[REL] EnduranceRacingX EGT by URD Update V2 July 2016!

Discussion in 'Vehicles' started by UnitedRacingDesign, Apr 4, 2013.

1. gniewko

gniewko Registered

All I can say is STUNNING!! Vette and BMW feel great!!! great sounds!!! The best I have heard ...

2. sg333

sg333 Registered

Agree, it's a great driving view. The new ISI Corvette version also has a similar view. Would love to see these cams added to the URD cars :)

3. Miro

Miro Registered

Hmmm, I am still having a hard time to believe the Bayro can compete with the other cars. I mean it's not like you can play out the benefits of the car on any track. If anything you are having a hard time to catch the other cars.
    Could you check this Ales please, I don't know maybe it's still me and the car doesn't fit my driving. However it's always a fight with this car to get the same lap times and not even to talk about being faster somewhere.

4. MikeeCZ

MikeeCZ Registered

i have seen even the fastests with bayro, but it is mistery to me too, it seems to have significantly lower streight speed, i only assume it has better cornering capabilites? What track are u trying it at?

5. Miro

Miro Registered

Sebring, Mid Ohio, LD, Poznan etc.
    Don't ask me for the exact lap times now, I would have to try again to see where I would end up exactly. But say we would have an endu series I never ever would choose this car (I like the car as it is but it just doesn't deliver the times). It's just miles easier to get good laps with the Vette for example than with this car.

On Sebring I've tried yesterday to get under 2.00 and I couldn't but with the Vette as I can remember I was there already. The Porsch is also capable of better times there but on the other hand it should be a Bayro track, right?

6. TJones

TJones Registered

Not long ago, i watched a VLN race on the Nords, the camera was in the cockpit of a Z4. In the corners the Z4 was very competitive, but on the straits, especially the "Döttinger Höhe" the Z4 had an topspeed disadvantage to the Porsche or the Z6.r from up to 30km/h, so he lost a lot of positions there.
    Looks like the Z4 has a power disadvantage to most of the other cars.

7. Miro

Miro Registered

I get what you say, but I can't translate this into the sim car. The thing is I am mostly running the rear wing on the lowest setting to get my best lap times. If I raise the rear wing settings to get better cornering I can't balance the car out anymore, it is just way to understeery then. Maybe there is a way to balance it out then but I can't find it. So the cornering advantage is more or less zero then, just destroying the front tires whilst trying to force it through the corners then. If you wait for the car to balance it self out in the corners (without understeer) it'S way to slow IMO.

If you can tell me how it works better I would really appreciate it, I am not here to bitsch about the car I'd just like it to be competitive.

8. TJones

TJones Registered

Yes with default setup the car understeer's like hell!
    I solved (more or less) this by changing the spring's on both axle, In default setup the spring's at the front axle are a lot stiffer than those of the rear.
    With such a stiff front and soft rear it's not very surprising we get understeer. So what i did, i use nearly the same spring rates on both axes. You can still adjust the frontsplitter/rearwing to balance the car in fast corners. Changes on springs, bars or dampers affect the cars balance over the whole range of corner speed.

Edit: You can try my setup for Silverstone, nothing special but balance should be a little better.

Attached Files:

Last edited by a moderator: Jan 1, 2014
  9. realkman666

realkman666 Registered

The Z4 is always the slowest car in any series. For top speed, I just raise the top gear, and for braking, I raise the power to 100%. It's a good car if you want to fight. It's pretty forgiving.

10. Miro

Miro Registered

Hmmmmm that "feels" fairly similar to what I have meanwhile. But thx, helps a lot, have to play around still.
    But are you as fast with the Bayro as with the other cars at Silverstone?

Edit:

if you add a click more to the front and two or three clicks to the rear down force the setup I posted gets quite fast now lol.
    Well spending time with the car helps also I guess lol.

However, still room for improvement there.

Last edited by a moderator: Jan 1, 2014
  11. TJones

TJones Registered

Hi Mrslfrsl, I took the time to test the cars from Endurance Racing mod, and the Corvette ALMS GT2 from ISI at Silverstone.
    The track was always green at the beginning, however i used 12 AI driver to help me rubber in the track a bit. I like to say neither of the setups where perfect, i just tried to get a somewhat good balance, so there should be some good tenth to gain. I think the fastest lap of each car wasnt such bad, and so i could use them for comparison. For the Bayro i used the setup which i posted already. Just forgot, fuel was always 50l at start.

