[REL] Endurance Series rF2

Discussion in 'Vehicles' started by klo-che, May 8, 2015.

1. avenger82

avenger82 Registered

I also noticed significantly less tire squeal sound. Also ISI/S397 cars, like C6R GT2 or Camaro GT3 slide more and I think are more bumpy than GTEs. You can hear squeal each bump, when tire touches asphalt, or losses traction. You can also feel it through FFB in S397 cars. In general for me GTEs are easier to drive than similar ISI/S397 cars. However, I don't know which ones are more realistic (especially S397 Camaro GT3 seems to slide/oversteer too much).
    I don't think the difference is because of new tires, because they are CPMv2 adapted from S397. More likely it's because of different setup (i.e. dampers)

Last edited: May 20, 2018
  2. RNeves

RNeves Registered

The C6R GT2 and Camaro GT3 don't have CPM v2. If I'm not wrong, not even v1.

3. avenger82

avenger82 Registered

I know they don't have CPMv2. I meant that new Endurance Series cars have adapted CPMv2 tires from S397. CPM was introduced in 2015 so I thought most S397 cars have CPM v1 tires, including C6R GT2. Even Apex Modding GT3 mod
    has it.

Last edited: May 20, 2018
  4. Will Mazeo

Will Mazeo Registered

the tires they use is from S397 dev site (those are CPMv2) not from the C6R or Camaro

5. hitm4k3r

hitm4k3r Registered

Now I finaly got around to test the update properly and the fact that I spent hours upon hours with the mod is testament to the job you have done. Despite the problem that was allready mentioned regarding the AI - and I am sure you will get this fixed - it is a pleassure to drive the cars and together with the performance upgrade by S397 it is quite addictive to say the least. Everthing runs butter smooth and I have zero performance issues with my old potato. Something that might be worth considering is to add the visor mod to the open cars, and maybe add the rain drop shader as in the GP3 mod. That would be the icing on the cake for an allmost perfect mod. Where else do you get a field of 43 ELMS cars from one season, and all for free? Thank you very much ;) 365960_20180520183631_1.png

Seven Smiles, Hazi and Vevex like this.
  6. avenger82

avenger82 Registered

I know, that's why I said: "because they are CPMv2 adapted from S397" - I was referring to Enduracers mod. Maybe this part wasn't clear.
    Also as someone pointed out on RD forum, FFB seems weak, lacking when losing grip.

7. Depco

Depco Registered

I have this same problem with our servers in the Mixed-class series we are running using this content. For our regular members it not an issue as they are selecting their preferred car from the cars we have predetermined can be used (GTE and LMP2). But, for other visitors they get a mismatch/car not allowed message if they choose the GTC or P3 content and are booted. I would like for visitors to have a seamless experience when joining our servers and this puts a bit of a hitch in the giddy-up.

8. Stefan_L_01

Stefan_L_01 Registered

What´s wrong with the boost? I tested the RSR in the indy oval (best test track out there) - it confirms what carstat tells you too: you have from boost 1 to 3 an increase of 25% in fuel consumption, but you gain only 2PS. Actually you can see in carstat that torque Drops (how this?) somehow, while PS curve stays almost constant.
    My time gain in full throttle ride around indy oval was only 0.3 seconds (54.15 down to 53.85), with an increase in 25% fuel consumption - and this with 7400rpm only for boost 1, so boost 3 got slightly better power with a bit more rpm anyway... . sry that does not make sense. I think that was off allready in prev. releases. Pls. check, thx
    BR

9. Stefan_L_01

Stefan_L_01 Registered

I Need to add: tested now the RSR in indy oval with low wing Setting and it crashed rf2 3 times. 2 Times in the Corner where the car seems to set up on the road, one time near S/F. Total hangup of rf2 - finito. Reaching higher Speeds of Course and higher rpm. For the Ferrari it does not happen.
    Very strange

10. Jego

Jego Registered

Bumping this, as I have not found a fix for this. Apparently it only happens to me when no one else seems to report such a problem.
    Are those settings saved for each car individually and where can I find the files to delete them.

11. avenger82

avenger82 Registered

I like that the GTE cars have good grip especially in comparison to Camaro GT3, which slides a lot. I think GTE cars from this mod closer to reality. The official Camaro GT3 oversteers and is generally more difficult to drive than other mods (i.e. GT3 World Series, GT3 in other sims like Assetto Corsa)

Last edited: May 23, 2018
  12. avenger82

avenger82 Registered

C6R GT2 has CPM v1 the Camaro probably also, but I may be wrong about this one.

