Driver model update ??

Discussion in 'General Discussion' started by 2ndLastJedi, Feb 14, 2018.

1. 2ndLastJedi

2ndLastJedi Registered

With all the new goodies here and coming , can we expect a new driver sitting in our virtual cars ?
    I mean , the hands are not animated , the fingers are all kinds of weird and dare i say freaky (my 9 yr old Daughters wording) and if this Sim is going the way it is looking, can we get a new driver with arms that move and look more realistic please .
    I know people are going to say this should be last thing on the list and rightfully so , but is it something being looked into or worked on ?

2. TOCA2FREAK

TOCA2FREAK Registered

Yes I agree with this. Also in VR when looking at your body the torso is very long with short legs! Very strange indeed :D

2ndLastJedi likes this.
  3. Andregee

Andregee Registered

Maybe it fits for the most gamer bodies out there.:D

TOCA2FREAK, ECAR_Tracks and Filip like this.
  4. Louis

Louis Registered

Blood on heavy crashes would be cool

2ndLastJedi and The Iron Wolf like this.
  5. dadaboomda

dadaboomda Registered

No, no blood Louis !!

By cons :

Each accident causes a troubled and unclear vision, which depends on the intensity of the accident, and especially exponentially.
    This makes it difficult for the simracer to resume driving, especially if the accident is severe.

Another point, I do not agree with the OP, this must be the very last priority to change the graphics of the driver of the car. Even for VR users the added value is relatively low.

By cons, 2 things more relevant with which I think the OP agrees :

1. Improved headphysics with "VR" setting.
    2. More realistic animation of hands on the wheel, this is one of the first things to learn in real life, it is necessary that RF2 reproduce it (not 100% good, but perfect in 90% of the circumstances where the steering wheel is turned over 360.

@Marcel Offermans

Unfortunately everything is a matter of priority, especially with an editor who has really few human resources.

6. The Iron Wolf

The Iron Wolf Registered

I'd love to get proper H-shift/Sequential shift animation.

Guimengo, Jego, 2ndLastJedi and 2 others like this.
  7. Will Mazeo

Will Mazeo Registered

I'd like a better model and better animations but gear change I wish they'd add an option to only animate in the replay since it could sync with the moment you shift. Hate to see the delayed rushed (and exagerated) moves in other games

Louis likes this.
  8. Louis

Louis Registered

:D just some drops in helmet visor...despite that, would be cool if cars get wrecked and can only be removed recovery tractor or pushed by track stewards (with safety cr on track) or even virtual safety car when track becomes too wet (parameter adjustable by modders, not FIA plz)

The Iron Wolf likes this.
  9. Magus

Magus Registered

I don't mind the delay in AC/PC2 VR, in fact I'd even be happy if they implemented the GT methodology, where the hands move towards the stick/paddle as the revs reach a level coming to gear change.

10. Will Mazeo

Will Mazeo Registered

reason why I suggested an option

Magus likes this.
  11. burgesjl

burgesjl Registered

I'd like to add my upvote to this suggestion. I find the current hands to not be shaped very realistically, but mostly, its that 'shiny glove' and then the actual textures on the gloves that I find very offputting. S397 have done some 'decent' (not great) internal car textures recently and the current hands seem out of place with those.

Maybe they need to go through a series of phases for this. Firstly, make the hand 3D model and texture changes. Secondly, make better animations. Frankly I am not sure I need the full PC2 'flexing fingers' model (interesting visually as that was, and it reminded you to let go of your own death grip from time to time!), or see the fingers activating the flappy paddles; but more animation of the arms for hand-over-hand and then possibly gearchanges, and maybe feet on the pedals also. And I'd also second the opinion that we need to separate what we see in the 'in car driving realtime view' and the 'replay view'; iRacing do a nice job of making two sets of parameters for real view and replay graphics settings.

Interestingly, I do leave on the hands in rF2, PC2 and AC, but I remove the hands in iRacing. Why? No idea. Also, I still don't have my hands/steering wheel view 'synched up' with my real hands and wheel and screen for perspective, but I'd like to do that. I don't sit as reclined using my wheelstand as I would in Formula cars, but I think it should be about right for sportscars in terms of true seating position. Which makes me think the graphical head position/direction isn't right in any of the games; its always too high and looking down at too much of an angle.

Guimengo likes this.
  12. 2ndLastJedi

2ndLastJedi Registered

The last sentence from my OP was just this, my post states about priority would probably be left to last but still in the works as ive never seen any mention anywhere on this subject.