Released DX11 and VR Open Beta, Is Here!

Discussion in 'News & Notifications' started by Christopher Elliott, May 1, 2017.

1. Navigator

Navigator Registered

I did not know I was upset, but if this is the first input; discussion futile.

2. FuzzyFassbender

FuzzyFassbender Registered

Night racing looks fantastic, and very smooth since today's update. It's been a very long time since I had a night rF2 race, just looked bland to me (DX9). A few night races on Toban and MillMetro was awesome!

3. Alex72

Alex72 Registered

No mate the option is for AMD CPU's not GPU (video). :) To possible get smoother gameplay if you have older AMD CPU (processor).

BTW im getting my massive Win10 update now... I heard so much bad things when people got it. I will probably have to reinstall Profiler, but i also saw some people who had rF2 crashing after the update. Hope it will go smooth for me. :confused:

4. Marc Collins

Marc Collins Registered

Please report whether your Civic feels wonky or normal and note two things: which wheel you are using and whether the F2 has felt wonly or normal for you (the F2 that we've had for a couple of years...not sure if it's due for a physics update when it gets updated for DX11). It would be interesting to track the correlation between Civic and F2 and "wonky" versus which wheel. I believe the FFB is acting quite differently on certain hardware.

5. davehenrie

davehenrie Registered

fwiw....Logitech G27. USF 2k? Perfect. Simtek GT3 (even with the green glowing cars!) very good ffb feel. Civic? it's wrong. I never drove it prior to this, so I can't say in comparison. But when I expect the car to fight the wheel(like the left hand carousel near the end of Atlanta MP) It rather feels floaty. GT500 ? ffb is fine but I'm not a fan of the tire itself.

6. gp20

gp20 Registered

amd vsr still not working. I have access to the vsr resolutions in the video settings but when i launch the game i just see a part of the screen.

7. daguru

daguru Registered

Hi
    Civic is wonky for sure I'm using a diy stepper sim wheel with MMOS FFB software (it's like a OSW lite 13nm motor)
    https://sites.google.com/site/steppersimwheel/home
    This wheel is awesome with all other cars I've tested apart from this one (sorry not used F2 yet will test and report back)

8. LokiD

LokiD Registered

replays still get about 40-50 on a 1080! Is it the dof

9. jeffers

jeffers Registered

Yeah replay's for me plummet down to around 38-40 on my 980 ti. In-game they're at 100.

F1Aussie likes this.
  10. patchedupdemon

patchedupdemon Registered

Nvidia users can rot

That is someone's feelings on display,so yeah what ever

11. Navigator

Navigator Registered

Feelings on display.....hmm

12. Max Dralle

Max Dralle Registered

"on display" is an expression for something that is shown / displayed and not meant literally...

13. Obbzy_XR_

Obbzy_XR_ Registered

Civic felt good. Because it's front wheel drive it's always felt foreign, but latest update feels as solid as any. Has there been an update since 2 days ago?

14. Andregee

Andregee Registered

I think the headlights of the cars are much to bright. The only thing that is dark is the sky, the rest is like driving @ daytime with such a bright white very big area in front of the car what kills all immersion of night racing.

Mulero, bwana and vittorio like this.
  15. patchedupdemon

patchedupdemon Registered

Wow,grow up,I bet your an iracer,if not you'd fit in great over there

16. 2ndLastJedi

2ndLastJedi Registered

Man , i'm thinking of upgrading my GTX 1070 or maybe getting a second one, i couldn't imaging running a 680 ,lol

17. bwana

bwana Registered

Got to have my first drive again since last week .. Gained 25/30 fps. Brilliant work , clouds still chew frames but hell l prefersummer over winter..The Cob at the rock .. and the AI don't like the last turn but makes for fun racing ..

Obbzy_XR_ likes this.
  18. Navigator

Navigator Registered

Wow, talk about "growing up".......trashing the iRacers here in the proces.......
    No, I'm not an iRacer and if you have been paying attention; I've been here for a while so.....not just "stopping by" as you imply.

I don't know why you wanted to chip in or why you think you are the police, telling people to calm down and grow up, but realise you do the things you are accusing me of, yourself the most.

Go ahead, I'm not impressed and you are not worthy of responding to.

19. Ekimelyobo

Ekimelyobo Registered

Last update did wonders for me. Vsync working, everything maxed out apart from shadows on high and pp high, basically the same settings I had on dx9. 20 cars, cloudy or sunny, day or night, Min frames 60, average frames 60, max frames 60. Good stuff. It's just the trackside cams now that are cutting frames down to the mid 30s.

tpw and F1Aussie like this.
  20. Kaitsu_69

Kaitsu_69 Registered

Connection losts from several servers when joining and S397 OPEN SERVER1(Kart) I get them middle of session.