[REL] EnduranceRacingX EGT by URD Update V2 July 2016!

Discussion in 'Vehicles' started by UnitedRacingDesign, Apr 4, 2013.

1. Magus

Magus Registered

2. rubennaatje

rubennaatje Registered

'' URD is working under contract now for several game studios, after all the contracts are done they will find the time to update/complete their mods.''

3. Magus

Magus Registered

I'm just posting what's been communicated here and why we haven't seen updates recently for any of the mods.

4. DaVeX

DaVeX Registered

@rubennaatje don't quote only part of text, I said they have several contracts but at the same time they are working on rF2 mods even if those are low priority right now because they are waiting the big updates for the game are released...
    What's wrong with you?
    Just keep calm and wait...they stated several times they need time and a more stable platform before releasing next update...in the meantime they are working on other projects too...or do you think they should stop their work just to come here on forums to babysit you?

Sebastien Sestacq likes this.
  5. UnitedRacingDesign

UnitedRacingDesign Registered

Contracts or not, URD will still bring the stuff. As mentioned thought and as many have seen rf2 is beeing alot updated lately on dx11 level. We cant right now have the privilege to update our cars each time something doesnt fit. So we are waiting on that to be more stable.
    As mentioned few times PX was very costly to us and as we all do this kinda stuff, yes contracts are important for our life and where we have to make compromises. Our DLCs beside PX made us money, monthly income actually and its about beeing enough and its what we need for life and as we are more people involved and we have familys, we need steady income. So yes contracts are needed, especially the ones with stable income and im sure nobody can argue that.
    As sayed we have people not related to any contract still building new cars so that we can come back on top with our content that we will offer from JT5/T5...There will be small update regarding PX but we havent fallen decission yet where we actually stand there and how much more will come but something is still coming.
    EGT will get small update once we know where we stand around dx11 and the latest shaders.
    We will leave some games in future for sure and will not build content for them anymore but rF2 is our number one and that will stay that way.

6. oppolo

oppolo Registered

hello
    a question arises to me spontaneously, no polemic neither whining, only just curious, it is a little bit strange for me, but for sure there are right reasons, that some free mods have been updated to the dx11, but your mods, that we have paid for, are waiting the final version of dx11.

dadaboomda likes this.
  7. UnitedRacingDesign

The main updates were done basicly on few material changes and textures yes. Im not sure what was updated as i dont have time to follow all them but we are waiting for other things to be added/finished or updated. And i know there will be another demand for update later so we rather do them later and with proper update that might be final only as we cant afford to update all the time stuff that is 5y old as than we are stuck with old content and cannot produce anything else anymore.
    Beside us, apex and mak i dont think there are thought any other around doing scratch made work as most of the mods are beeing converted from older mods/games or even ripped from other games plus most of those only do that and we dont.

Travis, Guimengo, SimonJ and 3 others like this.
  8. oppolo

oppolo Registered

ok, thanks for answer

9. Eddy

Eddy Registered

You have forgotten to mention Slowmotion making scratch made mods Aless

andrea_274 likes this.
  10. UnitedRacingDesign

if i forgot somebody im sorry, i barelly follow others right now who does what. I dont even have time to play rf2 except when doing cars ingame to test them. :)

Eddy and mixer61 like this.
  11. pkelly

pkelly Registered

Thank you, URD, for your candid and hopeful answer. Good luck on your future $$ projects and continue to have a good life. I appreciate your love affair with rF2.

David Kolody, Rui Santos and mixer61 like this.
  12. rubennaatje

rubennaatje Registered

I quote that part because it should get in the way and it was something that specifically I hadn't heard, I was referencing that in terms of urd communicating that to them, so when he replied with a quote that went over the other stuff I replied with your quote to show what exactly I was referencing.

I do think it's slightly annoying but I I am okay with urd taking the time they need.

I just think it's weird to defend their lack of communication. So I commented about that.

More replies like the last one is what is needed so thanks for that.

Edit: Whoops this was maybe a bit unclear, but I basically meant to say, the partial quote was used to show the part my earlier reply was referencing.

Also saying someone who is calm needs to calm down is very annoying, especially when you're the one asking if something is wrong with someone.

13. DaVeX

DaVeX Registered

Sorry for that, I didn't want to sound rude, keep in mind Eng isn't my native language so I tend to speak as I am used to do in my country.

14. rubennaatje

rubennaatje Registered

No problem then :)

15. brownninja97

brownninja97 Registered

This last bit is surprising, I mean as money is a priority in your line wouldnt it make more sense to put a more popular title first, both AMS and AC which your mods are in are stable enough for mods to be thrown up with little chance that changes will need to be made. RSS is smashing it right now with their mods and id love to see you and them act as rivals to raise eachothers level of quality. In terms of favourite sim or what your jobs are right now I understand putting this first but in terms of business and revenue its money left on the table. I guess you want parity between platforms but the longer you wait the more other modding teams are stealing your thunder.

I'll leave it to your judgement, you team is talented enough that you will find success regardless of the choice you make.

16. DaVeX

DaVeX Registered

I think they are going to leave the games which ended their life cycle...

Steffen_M likes this.
  17. brownninja97

brownninja97 Registered

but they support rf2, ams and ac with an experiment in pcars 1. Aside from the experiment all those games are standing strong

18. DaVeX

DaVeX Registered

AMS is near to v1.5 (end of development), same for AC, Kunos is clearly in a rush to put an end to it (and maybe move to another project...AC2?), Project Cars 2 maybe can ask them to model DLC cars...

19. brownninja97

brownninja97 Registered

Well if AC2 is coming earliest they would announce it is at the end of the year or an expo to do with sim racing, games take a ton of time to make, what matters is that right now and at least for the next six months there doesnt seem to be any reason as to why the AC or AMS userbase will take a sharp dive, especially AC as its got by far the largest userbase for moddable sim racing.

20. Jock Mhor

Jock Mhor Registered

It's a sad state of affairs that people have to trawl another company's forum to find updates like this. You have abandoned your social media accounts completely, no updates on either FB, Twitter or your website since February; you aren't even replying to people who post questions to you.

It's nice that you're busy accepting money from other contracts. Meanwhile you're ignoring the customers that have bought half finished products, and to make it worse you're still selling them! At least have the decency to update your website with this information so that would-be customers are able to make an informed decision as to whether to purchase or not. What you are doing is shady & unprofessional.

RNeves likes this.