[REL] EnduranceRacingX EGT by URD Update V2 July 2016!

Discussion in 'Vehicles' started by UnitedRacingDesign, Apr 4, 2013.

1. Minibull

Minibull Member

Dunno if it's a translator making that post sound really harsh, but he has already said he needs reference from his source guy...so if he cant complete the cockpits to the standards set in the mod so far at this point, then why not work on other things...makes sense to me...take a break and chill out...

2. UnitedRacingDesign

UnitedRacingDesign Registered

How youre mentioning my strategy now is like im putting it half year infront, ive sayed only few weeks later. Its not about how much money i will make with this, its something that i want to finish in good way to and not half done stuff. We have some standarts and we want to stick with those. If that means we get this bit later out fine, it was hard desicion to go this way thought. And no, weekly updates exteriors and 2 week updates for interior. And no, the reference at this stage is far what we need more on some parts.

3. Vistaro

Vistaro Registered

Quality work takes time. It's a positive factor that Ales is not trying to make a quick profit but wants to keep his standards as high as possible.
    When the release comes, what will really count... that the product is very good and not that it was 'done quickly'.

4. CraigT

CraigT Registered

Very well said...

5. NWDogg

NWDogg Registered

While I can somewhat agree with the view that it is frustrating to not have the cars finished yet, I also perfectly understand the reasoning behind it. As was said, quality takes time, and if the creator wants to wait until the reference material comes in, then that is probably what is best. Plus, I am totally psyched to finally get that Italian car in game as it will round out the field for a proper ALMS series.

As a side note, the lack of cockpits in these cars have actually made my driving better. Since I began driving these cars with no visual steering wheel, I realized just how distracting and unnecessary the on-screen wheel really is. Ever since, I've disabled the visual wheel on every car and I've had significant improvements in lap times, car control, spin-recovery, and even FPS. With a finished product, I never would've realized this, so I can appreciate the lack of cockpits for that alone.

One thing I would like to see changed, though, is perhaps moving the cockpit camera a bit towards the right of the cockpit in the Darche. As it is, it feels like I'm sitting against the door, with the A-post blocking a good portion of the view. Not sure if that is intentionally realistic, but if not, would be nice to move that in the meantime.

6. GCCRacer

GCCRacer Banned

Maybe a bit strong words gpfan, I'm not saying that I'm annoyed or angry, but I bought the package basically just to race the AM against the other cars... it's sad that this will take longer, and I hope not too much longer. Okay, at least to get the Italian Car in will complete the endurance set...

7. Fraggon

Fraggon Registered

Indeed. Take your time (but not too long :p) and deliver the great quality you used to deliver! I'm quite happy with it and I can't wait for the Italian car (and ofc the missing cockpits :D)

8. sg333

sg333 Registered

I re-watched the 2013 Sebring 12 hours, and it's amazing to see the cars we already have aswell as hopefully some/all the prototypes coming later. The ability to recreate that whole grid in RF2 would be something special :)

Is the 2nd Darche we are getting the GT3 Cup car from the GTC class?

9. ZeosPantera

ZeosPantera Registered

Nobody who is playing or anticipated rf2 can possibly complain about anyone doing things too slowly.. I am pretty sure rF2 had been announced for 300 years prior to this forums coming about.

10. UnitedRacingDesign

Merry Christmas to all from me and our team!

11. scott420247

scott420247 Registered

Merry Christmas to you and the team Ales.. And thanks for all the hard work you guys put in...

12. Miro

Miro Registered

Merry Christmas folks! Thx for the work done!

If I may sneak in a somewhat cheeky wish today as I am posting. :eek:
    I'd be great Ales if you could build in the visual option for min cockpit GFX like it is now on the Darche or the AM. The reason behind this wish is just for people like me who don't really bother with the GFX of the cockpits, we get double FPS in those cars on any track. If just the seat position is right where it should be and just leave it as is it's great for me. I don't see much of the cockpit anyways cuz of the low FOV so it really doesn't bother me but the FPS boost is really huge.

Somewhat strange a request I know but just think about it please.

13. GTClub_wajdi

GTClub_wajdi Registered

Tonight I tested both the "Z4 gt" from AC and this mod and what I can say?! Ales you have done a very good job with physics and ffb of this specific car! maybe the one from AC is a bit more stable, but they are very similar!
    Ales, can I ask you what is the tires of this car?! are they hard, medium or soft racing tires?!

14. alpha-bravo

alpha-bravo Registered

+1
    I've noticed this behavior also. Not so much FPS difference in my case. Posted it here but ... :
    http://isiforums.net/f/showthread.php/11597-EnduranceRacingX-by-URD?p=231950&highlight=#post231950

15. Hazi

Hazi Registered

+1 on that Low FOV and very far Forward Seat here and an Option as Upgrade with Low
    cockpit would be great

16. o0thx11380o

o0thx11380o Registered

You too, and thanks for making such awesome mods. :)

17. UnitedRacingDesign

I think this with cockpits would be posibile, will check what would be best way.

18. Mini Schnauzer

Mini Schnauzer Registered

Merry Christmas to you, your team and all the general best wishes for these dates.

19. alpha-bravo

alpha-bravo Registered

Nice :) Thx Ales

20. Hazi

Hazi Registered

thank you fort Looking into that and mybe More seatmovement
    movement