driving wheels

Discussion in 'Hardware Building/Buying/Usage Advice' started by fd3, Jan 6, 2011.

1. Lazza

Lazza Registered

No, I'm pretty sure the damper settings (and others) are not among the default 'unused gizmos', so you have to edit the FFB section in the controller.ini. So potentially difficult to find/change for people not used to playing with files or the inclination to go searching, but not locked down / hardcoded either :)

2. VLA

VLA Registered

ECCI Tracstar 7000 FFB Wheel

Hoping someone can help me in my research re: the above wheel.

Mainly from currrent owners and Tech people, I would like to know a good detail of it's feel v common wheels such as G25,G27 ect. The ECCI wheel and it belt driven Tech, does it have a significant feel and it's pro's and con's.

I know the cost of this wheel and that's not a factor to consider for me...having said that, since I cannot trial this wheel I would very much appreciate any info I can get before purchasing.

Thanks

3. ajk

ajk Registered

i used to have Ms sw ff wheel with win 7 x64. Just plugged them in and I had them working on the fly. The set shows as a HID device or something I recall and you lose all the driver setting possibilities. So the wheel works in factory defaults. That was a shame as I never got back the feeling with the wheel I had had with original drivers and win xp.

I bought GT3 rs v2 and clubsport pedals. It took a couple weeks to get used to them, especially pedals. But the pedals are absolutely fantastic once you get to know them. Incredible value there. Simply.

Wheel is great too, it tends to overheat though with 100% FFB over a long race distance and I've lost FFB a few times for a while because some protector circuit. With rF the wheel is not perhaps at its best but I'm convinced it will be a lot more compatible with rF2.