DX11 massive stutter problems and fps issues

Discussion in 'Technical & Support' started by Feralarri, May 7, 2017.

1. Feralarri

Feralarri Registered

Hi all,
    I have opted into DX11 open beta and I cannot get game to run over 12fps at 5760x1080. I have a i5 3470 w10 and GTX 1070 card. I have run in windowed mode, no AA, no PPE it does not have any effect on this. I have removed all plugins and cleaned out Cbash and shaders and also verified files through steam. Also the whem in UI the game is sluggish even before going into garage I am having to click on on buttons five or six times to get a reaction its like the UI is in slow motion almost. This also happens when in game aswell. When CTRL-F in game it shows GPU load at 100 all the time.

2. Obbzy_XR_

Obbzy_XR_ Registered

Go in offline & check to see that all plugins are gone (except the steam plugin I think? And disable the Stockcar plugins for the moment). Make sure you have removed the trackmap & other add on plugins from both the Bin32 & Bin64 folders, plus the d3d9.dll from both folders, & the trackmap folder from the plugins folder.
    In the player file:eg: C:\Program Files (x86)\Steam\steamapps\common\rFactor 2\UserData\player
    there's a file called "CustomPluginVariables". Ensure you remove the trackmap & other DX9 addon plugins data lines from this text file.
    Until ALL the remnants of the trackmap & other addon plugins are completely removed there is a chance it will interfere with DX11.

Also compare having clouds to a clear sky. I get twice the frames with no clouds.
    Hopefully that may get the frames up a lot more. :)

3. Obbzy_XR_

Obbzy_XR_ Registered

Also, If you're not using a standard UI, do so...

4. Alex72

Alex72 Registered

Also delete the player.JSON so you get fresh settings.

5. Feralarri

Feralarri Registered

Thanks Obbzy still having issues after trying these

6. ebeninca

ebeninca Registered

Use the contact support Button in the launcher to help studio397 correct the problem

7. Emery

Emery Registered

Try Sunny weather.

8. Feralarri

Feralarri Registered

Issue resolved Graphics card was only running at 3.0@1 instead of 3.0@16. Reseated the card and problem fixed.

Thanks goes to @Louis

Rinussie and Louis like this.
  9. Raysracing

Raysracing Registered

Do I just delete the json and the game creates a new one at start up? I dont want to brick the game and have to uninstall due to stupidity.

10. ebeninca

ebeninca Registered

yes

11. Raysracing

Raysracing Registered

Thank you. I could run Full settings and hot lap, but not race AI. It stuttered horribly anytime another car was in view. I am hoping this problems is related to all of these fixes. I will post if it is or isnt tonight.

12. 2ndLastJedi

2ndLastJedi Registered

With the Cobra around Palm Beach latest update / content im struggling with 50 - 60 fps and stutter where on other updated content its a solid 63fps cap lock .

Attached Files: