[REL] EnduranceRacingX EGT by URD Update V2 July 2016!

Discussion in 'Vehicles' started by UnitedRacingDesign, Apr 4, 2013.

1. Tosch

Tosch Registered

Ales, the reflections on your cars are very good as they are. The problem is the automated hdr (to high values for S and T-Lum).

2. UnitedRacingDesign

UnitedRacingDesign Registered

I know but im not sure if those values will stay or will be adjusted from ISI and when. The carbody looks to be fine thought only the windows and rims need adjustments

3. alpha-bravo

alpha-bravo Registered

Try it on Tommy's Hockenheim or LeMans or Silverstone or Sebring around 2:00 pm with (this are my settings) light clouds. shadows high to full, track detail high, driver and opponent detail full, texture detail full, x2-x4 anistropic, 6 x AA, road reflection low, enviroment refl off or low, fxaa off, hdr on, particel low, special effects high to full,

I use now always automated hdr.

4. sg333

sg333 Registered

I think the window reflections in picture 3 are perfect, but I have the same issue with all current URD cars that you see in picture 1 and 2, that under some conditions the windows are just BLUE.

edit: I use auto HDR and mostly use Silverstone.

5. Tosch

Tosch Registered

It depends on the time of the day. Best setting is around 9am. At noon the automated hdr has ramped the lighting settings so much up that the reflection map (which I believe is calculated with the same hdr settings) becomes way to bright. I have tested this a lot in devmode and culprit is the ambient light (S-Lum).

6. Hazi

Hazi Registered

I know it´s allready good but I might need a bit more movement possibility forward in the cockpit camera because of my FOV settings and using Nvidia 3D I need to get closer to the windshield - TIA

7. UnitedRacingDesign

Testing alot on different tracks youre right. These automated hdr settings need to be fixed by ISI. They do seem to be far to strong.
    I was trying to get the good settings out now but cant, it looks different from track to track by alot and reflections are not the only thing looking weird. Some other textures not using reflections are bad looking to and completly off from coloring.

I guess ill adjust all my material settings on mills track as default as its the only track sofar in moddev where i can get best values to look right from textures to reflections settings.

8. GCCRacer

GCCRacer Banned

I would say the measure should be that it looks okay with a static HDR profile. Automation is cool but thankfully for many tracks we already have good profiles.

9. Tosch

Tosch Registered

Here is a custom hdr profile for Mills build 660. The values for T-Lum and S-Lum are adjusted to give the best results (in my opinion) for windscreen reflections. I have also activated some bloom. The bloom threshold is adjusted to add some bloom to the brightest specular reflections on the car.
    You have to change the hdr profile ingame, leave the track and restart the session to activate the profile. In devmode just load the profile and deactivate the automation.

View attachment Mills_HDR_Build660V1_Bloom.zip

10. UnitedRacingDesign

thx

11. UnitedRacingDesign

@Tosch what are best values for T-Lum and S-Lum? Asking so i can adjust them quickly in other tracks to test around to.

12. Tosch

Tosch Registered

Here are my noon settings for most tracks including Mills.

13. UnitedRacingDesign

Thank you, the one for mills is great. Where do you have the latest hdr profiles for other tracks? Silverstone, mores and poznan...

14. Tosch

Tosch Registered

Here you go.

View attachment rF2_HDR_profiles.zip

15. UnitedRacingDesign

16. Slamfunk3

Slamfunk3 Registered

Hey Ales,
    Does that mean you won't be optimizing for Auto HDR? Just asking out of curiosity. I've given up on individual profile as I love the lighting consistency Auto offers no matter what track or weather. Having said that, the reflection issues haven't stopped me enjoying your mod with the latest rF builds.
    Great job and looking forward to the Ferrucio.
    TK

17. UnitedRacingDesign

Im just thinking of it actually. I really wonder what is prefered to be used overall in rf2 now, custom shaders or automated ones.

18. GCCRacer

GCCRacer Banned

Seems as I understood Ales saying that Auto isn't consistent enough in reflection values across multiple tracks to be properly optimized for...

I would say Auto is prefered, because a lot of tracks exsist that have no custom profile, or no profile for a specific day/time/weather, so Auto is the one everyone can use. Building and maintaining a library of custom profiles like Tosch is doing is a lot of effort, even if the results are sometimes better.

19. UnitedRacingDesign

Im thinking the same now that most of people do use auto hdr, especially that not all visit the forum here for custom shaders. I just need to ask ISI guys if they plan to adjust those to to lover values or if its going to stay as the values i have to use are very different if i go for custom shader settings or auto.

20. Bjørn

Bjørn Registered

Agreeing with GCCRacer... I even downloaded Tosch' profiles... never got to implement them...
    When rF2 got the automated I found it to be a leap in the nicer-looking direction overall...