[REL] EnduranceRacingX EGT by URD Update V2 July 2016!

Discussion in 'Vehicles' started by UnitedRacingDesign, Apr 4, 2013.

1. bwana

bwana Registered

Kind of says exactly how I feel about the 2. Interestingly though ,no mention of real road and the effects of being offline in RF2 and AC having grip across the entire track width. A big advancement in sims of any make imho

2. hexagramme

hexagramme Registered

I think it's an interesting and very fair comparison it seems. I haven't tried that mod in AC but his comments about force feedback and feeling makes me think that it's just a general problem in AC.

To me most cars feel like navigating a dead fish around the track. Something is definitely lacking, which is a shame seeing how all the tracks are laser scanned. Such a waste imo.

If Kunos should decide someday to improve their force feedback then I'd probably try out this mod in AC too.

3. GCCRacer

GCCRacer Banned

I'm not a big expert on "good" or "bad" FFB, but what struck me on this video is the visuals. Supposedly AC looks a lot hotter in screenshots than RF2 does, but actual driving here, where I'm sure he's using similar settings and framerates, there nothing too big I'm missing in RF2.

4. hexagramme

hexagramme Registered

I'm glad I'm not the only one feeling that way. I have never really understood what it is rF2 is supposedly missing visually compared to AC. Quite contrary I feel AC' visuals are quite bland and lifeless, especially the tracks. Can't believe how little they've been able to do with so much ultra precise data. Feels like such a waste and it's quite frustrating.

5. bwana

bwana Registered

I agree, although my pc is mid spec at best and not getting the best of either game .On track and driving I prefer RF2 on the better tracks (non conversions)

6. ZeosPantera

ZeosPantera Registered

I think from "in car" rf2 and AC are really close. Only in the selection of trees could you possibly tell them apart. AC gets its ____ sucked because of the screenshots of the cars/tracks in the photo mode.

7. Guimengo

Guimengo Guest

In Silverstone with a top notch "2014 standards" car as well. AC's best track is Monza, other tracks aren't up to the same level although that level is standard throughout the whole thing unlike rF2 where you have to pick very specific content to be comparable. I actually prefer rF2's skies and blue, though AC doesn't have the uneven exposure we get from cockpit to outer cameras.

8. Twista

Twista Registered

Depth of field effects and good shaders can go a long way.

9. GCCRacer

GCCRacer Banned

I guess to be fair in the other direction, a lot of default cockpits in AC kill a lot of default cockpits in RF2. Mostly due to the fact that we still have cars around unchanged from earliest beta times (Clio for example).

But using the good third-party stuff it doesn't matter, and the new ISI content is up there anyway.

10. atlantakat

atlantakat Registered

Hello all. I am hoping someone can help me as I know I must be missing something obvious: I can't install the T5 or the GT mod in rFactor2!

I bought both mods a couple of days ago and downloaded them without incident. I copied both files into my Packages folder just like all the other cars, mods and ISI content but when I run Mod Manager (with all filters selected) within rFactor2, the URD files do not appear. I noted that neither of the URD files had the typical .rfmcp extension, so I added the .rfmcp and .rfmod extensions and still the mods do not appear in Mod Manager. Next I re-downloaded the mods (and confirmed that I downloaded from the rFactor2 link, not the new AC version, or the old rFactor version) and tried the process again with the same results.

I tried to contact URD a couple of times but have not heard back. My working hypothesis is that the download links are screwed up and linking to the rFactor version instead of rFactor2. I guess another possibility is that the files don't install correctly with the current 64-bit build of rFactor2 but that seems highly unlikely.

So any thoughts about the nature of the problem? I look forward to any guesses and proposed fixes!

11. Miro

Miro Registered

You sure you have all this right?

[​IMG]

lol should have made hundret more arrows and black stripes :D

12. Sherwin92

Sherwin92 Registered

"I noted that neither of the URD files had the typical .rfmcp extension"

You might want to try downloading the file(s) trough a different browser, I'm sure that will help :)

13. sporkface

sporkface Registered

Try unpacking the file with 7zip, all the cars should be inside.

14. atlantakat

atlantakat Registered

Thanks Sherwin. MS IE had indeed removed the .exe extension. Re-downloaded with Chrome and all is well.

15. Sherwin92

Sherwin92 Registered

Always glad to help :)

16. jimcarrel

jimcarrel Registered

Possibly you could have just renamed the extension. File is the correct format. just can't be recognized because of the extension name.

17. GTClub_wajdi

GTClub_wajdi Registered

Any update here? Are you too busy with AC and Pcars?:rolleyes: what's about Px1 and Px2 cars?

18. Rich Goodwin

Rich Goodwin Registered

Vec released some screenshots, wajdi, so they're being worked on.

19. GTClub_wajdi

GTClub_wajdi Registered

I know about VEC and I already pre-ordered in their site.

20. cosimo

cosimo Registered

This one?