Endurance Pack Crazy

Discussion in 'General Discussion' started by joaocs_web, Jun 16, 2018.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. AMillward

AMillward Registered

Two weeks? I make the same set last three months.

mesfigas likes this.
  2. mesfigas

mesfigas Registered

depends the sweat of the player
    different player different sweat produce from body
    we are what we eat
    also some people sweat is almost toxic haha
    strings at summer wont last long

3. Coutie

Coutie Moderator Staff Member

Because they sell millions of them, and they don't cost a lot to make. This is a niche product, and the developers need to make money to continue supporting the game. If they were going to sell a million endurance packs, then they could probably set the price lower, but they aren't.

Depco, Travis, Nielsen and 3 others like this.
  4. mesfigas

mesfigas Registered

we chat for the crazy endurance pack not the one that recently made by s397

5. AMillward

AMillward Registered

Supply and demand, which is why airline tickets are much lower during school holidays.

6. Comante

Comante Registered

Now I understand why Xenomorphs are never seen playing guitar. :D:D

7. filippu

filippu Registered

Well, tell them to first, improve the product, then try to attract more players, then finally sell completed DLC at a decent price. You would think they'd understood by now that they won't attract players (and their money) with their WIP DLC on a bugged WIP sim, but nope.

By your logic, since Toyota sells a lot and Lada not so much, Lada should sell their cars 2 or 3 times more expensive than Toyota ?

Last edited: Jun 18, 2018
    Louis and UsedMomo like this.
  8. ADSTA

ADSTA Registered

Can you show me one pc racing sim that doesn't have bugs and flawed content?
    I'd love to see the tantrums you would have at iRacing.
    Your whinging doesn't help anyone or improve anything. :rolleyes:

bluet and aguy0523 like this.
  9. Tuttle

Tuttle Technical Art Director - Env Lead

Then don’t buy. Easy.

Said that, I am tired of your continous complaining about basically everything. Since looks like you know better than anyone else, about basically any possible topic, I am sure you have plenty of better activities to do, and services to offer, than whining over here.

Take this as a first warning, and do not reply. There'll be not a second warning, just a ban.

JimmyT, Depco, bluet and 15 others like this.
  10. Jeferson Richart

Jeferson Richart Registered

I am also from Brazil and the problem really is the government and the devaluation of our currency; and of course our annual income below the more developed countries.
    The S397 puts the value in Euro and we suffer a direct conversion to the Real, which for us is more expensive in proportion to our income than to other countries.
    The game does not have a direct conversion of values by a Steam policy, which favors us in the purchase of games. But DLCs do not go into this policy, making DLC more expensive than gaming.
    We are harmed on one side but benefited on another. I bought the GT package and will buy the Endurance anyway.

JimmyT, mesfigas and bwana like this.
  11. AMillward

AMillward Registered

Everybody pays the same by the looks of it. But how expensive is it for other 'developing' countries like India?

12. Jra

Jra Registered

I dont know how Steam exchange rate works, but the price here in Brazil is really weird. In Euros you pay 30 for the game and 15 for the DLC. Here you pay 62 for the game and 65 for the DLC.

13. marvelharvey

marvelharvey Registered

I think games (and maybe DLC?) have localised prices but 'Items' are sold at one worldwide price.

bluet and Jeferson Richart like this.
  14. bwana

bwana Registered

Thanks for the explanation , I’ve seen it written before and wasn’t aware of the value steam pit on the games being different to global currency conversion

Jeferson Richart likes this.
  15. AMillward

AMillward Registered

A guy who is subscribed to my YouTube channel said that in Turkish Lira the DLC is three times the price of vanilla Assetto Corsa.

In game items never go on sale, so they're always a direct conversion of Euros to whatever currency that is. Which is fine if your currency/economy is 'strong' like the Pound, USD, AUD, CND or NZD but in places like Brazil, Turkey, India, South Africa it's going to be expensive.

bwana likes this.
  16. ECAR_Tracks

ECAR_Tracks Registered

Actually it's not government's fault but the economy itself. There's presidential elections this in year in Brazil and the candidates are a load of shit, plus the truck drivers strike (blackmail organized by truck companies) make the dollar rocket up. Bad times.

17. 2ndLastJedi

2ndLastJedi Registered

$18 is about one hour minimum wage in Australia or at least it was when I checked 2 years ago , lol

18. Will Mazeo

Will Mazeo Registered

Wrong.
    Brazilian economy is strongly regulated, on avg a company spend close to 2000 hours per year dealing with govt stuff (to give you an idea, the second place is Bolivia and there they spend 1000 hours), for every 200 workers 1 is in the accounting area, in US this proportion is 1 in every 1000 and Europe 1 in 500. Taxes are ridiculous high to cover even more ridiculous govt spendings (tons of public workers, social programs and many events that should be private like music shows are done by govt, they spend money building stuff in other countries, politicians and people in the justice system have ridiculous salaries and other benefits, etc) you can easily pay up to 100% tax on some products because there is tax over tax here and as one of them can go up to 30% the total value goes up very fast..
    There is some ridiculous regulations like people that make alcohol (for fuel) cant sell it direct to the gas station (they now finally seem to have taken it down), Petrobras (state company) control the prices of the fuel in the whole country, govt had to let them free to adjust the price after the biggest corruption case was made public so the company could get some money back and then people confused this with "free market", but then funny enough in countries where Petrobras fight free market they sell gas for half of the price (or less) LOL
    Truck drivers strike was fair at first, no matter who started it, after a while the far left parties (here 99% of elected politicians are left wing anyway, just now we are seeing some righ wing people trying to do something) tried to take control but they failed. The way the problem was "solved" will just make another one in the future -_-"
    So yeah... it's govt fault. 30 years ago you spent 60 days of work to pay tax, now it's almost half a year. They never gave time to economy by itself to make a crisis (well... every economic crisis around the world started with a govt intervention anyway...), they always make something stupid then blame free market. Like in the energy area, before 2014 elections our president trying to get votes made a huge loan to the companies in the area to drop the price of it... but it's a loan duh! When the time came for them to pay the price went higher than it was before obviously.
    And these are just the most obvious example, there is so much more stupid stuff that govt control.
    Lucky, very lucky, we dont seem to pay tax on Steam, if a politician find out we are done with games lol
    I know some business owners that take a sallary from their business and the total tax they pay (from the company) is 30 times more than that
    Tho to see a Brazilian not aware of this is not a surprise. Most are just a bunch of usefull.... well, you get it. Nuff said.

Last edited: Jun 22, 2018
  19. mesfigas

mesfigas Registered

it is very sad mate
    when i used to buy tracks from iracing shop i used to pay a small tax cause i leave in greece
    damn economy holes makes evil stronger

20. AMillward

AMillward Registered

We pay 20% on everything we buy in the UK.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.