[REL] EnduranceRacingX EGT by URD Update V2 July 2016!

Discussion in 'Vehicles' started by UnitedRacingDesign, Apr 4, 2013.

1. rob1178

rob1178 Registered

After watching lm24 quali, the lights on the cars seem super bright this year!

Is the lighting a car based thing on rf2, or does the game engine limit how the lights appear on the mod?

2. UnitedRacingDesign

UnitedRacingDesign Registered

THey could be tweaked out more but we have issues at the moment with HDR profiles. They can make lights looking really bad.

3. rob1178

rob1178 Registered

Thanks ales.

I noticed some led strip lighting on, for example, the Ferrari windshield and above the drivers head on the lmp2 cars, are these possible too, or is that not worth it because of the HDR restrictions?

The car number box also lights up these days, are these possible? (Not that I'm being demanding lol just noticing from the session last night!!)

4. UnitedRacingDesign

Ive seen those lights yes but overall im not done with lights for all cars but for now its not really worthed to add anything becase i cant really animate them. First i will wait for ISI to open up those hard coded names so we can upgrade lights and for the flare shaders.

5. rob1178

rob1178 Registered

Great stuff thanks for the info.

I've been driving the new ferruccio a lot and I'm having a lot of fun round Le Mans with it!! Looking forward to the protos!

6. capetuso

capetuso Registered

Yesterday tried to do do some racing, but s2 was still not online and s1 required password. So ended in a practice session in pitlane's server with another guy.
    When got bored of hotlapping only found a race with ISI's bt20 which is also superb.

7. Juergen-BY

Juergen-BY Registered

Hi Ales, just two short questions: is it just me, or is the BOP of these 6 Cars not really balanced? We did a couple of test laps on different tracks and found the Darche and the Ferruccio are much faster than the other cars and the tyre wear seems not really logical?

And... could YOU please explain to me the different classes of this mod? WEGT, EGT_Full, EGT_US.

I ask this above but got only the answer "they`re different cars"

But WHAT is the difference?

Greets,
    Juergen

8. Black Dice

Black Dice Registered

Not sure where to post this so.....

I am having and have always had issues with high wheel lock GT cars. It is very pronounced in this series of cars. I cant turn in any corner with the speeds I feel I should be able to. I guess its understeer but I can never dial it out. Rear comes around because of lack of rotation. I am unable to turn my wheel except slightly and the only way I can make it better is by reducing the wheel lock from 25 to 20. It feels more realistic to me. Now I know some cars like the Porsche GT3 spec cup cars are shipped to the teams with a specific wheel rotation and lock and cannot be changed however with this series of GT cars I believe they can change the lock based on driver and track. ( I could be wrong). Well rambling over. I guess I am just looking for a way to get more on track rotation for turns without a lock change. I have tried many things but I am by no means a setup master.
    Thanks

BTW I am using a CSW set to 900 in config and dont see this issue in other sims.

9. Freddy3792

Freddy3792 Registered

Even 900 degrees within rF2 or do you use the auto per vehicle setting? Try 520 degrees and 25° of lock, that works great for me.

Gesendet von meinem Nexus 5 mit Tapatalk

10. Black Dice

Black Dice Registered

The 900 is in the Fanatec wheel properties so each car DOR is auto set to rF2 car specifics

Thanks

11. Racefreak1976

Racefreak1976 Registered

How does one become a tester for Fanatec? Do you get the hardware for free? Could use a new wheel. ;)

Gesendet von meinem GT-I9003 mit Tapatalk 2

12. UnitedRacingDesign

There is no differente in classes, its just different car packages you can chose to race with.
    Overall the balances still have to be adjusted but we cant run allways full races to test this things and there is the issues with different driver styles and speeds during race that dont give right values to adjust the cars.

13. Juergen-BY

Juergen-BY Registered

Thanks Ales. The problem is, this MOD can`t be used in our season, because of the missbalanced BOP. What was/is the idea behind? I`m not a modder, but i believe, if i create a MOD with different cars, into one class, i would BOP the cars. Everything else wouldn`t make any sense to me? Don`t get me wrong, basicly your MOD is great, but there are a lot of not (yet) done construction zones left.

Back to my other question: "different car packages" means that different skins or what? I don`t want to bother you, but this information is really missing.

14. Freddy3792

Freddy3792 Registered

As far as I know a lot some BOP improvements came with the latest version. Which cars arent balanced in your opinion? We had a competetive qualy session recently and Venom, Corvette, AM, Ferrucio were within less than 2 tenth at Sebring.

We had some BOP adjustments in that leauge, but I think they were implemented in the recent update.

P.S. Darche and Bayro were a bit off due to the drivers not the performance. The Darche was very strong in race pace.

Gesendet von meinem Nexus 5 mit Tapatalk

15. NWDogg

NWDogg Registered

The car classes confused me at first too, when I first saw them. If you are in singleplayer, and go to the Race Settings screen where you can select your opponents, you can choose between these different classes. The only thing it does is give you opponents that are based on that particular series. For example, the EGT_Full will give you opponents from ALL the cars in the mod. The WEC will give you opponents from the cars that race in the WEC series (for example, no Venom in that series). EGT_US appears to me to be the same as EGT_Full, as far as I can tell. The skins are the same, the only difference is the cars you will race against.

If you go into the Race Settings screen, and choose one of these options individually, you can see which cars are included in each 'class'.

16. UnitedRacingDesign

We have few leagues using our mod and nobody has the issues overall, if you have to much tire wear on the front than they should simply take it easy. THose cars are different and they should behave like that to. You cant make front engine using same tyre wear as rear engine car, this is not single cup series ;)

Each car has its own good and bad things and those driving it should take it maybe more easy and smooth, they can still be same fast but adopt the driving style and work on setup.
    Overall the cars match and any car has chance to win a race in right hands with right driving style.

17. jabberwalkie09

jabberwalkie09 Registered

Ales, I have a question regarding the settings that are changeable on the cars. The Porsche's radiator can go all the way up to 6, none of the other cars can do that. Also the Bayro seems to run hot when you push it (I noticed that the car got the oil temp up to 108 celsius I noticed when I was turning laps at Topeka preparing for a league race), the other cars tend to run more normal temps for oil in the 90's. All except the Ferrucio which runs MUCH cooler (don't remember the temps) than the other cars. Also the Merlin has adjustable boost settings while the other cars do not. Was all this intended?

18. Andregee

Andregee Registered

IF you set 900 in the Wheel menu then rfactor uses 900 degress. You have to set Sens off

19. Black Dice

Black Dice Registered

Sens is off
    Thanks

I know how to set up my wheel. Its probably the car setup causing my issue.

20. FlyinFinn2

FlyinFinn2 Registered

Purshased T2 and EGT mods 5 minutes ago, can´t wait to try it out;)