[REL] EnduranceRacingX EGT by URD Update V2 July 2016!

Discussion in 'Vehicles' started by UnitedRacingDesign, Apr 4, 2013.

1. Black75

Black75 Registered

Hi Ales, i noticed that engine temperature in AM goes a little too high, even if in the setup the grille is setted to max (3 at the moment) and the rpms are leaved to the default.
    Here i post a vid of a test race on Sebring by Virtua LM, and as it's possible to view, the wole time (after 2 laps, test was made on 24minutes race, video is a sort of highlights) car is smoking ^_^' (jump to minute 04:38):

last night i took part in the real race, and after 9 minutes my engine blown up.... so i wanted to ask, the setup parameters on the engine cooling, are correct and i was just unlucky, or is it something that maybe someone else has noticed you and has already been reported?
    tnx in advance for attention! ;)

Last edited by a moderator: Dec 17, 2013
  2. MikeeCZ

MikeeCZ Registered

my engine in AM blew up and it wasnt even hot (i am not by far the only one), there definetly is some issue there

3. Black75

Black75 Registered

oh.... :( i think i have to change car for the next races...

4. UnitedRacingDesign

UnitedRacingDesign Registered

Will tweak some parameters around that. Btw youre running this big grid without problems, nice :D

i hope ISI will tweak the shadows, especially undershadows that are gone toooo soon.

5. Bjørn

Bjørn Registered

They shouldn't go away really... they should just become really small, the further away the car is

6. Black75

Black75 Registered

many thanks Ales!!! :)

edit: yes a 30 cars grid ;)

Last edited by a moderator: Dec 17, 2013
  7. Steffen_M

Steffen_M Registered

I tested i bit around with the ISI Corvette and the URD Corvette. I write it down here, because in my opinion this depends the other cars, too.

I really like the physics of the URD cars and the tires feel good, but in my opinion it would be nice to feel the power of the car more. I drive without TC and on the ISI car you feel the different TC Levels. The URD feels like TC on highest level if the TC is always off. It would be great to feel the different levels of TC. You have to be very careful with the ISI and TC off, but with same settings you can accelerate out of the corners with the URD too easy.

What are your opinions?

8. marvelharvey

marvelharvey Registered

Yeah, I've been having the same problem, but short shifting seems to be a temporary solution.

9. Black75

Black75 Registered

good info, tnx! i must try :)

10. tjc

tjc Registered

I think a few people feel this about the URD cars. I`d agree, it`s easier to lose the ISI vette than it is the URD one...

11. RJames

RJames Registered

Out of interest has anyone compared the setup's of the two cars. E.g how much wing etc they are using. I found knocking some wing off the URD Vette helped in spicing it up.

12. sg333

sg333 Registered

Doesnt help that the ISI Vette default setup is awful. The URD default is much more neutral out of the box.

13. MoodyB

MoodyB Registered

Yeah, the car undershadow should never disappear.
    The fading out of the realtime car shadows, depending on the distance from the camera, would be more acceptable if the undershadow was always shown.
    Hopefully they'll fix it soon, as it kills watching replays on some tracks.

The latest Vette from ISI is a big improvement over the previous version.
    It's no longer quite as willing to kick the back end out whenever it felt like it. Driving it reminded me of Simbin's GTR1.
    URD's is still a bit more planted though.

14. Tosch

Tosch Registered

In my understanding the under car shadow is part of the car and influenced by the LOD settings (of the car). Is it possible to adjust the lod settings for the shadow to make it visible at longer distances?
    What I figured out by editing the default tv cams for some tracks (Lime Rock for example) is that the LOD multiplier (for tv cams) is pretty low (5.0) and a higher setting gives much better results.

15. MikeeCZ

MikeeCZ Registered

To me that trully sounds like game engine settings more than content settings

16. UnitedRacingDesign

UnitedRacingDesign Registered

Nop, somehow the game has limited undershadow part, there is special one for that and no mather what values you give in, it doesnt make a diferente actually.

17. MapleHamwich

MapleHamwich Registered

That's one of my biggest pet peeves with the state of the graphics right now. Everything else aside, the stupid disappearing and non-existent shadows, even at max settings, make it look horrible.

18. alpha-bravo

alpha-bravo Registered

Hi Ales!
    It's me again with what a surprise the mirror thing :D
    I've tested the mirror settings with ISI car's.
    With the left strg and/or left alt + the seat movement buttons it is possible to change the angle and (not sure but I think it is the) FOV settings of the side mirrors.
    Can you take a look at this function because this function does not work at the moment in the Mod. (tested with the actual URD Vette)

thx alex

19. Kickbox

Kickbox Registered

20. MikeeCZ

MikeeCZ Registered