Released DX11 and VR Open Beta, Is Here!

Discussion in 'News & Notifications' started by Christopher Elliott, May 1, 2017.

1. buddhatree

buddhatree Registered

Has the AI behavior been changed? I seem to notice a lot more "mistakes" and yellow flags with the AI than before. Also, the MFD showing the tires is all RED, like they're hot, all the time.

Other than that, the beta is coming along very nicely.

2. patchedupdemon

patchedupdemon Registered

Latest result (Build: 1813052, 11 May 2017)

i5 4690k gtx 1060 win 10

side screens flashing white and black when any track loads,and when i garage the side monitors show the image of where i last stopped on track before exiting to the pits,but again the screens flash like crazy.
    also re the honda civic,when in in a constant radius turn and applying throttle,the steering wheel turns more to the apex,its the exact opposite of what should happen,ie the car should push

Edit,just noticed the side monitors flashing is in sync with the loading bar,every time it moves they flash

Last edited: May 11, 2017
  3. MaD_King

MaD_King Registered

Seems a new build was posted today (Build 1813052).
    The ALT TAB in fullscreen mode is not working now (Worked yesterday)
    The car lights (rear lights, leds, glow) changed, this is very strange now, like something broken in bloom compared to yesterday build :(

4. tpw

tpw Registered

I tried the DX11 beta when it first came out and uninstalled it in disgust an hour later. Tried it again last night and was blown away.

All I ask of my sims is that they give me a stable 60fps at 1080p (i5 3.4GHz / GTX970 / 16GB / Win7), and the DX11 build now does that with all in-game settings maxed out, something I could never achieve previously. I get the same performance regardless of DX9/DX11 optimised content too.

The 2 major things that stick out: the mirrors look fantastic; and the colours and lighting are amazing. Realistically vibrant without being cartoonish and oversaturated. Previously plain looking tracks now really pop. DX9 now looks so drab by comparison!

The only flies in the ointment: certain cars halve the framerate e.g. Renault Megane; and depth of field (PP > low) destroys it altogether in trackside cameras.

It's incredible what S397 have achieved with this once moribund sim so far, and I have no doubt it's only going to get better.

bluet, F1Aussie and Adrianstealth like this.
  5. Alex72

Alex72 Registered

Was fullscreen/vsync supposed to work now? Tested on triple screen with sync set to "none" and nvidia control panel set to "adaptive vsync" (like i played before vsync stopped working) and it was stuttery even though FPS was high.

Anyone else or just me?

EDIT: Ok it works with rF2's own "sync:video". :) Adaptive usually is better for me from the nvidia control panel, but it seemed to work nicely so far. Hopefully we can force it from nvidia later. Well done S397 sim is getting better and better. :cool:

BTW anyone noticed any improvement with Aggressive Threading, and what CPU do you have?

Last edited: May 12, 2017
  6. FuzzyFassbender

FuzzyFassbender Registered

I was never able to use NVidia control panel or NVidia Inspector to set vsync, I always had to use rF2's method. In addition, "video" was the only rF2 option that seems to do anything.

7. davehenrie

davehenrie Registered

The red color is something that has been here since the first dx11 build. For some reason, the colors got reversed. So at least for now, red is cool and purple is hot. Subject to change if they figure out the cure.

buddhatree likes this.
  8. robrace

robrace Registered

Hi
    I truly need some assistance here.....
    I downloaded the stable beta version yesterday. I disabled the 3rd party plugins where required. After the download, I clicked on the 'rFactor2' icon, the menu comes up where I then clicked on the 'single player' icon. The 'rF2' logo appears and after a while, the menu reappears,i.e. I cannot enter the game at all although the video settings being correct.

Any suggestions to overcome this problem will be appreciated.....

9. MarcG

MarcG Registered

The stable beta has been removed, see here:
    https://forum.studio-397.com/index.php?threads/please-read-change-to-the-dx11-opt-in-beta.55622/

10. whitmore

whitmore Registered

Onscreen options bug for me.
    rFactor2 2017-05-12 20-49-28-12.jpg

Louis likes this.
  11. LokiD

LokiD Registered

wouldn't worry so much about the UI - its all changing!

12. MarcG

MarcG Registered

UI is changing anyway.

13. Alex72

Alex72 Registered

I tested with 10 AI and rainy race, and while in sunny weather with spread out cars on track gave me good performance, in the rain and 10 AI around me FPS drop to 35-40. Sometimes even looking at 1 car dropped me under 60FPS. AI cars was set to medium quality. So the AI's do take a lot of performance when on screen. In AMS i can have 30 cars on max settings without dropping under 60FPS and in AC i can have around 15-16 cars before it can drop here and there. I still think the FPS is better than in DX9 when cars are around cause it could drop massively before. Maybe its the rain/clouds/spray that is the culprit and might be optimized.

14. FS7

FS7 Registered

Same for me, hopefully a better more complete hud will be implemented soon.

F1Aussie likes this.
  15. F1Aussie

F1Aussie Registered

I get that too, same with the showrooms

16. Zoaal

Zoaal Registered

IMHO, Honda Civic's self-aligning is still off in the newest version. It seems to be "pulling" towards the inside of the turn.
    (sorry for my english)

patchedupdemon likes this.
  17. Andregee

Andregee Registered

The framerate is very swaying compared to DX9. With some cars its on DX9 level, with others on other tracks its much lower.
    Nissan GT500 on Malaysia, DX9 roundabout 80fps alone on track, DX9 120-140fps, using a 1070 @1680x1050.
    Am i the only one with very poor performance on the Nords,?15fps in the pits and only 60on the road,

18. whitmore

whitmore Registered

I Have similar fps performance about 50% less than DX9 same in game settings AMD R9 390

19. buddhatree

buddhatree Registered

New "Aggressive Threading" box in the launcher video options? What does it do?

20. Adrianstealth

Adrianstealth Registered

No one really knows
    But I tried it & no difference maybe little worse so I unchecked it

My cpu is not really old though

buddhatree likes this.