[REL] EnduranceRacingX EGT by URD Update V2 July 2016!

Discussion in 'Vehicles' started by UnitedRacingDesign, Apr 4, 2013.

1. Rene Yves Jean-charles

Rene Yves Jean-charles Registered

Hi,

Do you believe that we will have the others cars one day ( Huracan GT , R8 GT , Mac Laren 650S , Nissan , Bentley ) etc...?
    Just to know ...

2. UnitedRacingDesign

UnitedRacingDesign Registered

Different series, different class cars. Maybe next year when all GT3 cars will be new ones.

3. StrawmanAndy

StrawmanAndy Registered

Just tested the Corvette out very quickly and straight away the balance feels so much better. It's great fun to drive, and feels more natural but still challenging. Mixing this with the PX cars and it's perfect. Great job URD/Alless, loving the work you are doing now :)

4. RNeves

RNeves Registered

Finally!!! It's frustrating to have to keep repeating things over and over again!!!

Ok, I'll write in the C7.R next time....

5. Markj

Markj Registered

Just updated after skipping the last update and in the quick go I've had very impressed... Even with default setups feels great :)
    Just need to find a league in UK running a single driver champ on a day I can make now, any suggestions?

Sent from my D5803 using Tapatalk

6. kro388th

kro388th Registered

http://www.race2play.com/schedule/show/3016

7. Markj

Markj Registered

8. Wee_Eck

Wee_Eck Registered

Listed files are still 1.95, atm. It'll probably be updated soon and the FKR boys are a great bunch, I can recommend their company Mark.

9. Gergely Baross

Gergely Baross Registered

Tires from 1.95 in characteristics looked similar to the ISI reference Michelin tires. These tires from VEC in 1.97 are might be more balanced but until a point much closer to the unrealistic grip of the old Sprint/Endurance tires. But that's only my opinion.

10. MarcG

MarcG Registered

Thanks Ales, just one thing, it would be nice if Bonnet Cam was on the Bonnet (Arthur Merlin, not tried the others yet)

11. WiZPER

WiZPER Registered

Our VEC tyres are actually based on ISI reference Michelins and have proven to deliver brilliant some racing - and as you say, "too much grip" is a matter of opinion, but they have gotten good feedback by drivers who'd actually know.

12. Lgel

Lgel Registered

Yes Gergely Baross, don't take it as personal attack it is a personal opinion politely expressed to which you are perfectly entitled.
    But a sim has a mathematical model feeded by data. So when we discuss a mathematical model, we should discuss about it with data.
    If we are not able to do this we can argue for years.
    The only data we can easily dispose are top speed, and lap time, if our model has similar lap times and top speed we can infer it is not completly off.

Cheers and have fun racing.

Sample to base an opinion on to much grip for tires:

Based on data that Mr X of real team Y running Darche in WEC has been kind enough to supply to us from the last Siverstone race I adjoin here, we can see that in race trim the real darche was 5 % slower in curves ( mid speed curves, between 120 and 200 km/h) than URD model. The highest G force recorded in cornering in the real car was about 2 g, the model reached 2,1G.

Due to the fact that the sensors that report aero downforce report similar data, we are inclined to think that the cause may reside in the tires, but we can't still eliminate the track in that equation (is the adherence coefficient the same as the real track this day, was the frequency of bumps both longitudinally and laterally on track and on modelled track the same?).
    Etc.

13. fohdeesha

fohdeesha Registered

I was worried the update wouldn't really address the odd handling, but it certainly did. My expectations were exceeded. They feel like real cars again and once more exhibit the lift off oversteer and dancing under power like real endurance cars do.

They're once again very fun to drive and I had a great time doing some laps with a buddy all night. We both agreed about the only thing left to nitpick at is the sounds, some of them are quite distorted and about ten times louder than any other vehicle in the game. Either way great update.

Are we the only ones who noticed the porsche seems incredibly fast? We were a good couple of seconds faster in the porsche than any other car in the pack. it seemed like it would just not let go in the corners and were taking a lot of corners flat out in 6th that the other cars would need to brake for. Either way it was fun to drive!

Last edited by a moderator: Jun 29, 2015
  14. Juergen-BY

Juergen-BY Registered

I don`t know why, but a lot of Simracer guess, that real Car`s haven`t that much grip. But real Driver reporting the opposite...

15. fohdeesha

fohdeesha Registered

I'm a "real driver", and the previous iteration of this mod indeed had too much grip. You cannot exit a second or third gear corner full throttle with no loss of traction in these cars, especially on cold tires, just youtube some laps to see drivers wrestling them out of corners and even dealing with lift off oversteer at decent speeds. Lgel mentioned telemetry data above showing even on this current iteration they have slightly too much grip compared to the real car still, and are slightly faster than they should be. Like I said though, I'll take a 5% margin of error over a 20% one

16. WiZPER

WiZPER Registered

Also remember that in RF2, we have RealRoad and other variables vs. oldtimer, RF1 - so it's really hard to do a 1:1 comparison. And we have several compounds with different grip coefficients, soft S6s will be VERY good and grippy, but only for a limited lap count. And the diffuser also play a part in feel of grip through downforce - is it "correct" ? Who knows...

17. Lgel

Lgel Registered

Please read accurately what I wrote.
    I showed no telemetry data saying to much grip.
    I gave a sample of what arguments would be needed to discuss this kind of topics with some base.
    Cheers.

P.S.

And yes those cars in real life have an incredible amount of grip. Compare lap times at Sebring of LMP or old GT1 (who were already beasts of downforce) of a few years ago to those of current GTE cars. Doesn't mean they are easy to drive at all (fast means reduced reaction time) without killing their tires in a few laps. Races are won or lost because you stop one time less for tires and fuel than oponent in a 24H h race.

Be assured that endurance cars are setup to be as trouble free to drive as possible, no one wants to fight a wild horse in changing conditions for 24 h. You simply don't win races this way.

18. fohdeesha

fohdeesha Registered

Ooh, you might want to reword your original post ;) or maybe it's too early for me to read properly

19. Nitrometh

Nitrometh Registered

Thanks for the update. Great job. I have to agree with juergen. Tires can produce a amazing level of grip if they reach working temperature....it's really hard to imagine.

Gesendet von meinem GT-I9301I mit Tapatalk

20. Marc Collins

Marc Collins Registered

+1