DX11 screenshots

Discussion in 'Technical & Support' started by Emery, Jun 10, 2017.

1. Emery

Emery Registered

> - Switched rFactor 2 screenshot function to Steam screenshot.

Can someone explain how to take the screenshots and where to find them? So far, if I press F12 for screenshot, nothing happens. In DX9, you get a notification that screenshot has been saved.

2. McNolo

McNolo Registered

Screenshots don't works for me in DX11, I use Fraps.

3. Guimengo

Guimengo Guest

You can open Steam's overlay, click on View, and then Screenshots. There you can find rF2's folder.

4. JohnB

JohnB Registered

Just in case anyone else (like me) isn't very familiar with Steam, here's a couple of notes from when I worked out how to create screenshots in DX11/Steam yesterday.

First make sure that the Steam Overlay is enabled (mine wasn't, I'd probably disabled it when first installing Steam) - In the Steam menus, go to View -> Settings -> In-Game, and make sure that 'Enable the Steam Overlay while in-game' is ticked. When it's set, you should see a popup message appear at the bottom-right of screen just after starting the game saying that you can press Shift+Tab to bring up the Overlay. (This is on a normal monitor, I'm not sure how/where the popup shows up in VR.)

After that F12 in game should take screenshots as normal.

These don't go into the rFactor 2 Screenshots folder now though, they go into a folder in Steam. You can see them either through the Steam Overlay or from the Steam menus View -> Screenshots. In there there are options to upload them to the Steam area on the internet for sharing, or there's a button 'Show on Disk' which will open the Windows folder containing the screenshot .jpg files.