is completed?

19. UnitedRacingDesign

Yeah ive checked on the servers to and it seems all car are close in mp when real people drive them from am to vette sofar. AI and default setups are something completly diferent and one setup should not actually fit exactly to another car completly.

Yeah, this cockpit is only for exterior views only. Will be completly diferent when done ;)

20. Slamfunk3

Slamfunk3 Registered

My original test was with modified AI setups at Malaysia (I find its a nice mix of high/low speed turns and top speed). Since my post I tested further with me actually driving the cars and messing with setups. The Vette is still a couple tenths faster but that might be just cuz I'm used to its driving style more. Unless you get a lot more complaints I'd probably ignore my post about that :)

As far as the shiny body, in yellow its actually not bad. I painted a couple of skins with darker colors tho and that's when I really noticed the shine. Maybe its something with the shaders in my game, I'll double check.