SOLVED driver animation help

Discussion in 'Car Modding' started by Major_Parts, Aug 7, 2014.

1. Major_Parts

Major_Parts Registered

I've already done a driver for an F1 mod and got it working perfectly, but that was a while back, and now I've decided to pull my finger out and sort these Caterhams out, I can't for the life of me get it working!
    It all looks fine in Max and also 3dsimed, but going to track messes him up big time

View attachment 13849

I see in another thread about this, that others had this problem (as did I originally), but I don't see a clear solution that I might have missed. As far as I know, I've done it exactly how I did it before.

Last edited by a moderator: Aug 15, 2014
  2. Major_Parts

Major_Parts Registered

If I can get a word in edgeways...:p

I've been doing some tests and I now think something with the car is messing it all up. I went back to the F1 mod I did and re-animated that driver...all worked well.
    I then re-animated the same driver file with the correct amount of steering...messed up on track.
    Eventually, I copied the files exported from the working F1 mod to the Caterham....messed up on track.
    I then tested these files with another F1 mod by copying them again...everything worked.

So, copying files of a working driver to one mod works and one doesn't. Just to point out, I adjusted HDV and cockpit etc entries to match those of the F1 mod.

I am now baffled!

3. Major_Parts

Major_Parts Registered

While messing about with rigging the Panoz driver, I watched a youtube video to reaquaint myself with the process. This video featured a handy little box that showed all the bones + other useful info/buttons.
    A quick google for a max 2010 version gave me this....

http://www.scriptspot.com/3ds-max/scripts/thepuppettool

Might be useful for anyone messing about with their driver.

4. Major_Parts

Major_Parts Registered

This is now solved!

The person who did the damage.ini file for the rf1 version had listed the driver as deformable.

Even though nobody posted, thanks for looking :)