ENBseries rFactor 2

Discussion in 'Other' started by Yarach, May 13, 2012.

1. Yarach

Yarach Registered

Hi all,

so I was testing my ENB setup in rFactor 1, when I suddenly realized it has the same gaming engine as rFactor 2.
    So I tried ENBseries out on rFactor 2. And what do you think?.... IT WORKED!

So my enbseries.ini adds a bit more color, bloom and a bit more shadow. Experience the ultimate rFactor 2!

View attachment 2377
    View attachment 2379
    View attachment 2380
    View attachment 2381

https://skydrive.live.com/redir.aspx?cid=5555861cf3580352&resid=5555861CF3580352!255&parid=5555861CF3580352!116&authkey=!ALjjfx4Oz5_IJ_I (Proper Settings and files)

THIS MOD IS NOT AVAILABLE DUE TO HDR BEING ENABLED IN THE NEW VERSION OF RFACTOR 2

Add all the files to: rFactor2/Core folder

Enable the settings by pressing Shift+F12

Last edited by a moderator: Mar 11, 2013
  2. Tuttle

Tuttle Technical Art Director - Env Lead

Doesnt work for me. I saw it creates the ENBseries.ini...but I can't see any FX.

3. modmate

modmate Registered

Press Shift + F12 Ingame and Shout heeeeeelp..:D

That need some proper setting to work anywhere near reality. Also we need you rfactor 2 graphic settings aswell .
    And since i guess it shouldnt look like that i find a clue, you may upload the enbseries.ini aswell.:rolleyes:
    The config file is the wrong one and it looks horrible.

Greets

Last edited by a moderator: May 13, 2012
  4. Tuttle

Doesnt work in any way. I know well the ENB plugin and shortcuts settings...but do not work. Maybe I think it needs some specific settings on graphics to works. :)

PS: I've tried a lot of my past ENBseries.ini files...but nothing.

5. modmate

modmate Registered

Disable FXAA and HDR, i also got road and environment reflections of.

6. Tuttle

Thanks, now it works. :)

BTW, I've to say I prefere to stay on HDR/FXAA. The cost in terms of lighting quality, turning off the HDR, and FX Antialising with FXAA off... is too high imho...:)

7. TiTaN

TiTaN Registered

yeah I dont like it too, it reminds me of many hours I spend searching for a not so bad enb settings and still get that "always there effect" like fog, not crisp image. thx anyway!

8. modmate

modmate Registered

True, but since thats not what he was showing us in his screenshots we need to wait what it look like. The enbseries.ini is needed for sure here, hope he is fixin that soon.
    For my likin the HDR and the FXAA are not well optimized. The hdr needs to get profiles finally and the fxaa you could do way better with the FXAA injector. Its all a bit "too much" in my eyes. But yes, without HDR and fxaa the game looks a bit "greyish" but also more sharp and defined with HD resolution. Therefore the idea of enb series isnt that bad, done alot for gta4, maybe i will also have a look at it again.

9. TiTaN

TiTaN Registered

yeah, I just hope when HDR fully developed its so good that we forget about external plugins! Go ISI

10. Tuttle

..agreed..and we've to remember that bloom FX (that I do not like too much just because isnt realistic...) will be available in the final game.

11. Yarach

Yarach Registered

I have HDR and FXAA enabled in my rFactor settings. It works fine for me. I will fix the .ini tomorrow

EDIT: Fixed it now

12. FONismo

FONismo Registered

I have not tried it in rF2 as i always hated it in rF1. Just from them screens above it doesn't look to improve the IQ IMO, in fact i think it degrades the IQ. It's like someone has smothered the screen with Vasaline.

13. taufikp

taufikp Registered

I couldn't use ENBSeries, FXAA Tools, or SMAA Tools injectors with rFactor1 or rFactor2 whenever internal AA is turned on or when HDR/FXAA is turned on. How come you can use these DX9 injectors with HDR and FXAA? Is there setting that I need to change?

14. Yarach

Yarach Registered

That is a good question there.
    My Post FX settings is like this:

Anti Alias: Level 1
    Refresh Rate: 60Hz
    Sync: Video
    FXAA: on, although no difference is seen when turned "off" as rFactor 2 still does not havy any "FX" as bloom or 3D smoke.
    HDR: on

I am uploading a video to YouTube right now showing how it looks like when gaming.
    Keep in mind it looks darker than in the screenshots because Fraps makes my contrast higher for some reason.

15. Yarach

Yarach Registered

That is due the low quality Post FX engine. Otherwise the frame drop would be too big. But it is not really a problem in my opinion

16. Yarach

Yarach Registered

It would be awesome if ISI added these effects. The quality would be way better along with the game performance!

17. Tuttle

Actually FXAA works fine on trees, adding an extra smoothing on aplha channel.

Bloom FX will be implemented in the HDR chain soon and it's already present on the devmode..although deactivated. :)

18. Yarach

Yarach Registered

Okay, good to know! I never actually noticed the FXAA.

19. Tuttle

You're right sorry. I was confused with the PostFX option that adds more smoothing on alpha channels..:)

20. modmate

modmate Registered

Its still looking very bad. You need some edits there mate, some major one. With HDR enabled its gettin worse.

View attachment 2386

Last edited by a moderator: May 14, 2012