DX11/DX9 low fps/stuttering with SLI setup and multiview

Discussion in 'Technical & Support' started by Wergilius, Jul 6, 2017.

1. Max Dralle

Max Dralle Registered

Just a heads up that it's not forgotten. I'm still examining the triple buffering issue and started collecting data that seem to indicate TB ist working on DX.

However, it is a very time consuming task and I have too little spare time, so it'll take a while before I can draw final conclusions.

2. Wergilius

Wergilius Registered

great :) im also testing different settings whenever i have the time, the hardest is to find an setting working when their is several cars bumper to bumper, T1 so to say.

Edit, unfortunately this is becoming more of an hotlap simulator, after hours and hours of testing different setting, using an high end mb with 2xPCIx16, 2x1080ti and i7-7700 it doesn't seems to to possible to get decent performance without the 90th looks when using triples.

Last edited: Dec 30, 2017
  3. M.Guenette

M.Guenette Registered

Wergilius,
    I have read through this thread completely and see you have given up on SLI , Triples and Multiview. Do you have an update on things now with the latest DX11 build ? Have you been able to find a solution? I really could use your help !!

4. Wergilius

Wergilius Registered

Yes, it work good now. Since the latest updates the performance is really good, not running max but the following setting work very good in my configuration and with AI. Without AI or "alone" on track with AI I can use other higher settings, the reflection had big impact when together with other cars:

(my setup 1080 TI SLI, triples 7680x1440 gsync)

upload_2018-8-2_15-31-6.png

upload_2018-8-2_15-38-33.png

upload_2018-8-2_15-42-17.png

I have tried different SLI bits back & forth and it seems to either work or not and
    have not noted any bigger performance different between those who works ok.

I have not "tuned" my settings after the latest update so maybe some reflections
    can be enabled now, but previously it did drain the fps when around other cars.

With above I can have solid 100fps, both online (30+ at some RD events) and 23 AI races.
    Some occasionally stutter can happen during an 1h online event, but that I think is more related
    to rF2 than my gfx settings.

Hope it is of any help

5. M.Guenette

M.Guenette Registered

Thanks Wergilius,
    I tried your settings (lowered a couple in game graphic settings) only running 2 GTX 980 SLI. Achieved some good results !!
    I did have to run VSync (Smooth) as well as Rivatuner 7.1.0
    All is well now !! Thanks again :)

6. Wergilius

Wergilius Registered

Glad it helped, some sort of sync seems to be needed when running SLI (and maybe together with triples).

As you may see, I have selected no sync in-game but forced it on in the nvidia profiler and using the Hz to limit the fps (no in-game limit). This combination worked best against low gpu load (and low fps) and high fps micro stutter.

Same method works well with Automobilista, but AC required another configuration, as micro stutter was an problem there as well.