Released DX11 and VR Open Beta, Is Here!

Discussion in 'News & Notifications' started by Christopher Elliott, May 1, 2017.

1. Karei

Karei Registered

Exactly, but I wanted to note that DX11 loading times are faster. Yay, we've found one good thing ahahah.

2. edwardjamesgrey

edwardjamesgrey Registered

I didn't have to in-install or change the name of any files either. downloaded it... it worked. Still got all my plugins enabled as well. Only one that doesn't work is Trackmap.

3. ECAR_Tracks

ECAR_Tracks Registered

12 visible vehicles, which means the field will popup in front of you as 1990 Microprose GP1. Not an option for 2017 standards.

4. Lgel

Lgel Registered

Am I alone on this?
    ISI C6R GT2 at Sebring CTD before finishing loading track (Windowed borderless & Full screen). ES p2 + full EGT doesn't crash. DW12 ok at Sebring also.
    Sorry.
    Cheers.

Last edited: May 2, 2017
  5. edwardjamesgrey

edwardjamesgrey Registered

That's exactly what I'm getting on my game.. Now I'm even more chuffed!

6. Hexi

Hexi Registered

After starting the DX11 beta it introduced a heavy control (steering) lag, while there was no control lag at all with DX9 (Fanatec Formula Rim).
    Hopefully, it will get corrected... :-(

7. ECAR_Tracks

ECAR_Tracks Registered

I envy you, my replays are totally screwed by stuttering. In any cases, High PP gave me very nice visuals better than Ultra when the bloom effect seems excessive.

8. trindade

trindade Registered

Thanks for the help guys!

Cheers

9. mrsmr2

mrsmr2 Registered

We need full screen back. Windowed is for games that have plenty of resource headroom and rF2 is not one of those.

EDIT: I'm having to turn Aero off to play this without stutter.

10. hitm4k3r

hitm4k3r Registered

Tested DX11 and DX9 back to back being alone on track. First the updated FR3.5 at the updated Silverstone with AA at Level 5, then with Level 1, everything else on low or off, PP off aswell. Got something like 80 FPS at best/around 70 at average and the higher the AA the higher the input lag. And I am not talking about some input lag, but very noticable lag that heavily affects my driving. FPS count seemed similar but that could be an issue with the counter itself. That said, performance was very stable for me and even on lowest settings the game looked acceptable from cockpit, reflections and overall colour palette showing big improvements. The amount of bloom is a bit too much for my taste but I think this can be tweaked easily. I couldn't Alt-Tab out of the game and loading times seemed alot faster overall. Menu was lagging aswell.

After that I switched back to the DX9 build with a small download of something like 80mb, deleted shader and cbash cache aswell as the player.json. Updated tracks and cars aren't there as I think that they require DX11 related stuff, so I had to settle with the older Silverstone and FR 3.5. With the same graphic settings and AA level at 1 I get over 350 FPS leaving the pits wich speaks alot for itself. I won't even dare to compare the games with 19 AA cars and everything turned up to my usual DX9 settings. For now I will clearly settle with the DX9 version due to better fidelity in all conditions, much better performance and zero input lag, wich is propably the biggest factor for me. Anyway, looking forward to the next few updates. Once the performance gets optimized we will see the real potential and I am really looking forward to what is to come. Performance problems aren't down to AMD vs Nvidia cards btw. I am running Nvidia and the FPS count is still quite low. Seeing how smooth and good the trailer looks it makes me think that either someone with a NASA system recorded the stuff or that something in the current public beta build is borked.

Marc Collins likes this.
  11. jayarrbee36

jayarrbee36 Registered

Continuing my own observations from earlier, max framerate hasn't restored normal smoothness in cockpit view. It's hardly unplayable but not the way I'd like it. I kept my gfx settings the same as in DX9 for comparison purposes (all maxed out) so will try backing off some of the heftier settings, hopefully that will sort things out until things are better optimised.
    I must say though, a full day-night-day cycle at Silverstone looked absolutely outstanding! :cool:

12. Frode Andreassen

Frode Andreassen Registered

I am getting this overdone lighting effect in the Renault Trophy at Silverstone with dx11 and ppe at medium settings:
    upload_2017-5-2_19-38-41.png

Attached Files:

13. hihi04

hihi04 Registered

Yep same here :( with low of fps, i try to rollback and i dont have all the cars and tracks :(. Now force to go again to dx11 maybe with more test i can get 60fps. Before this update i can max all in dx9, now dx11 even in medium and low i cant get 60fps on nvidia gtx 1060 6gbs.

14. aerobaticrug

aerobaticrug Registered

Must say a very well done to Studio 397, looks like a solid platform to build on. Early days and plenty of optimisation to be done, but good effort so far. Kudos to the developers for releasing it in beta form, hopefully we can all provide some constructive feedback that makes it all better for everyone. I think rfactor 2 now has the beginnings of a new lease of life.

Keep up the good work.

15. Heikki21

Heikki21 Registered

As I wrote before, except the fact that the circuit lights are not working for me on the updated tracks (Nola, Silverstone), everything runs really smooth. I have all in game settings on high, AA 8X, PP medium and get stable 120 to 200 fps, depends on circuit. On some tracks the fps go 20-30% down in replay. Even VR works fine and out of the box for me, stable and better than expected. PC setup is a i5 4690K, 16gb Ram, GTX 1070 and running the PSVR. :)

2ndLastJedi likes this.
  16. hitm4k3r

hitm4k3r Registered

What do you mean with "I don't have all cars and tracks"? I am not enitrely sure, but as long as you are still subscribed to Silverstone 2012 for example, it will load the right version according to wich DX version of the game you are running. Also make sure that you set the build in the BETA tab to NONE as explained in the news. Also regarding the previous posts about the Renault Megane Trophy: no matter if you use the official or the 3rd party version, this mod hasn't been updated yet, so I am pretty sure that the devs are aware of those issues. Regarding the updated content I found the dash glow on the GT500 to be none existent (with PP effects at NONE) where the FR3.5 showed it still with PP effects off. Haven't noticed any differences on the dash glow in GT500 regardless of wich PP settings I used. DW12 dash glow is too extreme on the other hand and looks rather buggy. This is just too much:

17. cristianuk

cristianuk Registered

cant find my screen shots, is the location changed?

found it , they go in bin64 folder

all that cheap look its gone with dx11 rFactor2 2017-05-02 19-06-27.jpg

Last edited: May 2, 2017
  18. optimal.lap

optimal.lap Registered

Awesome! 100+ fps ultra on Silverstone & 15 cars. Replays 35 fps on full.
    (Intel Core i7 6700K 4.0 GHz, ASUS GeForce GTX 1070 8GB DUAL OC)

19. Alex72

Alex72 Registered

I didnt see if you used multiview? I saw someone say you get more FPS if you turn it off. Problem is when its turned off you dont have the triple screen window anymore and you cant set monitor angle, bezel correction etc.

20. Damian Baldi

Damian Baldi Registered

I see the colours of the function 6 (tires temp) inverted. I mean cold tires in red, medium purple, hot blue.
    Anyone see that too? I followed all the checklist when I updated