Driver academy /1 on 1 coach /class sessions...?

Discussion in 'General Discussion' started by Mr. C, May 3, 2020.

1. Mr. C

Mr. C Registered

Hello,
    I'm looking for a Simracing driver academy, Simracing coach or anything similar, except driver61 and David Perel do you guys know any one on one /class coaching?

Rf2 but preferably a bit more versatile as I do play more than Rf2

Thank you

2. David O'Reilly

David O'Reilly Registered

Michi Hoyer does some coaching.

May I ask what resources you have used already?
    I would start with Skip Barbers "Going Faster" available on YouTube.

3. Mr. C

Mr. C Registered

Well I do Simracing since 2009 and in specific sims in fwd I have good speed but for some reason in rwd I can't carry that speed, I believe i have the necessary knowledge but it seems i do something wrong and can't figure what.
    I struggle especially in analog cars, old rwd cars

Thank you

4. David O'Reilly

In the guide I wrote I strongly recommend watching the Skip Barber video in full at least twice.
    Then get on a public server in a medium paced car and find some fast people. Zandvoort in in the Megane would be fine especially since its fixed setups.
    Use "Replay Office" to overlay your lap and theirs (same setup helps).
    You can then analyse visually the differences corner by corner; line, braking steering throttle.
    Getting even more technical you can use Motec to compare a lap but you need someone else's data to compare.
    Find your biggest areas for improvement and practice like hell.

Oh and there is of course the guide I wrote if you feel like investing €10 :)

If you have done all these things and then capture some Motec Data at Zandvoort I will be happy to look at it (but I am still 1m40s there :(

5. Paul McC

Paul McC Registered

Racedepartment has a racing coach I think if you've got premium membership, think it's about £15 a year or something like that

Mr. C likes this.
  6. Dave^

Dave^ Registered

Back in the days of GPL, with it's limited number of cars & tracks, it was easy to see how quick/slow you were against others using Uwe's GPLRank & his handicap table.

(Un)fortunately with so much content in RF2 it's much harder to gauge yourself against others, but it's doable if you're willing to do a bit of digging.

I'd like to see a repository of transparent trainer files somewhere, with good, solid, clean laps to watch/chase/learn from, but again, with the massive library of content, it would be nigh on impossible to cover every car/track combo.

7. David O'Reilly

Yes I ran one of those sessions with Simon Christman back when I was an admin at RD. They were pretty good at getting people to do stuff for nothing and then charging for it.

Paul McC and McKiernan like this.
  8. Mike Epps

Mike Epps Registered

Hey Mr C,

I’m pretty conversant with iRacing, rF2 and ACC with GTR24, GT Challenge S1, VEC and The Race All-Star wins in rF2 (which I only got in Feb this year) and iRacing I have set several lap records, with wins in GT, F3 and a few other cars (iRating around 6k and increasing).

I’m a real life racing driver and driver coach but have now migrated to sim stuff since real life motorsport is on hold right now. Feel free to message me at @EppsRacer on Instagram and we can arrange some coaching. Or send me a message on here.

cheers,
    Mike

Mr. C, Paul McC and McKiernan like this.
  9. Paul McC

Paul McC Registered

Hmm, yeah I had my suspicions about some of the stuff going on there!