Edit track x FPS

Discussion in 'Track Modding' started by darcidm, Apr 13, 2018.

1. darcidm

darcidm Registered

Hello!

I'm updating advertising boards from a track for 2018 and adding some new ones.
    Should I group multiple objects or list individual objects for better performance?

2. Lazza

Lazza Registered

It will probably make no difference. I've added literally 1200 collision objects to a track before (which itself had the corresponding 1200 graphical objects, plus many hundreds more objects I didn't need to make collidable - conversions from other games can be messy) and performance wasn't changed from other tracks. Due to a bug with the mas tool not liking more than around 2500 items in a single mas I've had to have 2 or even 3 mas files for all the gmts, and there were no issues. In the rF1 days you even had to avoid large collidable objects because they would cause lag online, and large (in area) objects can mess up the lodin/lodout optimization. So just leave them separate.

It's probably a good idea to combine multiple signs on a single DDS where resolution allows, but not sure it would make a noticeable difference.

darcidm likes this.