Driver Animation

Discussion in 'Car Modding' started by Marc Danisch, May 29, 2015.

1. Marc Danisch

Marc Danisch Registered

2. GFraser1965

GFraser1965 Registered

Are you using 3DSMax to create the animation?

3. Coutie

Coutie Moderator Staff Member

Try making your first and last frame the same as your middle one. So 0 and 200 or whatever.

4. FuNK!

FuNK! Registered

Sorry for using this thread but I have a question which fits to the topic: In principle it should work but would it be possible to animate two drivers!?

I'm asking because of sidecar racing...just came to my mind and I remember a rFactor mod with these. Maybe one could do an animation with both drivers to give the whole thing a bit more of life :D

5. Coutie

Yes, you could animate as many as you want. I would imagine that the DRIVER instance is the only one that would follow the steering wheel though. But maybe you could have two animations in that instance.

6. FuNK!

FuNK! Registered

Hm...maybe the number of armatures are limited too!? Would be really interesting to see if this works :D
    Anyhow I see some problems with the second driver's behaviour: In real they lean on the rear wheel during acceleration but on longer straights they sit down to get a better/lower profile...could be tricky to animate that!

7. FuNK!

FuNK! Registered

Mah...first test simply failed because 3DSimEd currently just supports 40 bones and Blender basic armature has 63 bones...maybe the transformation/rotation is in wrong format too but I will have a closer look later :)

8. Coutie

Karts have an animation on the feet/pedals, maybe you can figure out how that was done, and make the co-driver move like that. Gas he crouches, brakes he sits up.