13. avenger82

avenger82 Registered

When looking at changelog from latest release, it really seems to me, that a lot of work was done to improve physics. From what I read graphics always strong point, but the same couldn't be said about physics and handling to say at least. My understanding is that this time Enduracers followed many S397 recommendations to model physics, adapted latest CPM v2 tires etc. Can anyone confirm that now physics are "fixed" and cars handle realistically? In my opinion the latest cars are pretty easy to drive, have good grip and are more forgiving than some other mods(i.e. official Camaro GT3 slides much more). One thing that other peaople pointed out is that it's hard to lock brakes, so you don't have that snap oversteer found in other mods. But I think it's obvious that hard to drive != realistic. It's actually rather the opposite, mainly because drivers often find it's harder to drive in "hardcore" sims than in real life. I know there are other variables that may influence this opinions, but they are quite consistent i.e. in some sims cars seem to have less grip than IRL. So can anyone confirm that handling is more natural/realistic in the latest build? I only raced similar cars in Assetto Corsa and they have comparable handling and grip.

14. Will Mazeo

Will Mazeo Registered

you can go drive and have your own opinion about it... I mean what is the point of someone else telling that to you? If I say here this is the most realistic mod ever does it become instant truth? lol

Last edited: May 24, 2018
    Emery and philmcqueen like this.
  15. avenger82

avenger82 Registered

OK but what if someone actually raced these cars IRL like Nicki Thiim or this guy did (comparison for GT3):

Or maybe someone seen some videos that directly compares a car from this mod to a real car on the same track?
    Maybe even someone compared handling with a realistic car in other sim (that in turn was highly graded by real drivers)?
    Maybe they used real telemetry data to tune physics?
    Maybe the physics changes aren't that significant or are wrongly calculated, with fundamentally wrong approach, use wrong or guessed input data etc., thus they can't produce correct result?

In the past many people said the physics of the cars in this mod are broken. Now I'm interested if opinions are different after all the changes.
    I already stated my feeling about the mod, but still seekingfor some insights.

Last edited: May 25, 2018
  16. Will Mazeo

Will Mazeo Registered

Ask them to review the cars then? I doubt they read the forums but they read Twitter and their own YT channels. :)
    Someone will always say something is broken, especially the ones with god of physics complex, dont take them too seriously. You seem to be expecting too much from a mod even if in theory customer cars are easier to get data. And anyway just because the handling is close does not mean it's real from a data PoV. So too many variables, click Drive and if you like them have fun :D

17. Andregee

Andregee Registered

I have nearly the same performance problems with this lmp2 cars which i testet, like with the GT3 pack vom S397. The GPU load is much higher than with other content. Driving in VR with rain is nearly impossible and i speak from using only 45fps with ASW.

18. Stefan_L_01

Stefan_L_01 Registered

I have to Report a Bug with the BMW. I used Default Setup and lowered pressure to 170 (as usual in rf2, set lowest). From a specific Speed on, the front tire pressure "explodes". With 170 Pressure the threshold seems to be 260km/h approx. With 175 (rears running at 170) I take me 267 (limiter) for some seconds. Tire temps do not raise.
    I observed it first in the indy oval, strangely only for the inner left front. Then I went to Monza Historic (Long straight), and there it happened for both. Just get out of the box, easy around T1, and full throttle on the backstraight.
    It does not happen for the C7 as far as I can say for the Moment. Other cars not tested
    Pls. have a look into
    thx
    Stefan

EDIT: Ferrari and Aston Martin is affected too. Porsche (Cup, RSR) and C7 do not Show bug for me

Attached Files:

Last edited: May 27, 2018
  19. fsuarez79

fsuarez79 Registered

Same as Tom.
    I think car handling is more believable now than last time I tried the mod (about a year ago) but in terms of FFB I also think tire feel is missing and not at par with official content and other mods out there. Still appreciate the effort to bring free content.
    Cheers

bears likes this.
  20. Radek Sirc

Radek Sirc Registered

Confirmed!!
    We have prepared race in Le Mans with this mod on our server. People has begun to report crashes of rFactor2 almost immediately after beginning of their testing, with Corvette and Porsche GTE. Always at the point of the top speed - just before Playstation Chicane. The scenario is always the same. Freezing the game, weird and unbelievable values are shown in the HUD (for example tires temperature something like -2133543133213) and then rFactor has to be switched off via Task Manager in Windows. So I decided to test Corvette on the other track - Atlanta speedway circuit, where it is possible to reach maximal speed. After two laps in 280 km/h the bug appeared, so I can exclude, that the bug is related with concrete track and I can confirm, it´s only fault of this mod, at least in the case of Porsche RSR and Vette. But in this moment I don´t believe to whole GTE part of this mod (weird behavior of BMW tires reported in one of the previous posts and so on).

I know it´s non paid mod. But I don´t understand, how is possible that so renowned modding group like Enduracers can release the mod with so fatal bug! No one tested it?? In this moment this mod without fixing this huge bug is completely useless for multiclass racing especially on tracks with high top speed.