empty servers

Discussion in 'General Discussion' started by scottishHERO, Feb 25, 2013.

1. Nand Gate

Nand Gate Banned

Wow. New update released, and still only 2 drivers online. However I think this is the lowest time in the daily cycle.

2. ozspeedfreak

ozspeedfreak Registered

I think you're right there. This was at 8.00am ACST View attachment 6489

3. smithaz

smithaz Registered

How many people play rF1 at the busiest time?
    I recently redeemed a free trial on iracing and have seen 4000 people online, although I suspect not all are on track. rF2 seems to get about 100 people when it is busy.

4. rene-xmg

rene-xmg Registered

3 times clio in the top 4!
    something is going wrong lol

5. Jim Beam

Jim Beam Registered

6. Bill Paradise

Bill Paradise Registered

A few years ago I fired up an RFactor1 server on my laptop just to see if it would work.

Since the laptop was wireless connected I had to limit the number of players.

But they came and we had fun (or at least that's how I remember it).

The point being "If you build it, they will come".

What to build is something popular to many.

An easy to drive car such as Renault Megane and easy to drive tracks is the key. Allowing driving aids is also a plus. The Pros all go to private passworded servers.

I'm thinking of renting a server and running the Corvette on some simple courses such as Lime Rock Park (without chicanes) and a few other tracks, and allowing all driving aids.

I think such a server would draw a crowd. The less skilled drivers (like myself) should like that.

If enough people are interested in a "noobie friendly" server let me know, I'll put this thing together.

7. kotakotakota

kotakotakota Registered

A newbie server would be absolutely great! :D I would definitely be up for it. :)

8. Bill Paradise

Bill Paradise Registered

I sent an email to NRT to see if they support build 156.

I can easily afford the money for a 1 month trial to see how it goes as long as it's not too hard to set up.

Maybe an NRT person will chime in.

9. smithaz

smithaz Registered

What do you mean by this, trying to be funny? Seriously though I am interested in how many players are online at any one time on rFactor1 these days. rFactor 2 has had the same regular players and around 100 max at any one time for a few months now, I am wondering how popular it might get in future.

10. Bill Paradise

Bill Paradise Registered

He may have meant it simply as a "+1" thing.

11. Bill Paradise

Bill Paradise Registered

NRT has responded quite quickly to me.

That's always a good thing.

Perhaps a newbie server is even closer.

12. Br0nX

Br0nX Registered

I've been trying to get my sever populated but with no luck. Anyone have tips like whats the best tracks and cars people like to race let me know I will gladly run it. I see a lot of ppl on the forums but not online.

Server name : 7 Lap race

13. Denstjiro

Denstjiro Registered

In Beta my guess is going for ISI-default might be the way to go. you would want to make it as easy as possible and instant-acces looks to me the best option.

14. Denstjiro

Denstjiro Registered

Dunno the rf1 numbers but our league alone is good for 30+ each sunday and most of them practising online every week.
    Since there are loads of leagues and communities out there i think the numbers are reasonable if not healthy.

Keep in mind the rf1 sever browser is not allways getting the latest updates, many servers dont show, or only show after a refresh, at which point other servers dissapear from the list.
    And i suspect a few leagues simply dont use racecast but direct IP. and they will never show.

15. kotakotakota

kotakotakota Registered

That sounds excellent! :D This will hopefully be the thing to push me into online racing ;)

16. TIG_green

TIG_green Registered

Guys, no need to compete :D

I already have a newbie server called RookiesNight_WSu. It's all about easy access and fun racing. Some driving aids are allowed. We drive every Wednesday and Sunday evening at 20.00-22.00 GMT+2.

Check it out:

http://isiforums.net/f/showthread.p...nd-Sunday-evening-racing-at-20-00-22-00-GMT-2

Would be unfortunate if newbies would scatter around to many servers. What time have you planned to race?

17. kotakotakota

kotakotakota Registered

Excellent, I may join tomorrow!

Edit: Actually, now that I think about it, probably not... I have a big exam on Monday..

18. TIG_green

TIG_green Registered

Good to hear :) See the latest post (post #16) in that thread for more info concerning tommorrow's session.

19. D.Painter

D.Painter Registered

Australia is 9:0 hours ahead of Finland
    That means when it is 8:00 am in Helsinki Finland, it is 5:00 pm in Canberra Australia. 7:00 pm W.A. GMT+8

Good idea to have less servers so to keep them full but as you can see, this one want work for all of us. Maybe another 2 or 3 wouldn't hurt as long as their in different time zones.

20. TIG_green

TIG_green Registered

Yeah I fully understand. Timezones are a big problem when trying to create some leagues or regular private racing. Hope everyone finds some place to race that suits them :)