Electric Motor Map (control) not working… …and reported motor talk in DAMPlugin…

Discussion in 'Car Modding' started by MileSeven, May 20, 2023.

1. MileSeven

MileSeven Registered

@Lazza - not sure if this is an issue with the data feed - or the actual electric motor map control… …or my understanding of the motor.ini definition…

I’ve just updated the DAMPlugin so that I can dig into my electric motor enhanced engine…

Firstly, the reported electric motor torque values do not appear to change with the in-car setting. I’ve tried a 3-stage (0.5, 0.25, 3) map and a six-stage (0, 0.2, 6) map (defined in the motor.ini) and expected the output torque to scale depending on the map - in the same way that the Regen does (and that *does* report as expected in Motec…). It doesn’t seem to - I seem to get the same output torque regardless of the map setting…

Secondly, whereas the output of the Regen torque seems to scale (so at a given RPM, the motor torque is reported as the RegenTorque figure scaled by the chosen Regen map setting), under deployment, the motor torque doesn’t… From memory, at 7500RPM, my motor.ini defines the deployment torque as 116Nm - but Motec sees this as around 85Nm…

The motor gear ratio is 1:1 (I.e. running at engine speed) - is my ‘max energy deployment’ figure too low to deliver the potential torque perhaps?

2. Robin Pansar

Robin Pansar Member

The DAMPlugin seems to put out the correct value for me, so definitely nothing wrong there.

Have you taken the efficiency LUT into account? This could definitely be the answer for you getting a lower value than what you expect.