Do you want me to post link to download Rfactor 1 mod here in Off topic?

Discussion in 'Off-Topic' started by Spitfire1, Oct 18, 2020.

?

Do you want me to post link to download Rfactor 1 mod here in Off topic?

1. Yes

1 vote(s)
    8.3%
  2. No

11 vote(s)
    91.7%
  1. Spitfire1

Spitfire1 Registered

EDIT: Check poll above

Sometimes(alot of time actually) i am really in the mood to mod rfactor 1 and not so much rfactor 2 so i ask do you want to be able to download rfactor 1 mods here on offtopic or do you not want to see such things here. Please vote and let me know. I want to see if it is a waste of time to upload on mediafire the rfactor 1 mods i am perfecting wether i will bring over to rfactor 2 or not.

Here is my latest work. I made totally new sounds and i overhauled the physics with new values because as before there was alot of inaccurate numbers not fitting to the 1967 lotus 49 3.0 v8.

Last edited: Oct 18, 2020
  2. Spitfire1

Spitfire1 Registered

Why is nobody voting?

but a message to everyone:
    if a modder releases a mod you have to give feedback
    wether is bad or good
    if there is nothing then the modder thinks nobody cares and stops releasing more...
    we modders are doing this for the community
    so the community needs to talk back to us

So a final message: GIVE FEEDBACK or i will just go back to modding in my private collection and not sharing.

3. Bjørn

Bjørn Registered

Voted no, moved on from rF1.

Spitfire1 likes this.
  4. Spitfire1

Spitfire1 Registered

Thanks for the feedback.

Bjørn likes this.
  5. doddynco

doddynco Registered

It's not applicable to an Rf2 forum.

On a side note: If you want to mod Rf2 and you don't 3d model (like me) you need to find a modeler who's willing to grant you permission to work on their model. No one is interested is quick rips especially if the original author isn't even aware.

It takes a really long time and a lot of dedication to actually make a decent vehicle, but if you put in the time, effort and thought you should end up with a car which is appreciated by the community (though no guarantees for a first try).

First thing you need to do is scroll to the bottom of this page https://www.studio-397.com/all-news/page/15/ and read the physics dev blogs, and take some time to understand and research the important changes from rf1. Following that you should look on youtube for things like tyre behavior and suspension geometry; I'm not going to spoon feed you all the bit's of information because I'll be here all day, but if you look hard enough and make the right searches (hint: use the search function on this forum liberally, especially the car modding section) you will find the things you are looking for and will be able to progress. Get buried in the physics spreadsheets too as there's so much to learn and it us your best friend when it comes to making a good job of the physics. In addition, you need to bury your self deeply into understanding the car you're building - right down to the the bare bones if you can.

The tyre physics are hard yes, but just because you don't understand them fully yet doesn't mean the additional complexity isn't necessary for 'the most' realistic consumer level model.

The other thing is: no one is going to make the effort to help you if it looks like either you haven't made enough effort to seek the answer by yourself or you are acting entitled as if we owe you something.

Just chill out man and in a couple of months come show us what you've been learning and working on, and share some of your vehicle research and how you've implemented it into Rf2 - then people will be interested.

All the best and happy modding.

6. Spitfire1

Spitfire1 Registered

Alright i will take this advice to heart and come back when ready and with more knowledge how to mod this more advanced rf2.

Corti likes this.
  7. Michael K.

Michael K. Registered

And the most important Thing: get the Permission from the original Modders of "your" Cars, that allow you to convert them to rF2.
    From what you have written, so far i did read it, none of the Cars that you want to offer here, was modeled by you.

Spitfire1 likes this.
  8. Spitfire1

Spitfire1 Registered

And people wonder why there is a drought regarding mods on here but yes you are right permission and respecting others file arrangement and other stuff is of high importance.