[table="width: 500"]
    [tr]
    [td]Car[/td]
    [td]Timed laps[/td]
    [td]Best laptime[/td]
    [/tr]
    [tr]
    [td]Bayro[/td]
    [td]5 laps[/td]
    [td]2:03.3[/td]
    [/tr]
    [tr]
    [td]AM[/td]
    [td]7 laps[/td]
    [td]2:03.2[/td]
    [/tr]
    [tr]
    [td]Darche[/td]
    [td]5 laps[/td]
    [td]2:02.2[/td]
    [/tr]
    [tr]
    [td]Corvette C6.r[/td]
    [td]6 laps[/td]
    [td]2:02.2[/td]
    [/tr]
    [tr]
    [td]Venom[/td]
    [td]5 laps[/td]
    [td]2:02.7[/td]
    [/tr]
    [tr]
    [td]Corv. ALMS by ISI[/td]
    [td]5 laps[/td]
    [td]2:06.2[/td]
    [/tr]
    [/table]

Will take a look now in the Bayro setup you posted. :)

12. Kickbox

Kickbox Registered

Hallo TJones,
    teste das doch noch mal mittels der KI.
    Die nutzt zwar andere Reifen, welche jedoch gleich sein dürften.
    Gute Idee eigentlich. Ich mach das mal...

13. TJones

TJones Registered

Please Kickbox, we realy should use english language here. Otherwise we would exclude most part of the community, not very polite. :)

You mean to compare the laptimes of the AI drivers. Not a bad idea, they should be able to drive more constantly than i do. :)

Edit: Wow Mrslfrsl, your setup is a lot better than mine get a 2:01.9 after 2 timed laps with 50l fuel, track rubber maybe a little better than those i posted above.

Edit 2: Qualifying result of the 2013 6 Hours of Silverstone, fastest was a Aston Martin with 2:00.566.
    Reference: http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/2013_6_Hours_of_Silverstone

Last edited by a moderator: Jan 2, 2014
  14. Miro

Miro Registered

I can do a time under 2.00 in Silverstone now with the Bayro. However I am not sure about other tracks again. Which I am looking most to is Sebring.
    I could manage to go under 2.00 there too but I have seen fairly faster times there with other cars but just not with the Bayro.
    But then again can't remember the amount of rubber lol. There is just a lot of stuff to consider when doing those comparisons.
    I have spent now a good amount of time with this car and I am not sure if I just need to spend more time with it on Sebring too to get the most out of it.

I am usually 1 sec of the pace from the aliens so not sure what those guys are able to do with all the cars. It's quite tricky TBH, I would love to drive this car in endurance leagues because I simply like the RL car a lot but then again I don't know if the drawbacks are to big. Makes it interesting to be honest.

For example the Darche is for the most part very competitive on all tracks as the Vette is, haven't checked the other cars really.
    So loosing out on the LE Mans track without any advantages on other cars is just not worth it. I mean of course it's all about fun but being competitive is a part of it somehow. What I do know now is that the Bayro has a fuel consumption advantage to the Vette for example but not sure how much that worth is.

Really tricky all together, would be nice Ales if you could pull out some sort of profile pages for the cars with all the specs and stuff to get a rough overview of the cars without having to test them all through against each other on all tracks lol. Just a small wish here :p.

15. Kickbox

Kickbox Registered

Okay, then i have testet the cars with the AI an the times, what we have are here:

16. GCCRacer

GCCRacer Banned

I don't see how it should compete... unless I'm mistaken, the other cars are GTE class (former GT2) whereas the Bayro is usually a GT3 car. In ALMS rules this might happen, but for example at LeMans there is no Z4 running...

17. Miro

Miro Registered

Doh, I've got told that a few times now and I forgot it every time lol.

18. GCCRacer

GCCRacer Banned

I'm really not sure how different the specifications are between WEC and ALMS, and how Ales created the cars... maybe as some "middle ground"? But yes, that might well explain it.

Ales, I know this is a question no one likes to hear but... is there any time estimate for the AM Cockpit? I still don't regret my 2x purchase, but I really want to get properly going with this, and the one car I actually bought it for is still incomplete...

19. TJones

TJones Registered

@Kickbox - Thanks for your effort, intersting to see AI laptimes from UGT cars are all slower than mine, while the one with the ISI Corv. is faster. This 2:06.2 wasn't really a flawless lap, a lot of sliding with this car. :)

20. Wee_Eck

Wee_Eck Registered

Any and all championships with le Mans in their title, must conform to ACO rules. The Z4 was/is the replacement for the M3 GTR. Its only the basis for the car, and its Z4 title, is all it shares with the GT3 car. The aero allowance is far greater for the GTE/2, the body/chassis modifications allowed are greater in GTE/2. The TUSC series (this is replacing/combining the ALMS and Grand Am) have now renamed the GTE or GT2, class GTLM. All cars in that class must continue to conform to ACO rules for the GTE class. The TUSC series will have both the GT3 body shape and the GTE body shape on track together. Although not exactly the same as SRO/FIA GT3 class, the new GTD class will include the GT3 Z4. The car farthest from the ACO/ALMS/TUSC rules is the Viper, it has two cylinders too many. It was given dispensation by the ACO, to run in the GTE class at le Mans.