Driving line colour change

Discussion in 'Track Modding' started by gbriden, Feb 11, 2023.

1. gbriden

gbriden Registered

Hi I am looking to change the colours of the games sugested driving line I find the BRIGHT green most annoying yet the YELLOW and RED in corners helpful when learning tracks. Does anybody know were the file containing the Images is located or were the colour codes can be altered.

THANKS

2. Coutie

Coutie Moderator Staff Member

I don't believe you can change it.

3. Bill Worrel

Bill Worrel Registered

I think the colors are supposed to indicate whether you should be accelerating or decelerating.

4. Lazza

Lazza Registered

*ahem* entitled sim opinion incoming...

Steps to resolve:
    1. Drive 2 laps, paying attention to the indicated driving lines and acceleration/braking zones.
    2. Turn off driving line. The track won't move/change.

<optional>
    1. Don't use the driving line. Learn the track by driving around and seeing which way the corners go, brake early for a few laps and slowly work towards the limit.
    2. 20 mins later: Done!

5. Bill Worrel

Bill Worrel Registered

Or just turn on the driving line and become forever addicted to the crutch </s>

6. Richard Busch

Richard Busch Member

Is there anyway to make the driving line smaller? It's almost the width of most of the cars. I use the line as a general idea of the ideal line for a track. It's really just an approximation. I'd love to make it smaller though. It's too garish and bright. It needs to be narrower.

7. gbriden

gbriden Registered

So my original plan was to eliminate the GREEN driving line assist section and have YELLOW and RED only so when a driver is learning a new track you can turn on for first while until comfortable then turn off again. I personally find the regular GREEN driving line VERY annoying and it doesn't really help you learn anything.

8. Bill Worrel

Bill Worrel Registered

I've found that I don't learn anything from using the driving line. I've used it in other sims in the past and after 20 or more minutes of using it, I turn it off and go out on the track again and I don't know anymore about how to drive the track than if I'd never used it.

9. davehenrie

davehenrie Registered

Assuming you could achieve what you wanted with the colors, there is a problem with the outcome. If you use the Red lines to learn braking marks, then you are looking at the track and not up ahead or at non-changing landmarks for braking. Then if you get online or turn off the remaining lines, your eyes will be searching the track close to you and not focusing further down the road, or you won't recognize your braking spot due to the colored lines being missing.
    Your wasting time trying to undo a simple learning tool and wasting time not being on track learning the muscle memory that will make braking near automatic.