[REL] EnduranceRacingX EGT by URD Update V2 July 2016!

Discussion in 'Vehicles' started by UnitedRacingDesign, Apr 4, 2013.

1. Mr.Thor

Mr.Thor Registered

Thanks for the info. Didn't know that.

2. wgeuze

wgeuze Registered

Is it just me or aren't you able to notice people flashing their lights behind you anymore? Ales, was this an intentional change or did something on the rF2 side change?

Driven the venom for a while now, so nice, on throttle, over kerbs, really feels and sounds great :)

3. UnitedRacingDesign

UnitedRacingDesign Registered

We didnt change anything around the lights. Those work great but im not sure what could have been changed by rF2 in that case.

4. wrxxy

wrxxy Registered

Ales you may wanna check this with HDR on.....As our league found the same thing..

5. WiZPER

WiZPER Registered

And as Ales said, some tuning which ISI possibly made to the HDR, may have affected it...

Edit: actually this is possibky drivers who never ran with HDR before ? Headlights does not illuminate tarmac in bright daylight, this is as it should be.

6. Will Mazeo

Will Mazeo Registered

No, it does not. Why you think they move trucks around a country to test a car despite having way more data available from manufacturer? lol
    Easy to be in the dark room: don't read the info if provided. Duh!

7. Ronnie

Ronnie Registered

So what did I say? Test it yourself? Oh yeah. That's what I said. ;) So what is the problem? ^^

8. McFlex

McFlex Registered

Don't believe in what Ronnie says. The EGT cars NEVER produce lift. Just take these values as numbers. -1 produces the least downforce and +2 the most and so do the values for the rear wing.

9. Bjørn

Bjørn Registered

Negative lift it does :p

10. Will Mazeo

Will Mazeo Registered

meh should have told you are just trolling from the begining, I'd save my keyboard a bit, at least now I know so I can ignore ¯\_(ツ)_/¯

If I see negative numbers I instantly think it's lift. If it isn't the case I wonder why not just increase the numbers and keep it positive

11. shiet

shiet Registered

I didn't have the time to practice or to experiment but I've found this article http://sportscar365.com/imsa/iwsc/michelin-gtlm-teams-to-debut-2016-wec-tire-in-monterey/ which says "...“The GTLM class is the only ‘open tire’ class in the WeatherTech Championship and since all of the GTLM teams have chosen Michelin..."

So every GTLM car uses Michelin.

On the Michelin website the manufacturer says: codl tire pressure around 22 psi, hot pressire 30-32 psi.

I don't know how this translates into rFactor 2 and specifically the URD EGT mod but we can try. :) At least we have a starting point.

12. davehenrie

davehenrie Registered

It shouldn't show up in the setup screens, but a negative lift situation was often used in rf1 and GTR2 to simulate the loss of downforce due to damage. If the end result of your downforce calculations begins with lift, then gradually transitions to downforce, you can experience the loss of downforce IF there are detached aero devices.(nose piece, rear wing etc)
    It would probably be more intuitive if the setup screens gave the option of 1, 2, 3, or 4, rather than -1, 0, 1, 2. This should be possible without making any changes to the actual physics, just change the 'look' to be more user friendly.
    dh

13. marmagas

marmagas Registered

Is the value of the selected mixture shown somewhere to know or by the clicks you have to remember?

14. Stefan Kanitz

Stefan Kanitz Registered

It seems that the engine is more sensible than it was in V1.97. One double downshift, which can easily happen, and the engine is gone. Any chances to change it by myself? It's not suitable for an endurance race like it is now.

15. Flaux

Flaux Registered

Tempted to say "or your skill level is not suited for endurance racing like it is right now." Hehe.

But jokes aside, you may want to change the downshift treshold in the player.json.

16. Stefan Kanitz

Stefan Kanitz Registered

:p I dont take it serious. Enough endurance racing experience available :)

Yeah i know. In Version 1.97 there was a comment "SaveRPM" somewhere in the files. But i cant find it anymore. But to get a clarification. Is the engine more sensible or is it just us who have the problems?

17. Flaux

Flaux Registered

I drove all the EGT cars and the Revolution and never had a double downshift to be fair. But that might just point out that I'm slow as f/&%. Haha. So I can't comment on it. If you haven't changed the mechanical failure setting in-game to something more sensible it might actually be from the update yes... But that's a question Alless has to answere. Sry.

18. Miro

Miro Registered

Yes, the engine is more sensitive to overreving and punishes it earlier than it used to in previous versions, slightly less tho than the initial 2.0 C7.R test release. That was done on purpose to eliminate the overdriving in braking zones on downshifts. We also tested this and made sure that you get away with one or two accidental double shifts as it tends to happen here and there to everybody. So yes, take care of the material it is part of the fun. :)

19. gagipro

gagipro Registered

Fair enough

20. whitmore

whitmore Registered

Can some one help me find the venom rear wing template psd file. I downloaded templates from URD website but the rear wing template is not part of the download.

Searching threads just revealed how the wing psd must be named but I seem to be missing where to find the file.

EDIT Found all Done

Last edited by a moderator: Aug 25, 2016