DRIVER SWAPS

Discussion in 'Technical & Support' started by neruxxx, Apr 2, 2017.

1. neruxxx

neruxxx Registered

please studio397, its been two important league races in a row where we had issues with driver swaps.
    let me be more clear, we do everything right, we get the countdown were someone loses control and the other player gains it.
    after reaching 0 the games just wont let you drive and have your car with AI control without being able to regain it.
    some people say its the plugins, other say its that we need to have the same setup but thats all superstition as we all HOPE it works, we need a clear status about the driver swapping mechanics and maybe get it polished, its just too unreliable for league racing (and we now that at the moment thats what rf2 is about)
    please have a look at it.
    thanks

ps: we're not the only ones with that issue, in closed testing (only the team members) we had no issues, even with different setups or plugins. netcode is not properly polished as desynch occurs a lot when lots of people try to join to do driverswaps, we really need some polishing to the MP/NETCODE aspect.

2. neruxxx

neruxxx Registered

3. Marcel Offermans

Marcel Offermans Registered

We are aware that this happens occasionally. I do a lot of endurance racing myself. The problem with this issue is that so far we have not been able to reproduce it consistently, which makes it very hard to track down and fix. So you can definitely help by finding a way that makes this issue show up every time. I know that is not easy.

Other things you can and should do, if you regularly run into this problem, is to remove all third party plugins and see if that helps. We know issues have been reported with especially the track map plugin that a lot of people use. Try running your next races without it and report back if that makes a difference.

4. neruxxx

neruxxx Registered

cant replicate it properly, it only happens with fully crowded servers.
    could be a desynch thing, we did lots of practice driver swaps without issues.

5. neruxxx

neruxxx Registered

6. neruxxx

neruxxx Registered

bandwidth from dedicated servers has an upper cap?

7. Jego

Jego Registered

Is there any news on progress in regards to this bug?