Driver swap and custom skin crash

Discussion in 'Bug Reports' started by Obbzy_XR_, Feb 6, 2021.

1. Obbzy_XR_

Obbzy_XR_ Registered

Hi All,

When doing a driver swap with a custom skin, the game records an error code & the new driver is unable to race the car. The previous driver can not exit the game without hard booting their computer.
    The error relates to the current skin issue in the new UI.
    I can not understate how critical this issue is for online racing if there is not a work around.
    Using a .mas file for the skin...

2. Goanna

Goanna Registered

I know this may not be practicable(definitely be a pita to do) but what if you got all the skins and created a rfcmp update, from what I’ve seen on our server the problems seem to be with the “virtual ride” scenarios. We had one driver with his own skin join, and he showed up as unknown vehicle and was white to everyone else, he left and selected a default car and came back in and we could all see him in the skin he painted, so some underlying issues still yet to be resolved.

Obbzy_XR_ likes this.
  3. Obbzy_XR_

Obbzy_XR_ Registered

It's the same error message one gets when loading a skin in the spinner for the first time. Unfortunately it stops the new driver from driving the car properly, and the driver who was just replaced has to reboot their machine because the game essentially freezes...
    I wonder if a new team is created in the directory, if that fixes the issue, or if server admins have to load up the skins somehow on the dedi server, as Goanna has suggested? How have other driver swap endurance championships dealt with this issue? Anyone from VEC here that may know? @Jimmi Allison