Endurace cars idea

Discussion in 'Wish Lists' started by erosshd, Feb 13, 2018.

Tags:
?

Do you like the idea?

1. yes

8 vote(s)
    88.9%
  2. no

1 vote(s)
    11.1%
  1. erosshd

erosshd Registered

Hi, could be so much cool to add this blue ligth (in this case) to the car when you put the ligths on, this looks so good in nigth and in my opinion could be nice to add this to the official cars released on the game wich participate in endurace races and they got it in real life. Hope you like this idea too =D[​IMG]

2. AMillward

AMillward Registered

Isn't red light supposed to be easier to see in? That's what I was led to believe when I was a sound engineer.

3. erosshd

erosshd Registered

no idea to be honest

4. davehenrie

davehenrie Registered

red light was the traditional low light illumination. Check any old submarine movie and you will see the lights change to red in battle conditions. Green seems to be the choice for low light enhancement via goggles used by the military of the world. But if you watch endurance racing, probably best seen in Rolex 24hr videos because of the closed confines of the track, you will see cars with blue/red/or green lights. Some place them infront of the driver and other teams put the light so it shines from over the shoulder. I don't know the benefits of either method.

AMillward and erosshd like this.
  5. AMillward

AMillward Registered

When I worked the sound desks for shows at uni I wore a red light head torch. It was less distracting for the performers, helped me see and didn't show up on the night vision camera that was used to determine when the performers were in position and we could bring the lights up.

Guess it's down to the person and the job.

6. MarcG

MarcG Registered

Red Light helps with pupil dilation (or something), Astronomers often have a Red Light/Torch when changing gear around so that when they look through the eyepiece their sight isn't "blinded" like what a White Light would do, it means they can see objects straight away without having to wait for the Eye to readjust to the darkness. I use a head mounted Red Light torch for my Astronomy viewing, works a treat.

But yeah...more life like, blue light would be great in VR :)

7. Wanderer

Wanderer Registered

I may be wrong, but blue light keeps you concentrated caused by the ratio of blue light in the sunlight so maybe it makes sense for night conditions in real life.
    Would look nice in game, especially with the light-system becomes better and better in rFactor.

8. Alexandr Meshkov

Alexandr Meshkov Registered

Smart rearview screen of this car is more interesting thing I suppose :)

9. Flaux

Flaux Registered

what u see is black light and its soley purpose is to illuminate the switches in the car.

10. davehenrie

davehenrie Registered

The Norma LMP3 would be a perfect place for the team to try it out.... (do the LMP3's race at night?)

11. Will Mazeo

Will Mazeo Registered

Agree, would like to see the TC/ABS leds as well, in the AMG GT3 is pretty cool the rpm leds go blue when the ABS is working