DX11 Open Beta Bugs/Problems Reports and Fixes

Discussion in 'Technical & Support' started by DaVeX, May 2, 2017.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. DaVeX

DaVeX Registered

Track & Layout Used: none
    Car Used: Howston G4/G6
    Applicable Settings: doesn't matter
    Bug Report: "installed DX11 beta and re-subscribed both the Howston G4 and G6 vehicles, returned to the DX9 install both the car aren't available. Unsubscribing and re-subscribing under DX9 doesn't fix the problem."
    Steps to reproduce: as reported
    System Specs: N/A

Thanks @jimagn for report: https://forum.studio-397.com/index.php?threads/howston-g4-and-g6-in-dx11-and-dx9.55313/

Last edited: May 3, 2017
  2. DaVeX

DaVeX Registered

3. pinkimo

pinkimo Registered

I've noticed the same thing on DX9, so it's kind of an issue, but probably there since the beginning, I'll just wait for a properly working Vsync :

Track & Layout Used
    : all
    Car Used: all
    Applicable Settings: 1080p & 1200p, even with no AA no post effect, but more noticable with AA level 5 + post effects ultra
    Bug Report: A lot of stuttering without Vsync (It's the case with most racing games but variable from one to another, rF2 is one of the worst), which seems related to the framerate. It's massive below 100fps with AA level 5 + post effects ultra + ingame video settings to the max. It's less massive (but very noticable) at 120+ fps if I remove post effects or if I put ingame video settings to the default values on profile creation, and still very noticable but less significant arround 200 fps if I remove both (AA level 5 still there but I also tried without).
    I've noticed (only on DX11 this time) the virtual wheel seems more late with 100- fps than with 150+.
    System Specs: GTX 1070 i5 W7x64

Flaux likes this.
  4. DaVeX

DaVeX Registered

Thanks mate, please can you add those lines too?
    Track & Layout Used:
    Car Used:
    Applicable Settings:
    At least Applicable Settings.

5. Daniel Surace

Daniel Surace Registered

Track & Layout Used: All
    Car Used: UFS2000
    Bug Report: most of front wing is missing on UFS2000, only shows centre wing element only. this is both in show room and in game racing. I have attached a picture for reference. I have watched some youtube and seems like most people have this problem with the new update.
    System Specs: GTX980ti 1800X 16gb DDR4 Win 10x64 creators edition.
    Fix: (optional, just add this line at the bottom If you find a possible fix)

Attached Files:

F1Aussie likes this.
  6. pinkimo

pinkimo Registered

I've completed even if its "all". I've just tested in AI driving mode (I've removed my wheel for today) to confirm it's in all AA and post effects modes, even if its even more noticable with AA level 5 + post effects ultra.
    I just tried to record with FRAPS and surprisingly, while there was stuttering while recording, it's smooth on the video...

Other little thing to fix, probably already on the todo list, we can select only the main screen, not the second or third one.

7. DaVeX

DaVeX Registered

Thanks mate!!!

8. Paco572

Paco572 Registered

The following is not supported by nVidia driver v381.89 win 10 64 BIT
    "Static AO; This is adding Occlusion to bottom of objects and cars. It does improve the overall depth in the environment.
    Dynamic AO. This is adding a subtle low-frequency Ambient Occlusion to the scene and cars, improving the “connection” between terrains and structures in the scene, and also balancing cockpits brightness."

Ambient Occlusion is "not supported for this application" when the rFactor2 profile is chosen or in use in the nVidia control panel. Can't delete the rFactor profile either and use the Global one. So there's no way to know if this effect is on.

9. Flaux

Flaux Registered

DaVeX likes this.
  10. Milopapa

Milopapa Registered

Track & Layout Used: any
    Car Used: any
    Applicable Settings: VR enabled
    Bug Report: when resetting view with ctrl+space, the view is only reset laterally, the view direction remains the same (in my case, facing backwards, but this depends on where you sit in relations to your playspace). SteamVR's <Reset seated position> button is also ineffective.
    Steps to reproduce: start in VR, turn your head in any direction, press ctrl+space
    System Specs: i7-3770K @ 4.6GHz, 1080Ti, 16GB RAM, Win10 x64

DaVeX likes this.
  11. DaVeX

DaVeX Registered

Track & Layout Used: N/A
    Car Used: N/A
    Applicable Settings: Post-Processing None or low, AA level 1, medium settings in-game
    Bug Report: "I lose almost half (more than 40%) of the framerate when using MultiView. Also there's some issue causing very stuttery replay on summary-screen which becomes fluid when watching fullscreen. Without multiview my only performance issue is the huge variation in framerate. Depending visible cars and weather conditions my framerate varies between 30 - 150 on the same track."
    System Specs: i5 6600K, GTX 980 Ti, 16 GB of RAM, res 5760x1080, Windows 10 (game mode disabled).

