DRS cars on non DRS tracks

Discussion in 'Technical & Support' started by Smeghead, Jul 6, 2021.

1. Smeghead

Smeghead Registered

Hi, just come back to rfactor2 after quite a few years and are really loving it.
    I've been thrashing the new formula pro and having a great time.
    This car at sebring in VR is an absolute blast.
    However as sebring(official content) ,and many other tracks are non DRS there's the issue of the AI using it constantly, which is a bit annoying.
    Would it be possible to have an upgrade for this car, that can disable DRS, so we can force this option for tracks without DRS?
    I've looked into how to edit track files to enable drs zones on mod tracks but I'm pretty sure I cant update DLC.
    Does anyone have any ideas ?
    cause I may be missing something obvious
    Thanks

2. davehenrie

davehenrie Registered

lol we just thrashed this subject for the past several days. The short answer is no. However you are not alone in asking for a menu setting to disable DRS so users could use cars like the BMW M4 C1 and the FP on non DRS tracks.
    The only solution right now, is to stick to F1 tracks(of which very few have the charisma of Sebring!) if you choose a DRS enabled car.

3. redapg

redapg Registered

If you have a bit Patience, i can offer to create an Update for Sebring, that uses a DRS Zone, but defined in a Way that it never can be used (if it still works).
    But i'm on Vacation currently, so it will last a While until i can create it.

atomed and davehenrie like this.
  4. Smeghead

Smeghead Registered

Ok thanks for the replies, and thanks for the offer redapg, it would certainly be appreciated.

5. redapg

redapg Registered

@Smeghead Even on Vacation i can not avoid rFactor. :D
    I could get Access to a Laptop that had rFactor 2 installed and could create a small Update for the Sebring Full Layout, with deactivated DRS, that you can test it.

UPDATE 03/2023
    The Mod deactivates the Use of DRS on the 24H and FULL Layout and is made for the S397 Version 1.54/1.55.
    To avoid any Conflicts, remove all former noDRS Subfolders, that only the 1.55noDRS is left.

EDIT Due to the Fact, that with one of the last Updates, DRS is automatically disabled, on all Tracks that have no DRS Zones defined, this Mod is not necessary anymore and i did remove it.

Last edited: May 3, 2023
    davehenrie likes this.
  6. Smeghead

Smeghead Registered

you're a legend, works like a treat
    thank you

redapg and davehenrie like this.