Dynamic setup values in the garage

Discussion in 'Wish Lists' started by thuGG, Feb 9, 2012.

1. thuGG

thuGG Registered

It would be nice to have dynamic calculations of various setup values in the garage (like in iRacing).

For example if I change the spring stiffness or tyre pressure, I would like to see the updated value for ride height.

Ride height is a different matter altogether, because in real life it changes depending on tyre pressures, springs, camber and so on.

In rF(2) I can change ride height from the setup screen but this is pretty much artificial. What exactly do I change with ride height option? Mounting points for the suspension? I don't know.

Last edited by a moderator: Feb 9, 2012
    zaphman likes this.
  2. patryksok.

patryksok. Registered

Dynamic setup panel would be useful. We dont need to watch at telemetry all the time :p

3. feels3

feels3 Member Staff Member

4. jtbo

jtbo Registered

You are setting ride height, how much distance there is between reference plane and ground, then spring lengths are adjusted so that with your chosen spring rate you get your chosen ride height. I would prefer approach that is closer to reality too, spring preload would then be needed and with coil overs that is then what you can use to set rideheight right with different springs. Also spring lenght would be something that would need to be set.

I'm now finding issues where wheel travel is changed with spring settings, while I could maintain travel in reality.

However I doubt that it will be changed as it is chosen way, but I indeed would like to see more real world influence in this.

5. TJones

TJones Registered

Second that, NetkarPro shows how it could be done. Furthermore i would add some displays, who show such things like rideheight or push/rebound travel left of dampers, things who are already viewable on a real car.

6. dragon

dragon Registered

7. Marek Lesniak

Marek Lesniak Car Team Staff Member

As few of us said already in previous "wish lists", such advanced suspension setup could be as an alternative to what we have right now. Why?
    Because rFactor is a modding platform for community. Not many might have enough data to correctly implement all dependencies for a particular car suspension, so there have to be "simplier" way (the one we have now in rF/rF 2).