Thanks @Ville-Samuli Mutanen for report: https://forum.studio-397.com/index.php?threads/multiview-causing-huge-fps-hit-dx11-beta.55330/

12. DaVeX

DaVeX Registered

Track & Layout Used: Silverstone
    Car Used: USF 2000
    Applicable Settings: Doesn't matter
    Bug Report: "I am getting undrivable framerates with even the lowest settings in the DX11 Beta.
    Initial framerate in the low 50's which drops a few each lap to low 40's after 5 laps. This is in practice with the occasional car in view.
    In the garage I get 35 fps. All 4 cores of my CPU and the GPU are only at about 50% usage on track but the GPU bangs straight up to 100% in the menus. I am running the same setting with everything on medium that I run on DX9."
    Steps to reproduce: none
    System Specs: GTX770
    FIX: Set shadows to low and set shadow blur off as suggested by @matt.f.beavis

Thanks @kevib1 for report: https://forum.studio-397.com/index.php?threads/dx11-beta-terrible-framerates.55320/

Matt Beavis likes this.
  13. DaVeX

DaVeX Registered

Track & Layout Used: N/A
    Car Used: N/A
    Applicable Settings: N/A
    Bug Report: "When loading from the launcher it crashes every time, I have tried a trace but we could find nothing wrong. I've tried with and without VR enabled and also a full fresh install."
    System Specs: i7 6700k, GTX 1070, 16gb RAM
    FIX: Possible fixes for similar cases, perform a Steam integrity check, remove plugins, delete shader and cbash files

Thanks @darren boulton for report: https://forum.studio-397.com/index.php?threads/crashing-when-loading-from-launcher.55321/

14. Flaux

Flaux Registered

I have a very similar behavior. I did cap at 60fps (no vsync, sadly) and the green and purple bars look solid. Half full with the latency line all the way up and on the left. So,... half used if you want?! But I get stutters here and there now and then during a lap. Sure the bars move a bit in such situations but only short and never into full load... Latency line shortens in those situations naturally, too...

15. vegaguy5555

vegaguy5555 Registered

Do the DX9 cars and tracks work with DX11?

16. LokiD

LokiD Registered

yeah, but I had issues with matsusuka. Big black artifacts on the side of the track. The karts the chrome pipes were over exposed. Ive just used the dx11 content.

17. stonec

stonec Registered

Yeah, just turn post FX off and almost any DX9 car/track will run in DX11 just as before.

vegaguy5555 and LokiD like this.
  18. pinkimo

pinkimo Registered

I've updated my repport now I've installed both DX9 and DX11 versions, the stuttering is there also with DX9. I've often stuttering on racing games without Vsync, it's very variable from one to another, rF2 seems to be one of the worst. So I'll just wait to be able to enable the Vsync.

19. FS7

FS7 Registered

Track & Layout Used: Silverstone GT
    Car Used: Dallara Indycar DW12
    Bug Report: get an error message "rFactor has stopped working" when I click exit to quit the game.
    Steps to reproduce: quit the game after doing a race or watching a replay.
    System Specs: I5 4460 @ 3.2GHz, 8GB RAM, GTX 750 Ti 2GB, Windows 10 Pro

20. Nodrepus

Nodrepus Registered

Track & Layout Used: Indianapolis 1.1, Indianapolis 400
    Car Used: StockCar_2015
    Applicable Settings: pp=0
    Bug Report: major fps drop and game lockups leaving pits with 30 AI, FPS in Garage 30fps, hit race 30fps, start moving fps jumps 5-30fps major lockups 1-5 seconds, when I get to pit road fps jumps to 85, stays at 85-90 fps while on pit road and access road, jumps again when on track to 95-110 fps no stutters on track at all, whether AI visible or not. I think the stutters and fps drops are when the AI enter the game.
    When I go to track without AI smooth as silk and fps steady at 95-110 fps.
    Steps to reproduce: Start game, select stockcar and Indianapolis track, load 30 AI, try to drive out onto pit road and track.
    System Specs:
    Windows 7 64 bit, Intel Core i7-2600k @ 3.40 GHZ clocked to 4.44 GHZ, 8.0 g DDR3 RAM, MSI Nvdia GeForce GTX960 gaming video card/2G memory, OCZ Vertex 3 120GB SATA III SSD, Internet 15k up/ 150k down

DaVeX likes this.
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.