Endurance Pack Synchronisation Problem

Discussion in 'Technical & Support' started by goon, Feb 22, 2019.

1. goon

goon Registered

Hi All,
    I purchased the Endurance pack earlier in the week. I have a problem when starting rFactor 2 now. Every time I do so in 'auto synchronises' the workshop, and verifies, downloads and install the cars, twice.

The individual cars appear twice in the inventory, and I've tried unsubscribing them, then running rFactor, but it 'auto synchronises' to the workshop and adds them straight back.

Is this an rFactor problem, or an issue I should approach Steam with?

Many thanks for any help.

2. davehenrie

davehenrie Registered

rfactor often has two versions of the cars. Think of one as the base model and updates are placed on the second.
    rF2 synchronizes EVERY SINGLE Freakin' TIME you boot it, whether changes have been made or not. Deleting what you assume are duplicate files is just forcing Steam to re-download them. So no problem other than you have to let Steam and rF2 do what they do. Some users have had issues with the purchased cars not showing up for use. That can be fixed, usually, by unsubscribing and then exiting Steam. Steam will re-subscribe next time you load up, but use this method only if one of your cars will not appear in the rF2 menus. Once you get into rF2, you should only see one version of each car, and hopefully it is the most current.
    Best of Luck.... enjoy!
    rF2 is currently undergoing a graphic update, that so far is only applied to the latest 3 DLC packs. There have been a few hiccups but hopefully those will be sorted soon.

3. goon

goon Registered

Thanks for your answer. I think I perhaps I wasn't clear. rF2 redownloads and installs each car twice, every time I start, regardless of whether I have unsubscribed or not. I can use the sim, make no changes whatsoever, and the next time I start it will redownload and install the cars.