[REL] EnduranceRacingX EGT by URD Update V2 July 2016!

Discussion in 'Vehicles' started by UnitedRacingDesign, Apr 4, 2013.

1. Racefreak1976

Racefreak1976 Registered

Unfortunately, I can't go beyond 10 cars at the same time without getting a memory error message. (Nordschleife that is. Haven't really tried any other track) And I've got 16GB of RAM (1.2GB of VRAM)

2. MikeeCZ

MikeeCZ Registered

the app is limited to 2.8 GB, as soon as it exceeds it, it crashes (This is due to app being 32bit). Nordschelife is the most demanding track on memory of all in rF2 to my knowledge. So no wonder with the 10 cars.. with Civics its like 17 max

3. UnitedRacingDesign

UnitedRacingDesign Registered

Not really, i will make this as an option only so its youre choise to if you want/can use it. Default steering wheel texture is ours loaded and if you add a custom skin you can use it and its loaded than only for that car you want it.

4. Robert Gödicke

Robert Gödicke Registered

Yeah, but that's what I mean... When this mod is being run in leagues and you allow custom cockpit/steering wheels, everyone will want to use them and the league admins will have to deal with the problem that people *might* get upset not being allowed to use custom textures. Besides that, people would be somewhat forced to deactivate skin transfer for public races, cause if a lot people join the server with custom cockpits -> bang, client crashes.

5. UnitedRacingDesign

Steering wheel texture now is 1,33mb big and can be halfed to for league packages, not really so much of a differente than. Im not sure now if there is actually a diferent to custom skin loadout on memory or the default ones that is used by 2 cars now.

6. RCRacing

RCRacing Registered

Thanks Ales for reply :)

7. Guimengo

Guimengo Guest

How big would the cockpit dashboard template be? 1024x1024, 2048x1024? It shouldn't cause tooooo much damage.

8. UnitedRacingDesign

If something is going to be paintable in cockpit than only steering wheel. Size of those is now 1024x1024

9. ethone

ethone Registered

That's what many people say about all aspects and you end up with a mess like the Nordschleife.
    Going from 512x512 to 1024x1024 pixels quadruples the memory requirement. From 1024x1024 to 2048x2048 quadruples it again. Textures are two dimensional so it's a quadratic relationship (when keeping aspect ratio).

On a 1920x1080 resolution, when do you ever have the cockpit dashboard so close you could use the whole 1024 pixels from top to bottom? You'd need to be looking at nothing but the dashboard.
    Obviously it depends on the exact layout of the texture, but that's the kind of question you need to be asking when deciding texture size.

10. Guimengo

Guimengo Guest

I gave an example for the size of the file where all textures are, like dashboard, wheel, and other cockpit components, not just for the dashboard itself.

11. vittorio

vittorio Registered

Yes, this is true for now. But when simracers start to race with HMDs like Oculus Rift (and others to come) with positional tracking this isn't true anymore. It's not correct anymore to not render the rear tires on open wheelers (rF2) in cockpit view and to not render the complete back of the car (rF1). Then it's important too where the feets are (not floating 20cm above the pedals like in some URD mods IIRC) and a lot more ... I think it's important to consider this already now because this tech is coming earlier than expected, especially for simracers.

Last edited by a moderator: Apr 4, 2014
  12. McFlex

McFlex Registered

If you are looking on your feets while racing i suggest your doing it wrong :D

Never understand those people complaining about feets not moving :D

13. vittorio

vittorio Registered

You won't even now (with screen tech) look at any button in the cockpit in cockpit view _while racing_. We should remove them all. :)

EDIT: To be more serious. Those inconsistencies are the first you notice when sitting in a car with a VR headset, because somehow the brain believes it is your body. E.g. in the Bayro (other URD EGTs are better) you first notice that your arm at the shoulder is only 2 cm wide, which feels strange. Then you notice that your legs are way to short and not even reach the pedals, strange feeling having childs legs .. You probably won't notice the feets while in the race (except for karts). But everytime you look out of the window in race (when overtaking or getting overtaken) you notice your strange arms even if you don't look at them.

Last edited by a moderator: Apr 5, 2014
  14. jimcarrel

jimcarrel Registered

Oh well, so much for technology, now we all know how deformed we actually are.

15. sg333

sg333 Registered

Anyone testing this with build 629? My regular setups for the Darche are acting very wierd - at Silverstone now when I go to turn in at the first corner the car just snaps around completely and I spin off. I've take this turn hundreds of times with the same setup without issue and this build seems to be messing with something.

Anyone else having issues?

16. C3PO

C3PO Registered

Yippee -- it has been released :)

17. GTClub_wajdi

GTClub_wajdi Registered

It happened to me with the last Build! I have made a very good setup for the Porsche after a lot of laps and work and it was really fantastic to drive, but after the last Build the car behavior was really changed with a tun of understeering!

18. RNeves

RNeves Registered

Any news on the Ferruccio or on the Detroit?? It would be nice to know anything about the state of development of each one (if possible, of course)..

Cheers

19. sn0man

sn0man Registered

Hi all I've been following another thread re league racing etc... I really drive the urd mods exclusively and am wondering if there are any leagues or regular get together that I should know about?? (Sorry if this is posted in the wrong place!)

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

20. MapleHamwich

MapleHamwich Registered

I believe Ales said due to the nature of the previous car releases, and the response, that he wasn't going to release anything about the new cars until they were in a close to finished state.