Released DX11 and VR Open Beta, Is Here!

Discussion in 'News & Notifications' started by Christopher Elliott, May 1, 2017.

1. patchedupdemon

patchedupdemon Registered

Isn't that just because those tracks and cars haven't been updated,could have sworn I read that as to the cause of the glowing lights etc

2. LokiD

LokiD Registered

please why do people insist that they expect to see non DX11 optimised tracks/cars work well.

Cmon.. just use the optimised stuff for now.

3. Fanapryde

Fanapryde Registered

As far as I'm concerned, I was asking for a way to change brightness and/or saturation in game, which would solve the issue.
    Maybe sunglasses would do that too, but that would be a bit stupid...
    As for your remark, even optimised tracks are too bright on my system, be it less disturbing).

Last edited: May 8, 2017
  4. LokiD

LokiD Registered

i find the new tracks gorgeous.

rer8 likes this.
  5. rer8

rer8 Registered

I agree with LokiD. Now anxiously waiting for the Historic F2, F3 Eves' and Sparks'. What will I need to do to add my skins in the future? I am liking what I see. Thanks developers!

6. LokiD

LokiD Registered

mars said recently on discord the karts are very very near!

F1Aussie likes this.
  7. stonec

stonec Registered

No need for any sliders, just turn off post FX until track in question has been updated. The whole point of post FX (bloom) is to make pure white color (which should never be used for materials) glow, if you tune that down with a slider it's equal to having no post FX.

2ndLastJedi likes this.
  8. Obrom

Obrom Registered

After the latest little patch, VR is working smoothly!
    I was even able to enable AA lvl 4, top 4 things on high, shadows and track reflections etc on low - it looks and plays just beautifully.. Thanks devs!!
    For info
    R9 290
    DK2
    i5 4670K

WiZPER likes this.
  9. Fanapryde

Fanapryde Registered

I'm not using post FX ;)

10. Bruce0440

Bruce0440 Registered

YES, the performance in VR increase a lot

WiZPER likes this.
  11. Nimugp

Nimugp Registered

so near in fact that they, among other cars and tracks, have now been released :)

F1Aussie and LokiD like this.
  12. tlsmikey

tlsmikey Registered

What's the best way to figure out if content has been updated to DX11?

13. 2ndLastJedi

2ndLastJedi Registered

When i press Ctrl +f to get the fps displayed on screen all the writing on the top left is all on top of each other making it unreadable? I have noticed other people with pics with this enabled can read it perfectly and the writing ia all as it should be.
    Why is each line on top of each other in my version?

14. davehenrie

davehenrie Registered

Go to the Workshop on Steam and browse the content. There you will see another page with a tab that says browse. Click on the collections choice from the menu that drops down from the Browse tab. Then either subsribe to LoKD's DX11 collection or S397 official content collection. Those two will overlap but are the most current. As we move forward, some modders will release their own updates and will likely use the Steam workshop for MOST of those updates. So keep tabs on the workshop and you should be able to stay current with DX11 conversions.

Codecz likes this.
  15. Alex72

Alex72 Registered

"Little patch"? Just started Steam and i got a 1.7GB surprise! :D Does that mean fullscreen is working? :eek: (nope not yet).

EDIT: Ahhh, saw now it said workshop content. Thats cool too though. :)

EDIT2: What is "aggressive threading" in the launcher? Is it for Intel only?

EDIT3: Toban updated has a lot of jumps in the tarmac pit straight and up on T1 a bit. Looks like the starting grid paints is what causes it. Not sure if thats as designed but i dont remember it as bumpy in DX9. Looks great tho.

Last edited: May 9, 2017
    mike.m likes this.
  16. davehenrie

davehenrie Registered

This is the 2nd track where users have reported bumps with the starting grid paint.

Alex72 and mike.m like this.
  17. Lazza

Lazza Registered

Sorry for the delay, just checked and I had the wrong file; it's in the controller.JSON.

"Stop Sequential if Neutral Configured":1,
    "Stop Sequential if Neutral Configured#":"whether configuring neutral prevents sequential shifts into neutral from 1=1st, 2=reverse, 3=both, or 0=neither",

SPASKIS likes this.
  18. fideco

fideco Registered

Unlike before, i don't see any winshield reflection, not even on the updated Civic or old Clio version..
    Player detail is set on "Full"
    It seems like these cars don't have the front glass..

19. Alex72

Alex72 Registered

Environment reflection is OFF? I saw reflections from the track and everything in the plastic cover of the LCD when i turned that on in the video settings.

EDIT: Its prolly not the same thing... Normal car reflections should be there on quality probably and environment reflections is for details reflecting the track. Or maybe im wrong here...

20. Andrew Harper

Andrew Harper Registered

Yes, exactly. That's was I was saying. If you are not using Studio 397 content, the only people it could cause issues with is league events. All of the ones I've seen have so far have decided to stick to the DX9 build for that reason. Modded tracks and cars will need updating over time :)

The same thing happens with something like Assetto Corsa. Most major updates have this nasty habit of breaking modded content. It's just a case of waiting for the modding teams to update it. Sometimes it never happens unfortunately and I guess some of the items for RF2 will be the same. The teams have moved onto other things, lost interest, etc.

So far the DX11 update is great, doesn't run too well on my system but I need to look into that more closely before making any definitive decisions. However I agree with you, it is frustrating the amount of users on RaceDepartment that have decided to "dump" the game. Just no patience...:(

Nitrometh and LokiD like this.