Do to the Megane what you did to the Nissan GTR

Discussion in 'General Discussion' started by GTFREAK, Oct 20, 2012.

1. Reprobator

Reprobator Registered

That's not in fact the car"s handling more the engine sound and its ffb, it's like you have mostly no feeling till you loose all grip and suddenly you feel it, i like the car , i saw the real one and it is a very impressive one (the speed at wich it can corner is pretty unbielievable) and it sound not like a cat.
    Another problem are pit time, no in real life it doesn't take more than 10 seconds to refuel and change 4 tyre with the megane.

2. GTFREAK

GTFREAK Registered

Yes, I'd have to agree with you. I like the car as well. But the version we have atm just doesn't do it for me. No feeling unless I'm headed for the wall.

3. Reprobator

Reprobator Registered

yup i agree ;)
    More team/skin would be great too!
    additionally i can't wait for the fr2.0 !

4. jtbo

jtbo Registered

There must be something wrong, because I get very close as much feeling as with 60's cars and that is a loads.

Try this set, rear springs 1500-1700, rear dampers four clicks negative so that 120 degrees is shown below adjustable values, front arb +1 click, camber to -2.5 front and rear, front toe to 1mm negative.

With those changes I can easily control car, it is very tail happy at braking, so if you attempt to trail brake it, you need quick hands and not to wait car to tell what to do as then you will be late (that is actually what on real races of much minor series once told me about driving his car), but what is good thing is that you can use inner curbs at Mills to steer the car and powerslide out of corners at incredible velocity. Took few laps from me to figure out how to drive that beast, but it has really nice and fairly large window where you can really push that car.

It is very oversteering car that tends to oversteer when pushing and especially when braking, if one shifts at high rpm when braking it is bit like pulling the handbrake, but that is also what makes it interesting to drive. It is not your typical understeering racer made out from street car, so handling is certainly not something on would say being safe, but it is very entertaining for sure, for some turns like ones at Malaysia car is a real dog as you should brake while turning, but car will snap very easily when doing so, which means one really can't brake much for such turns.

In Rf1, most cars you could drive exact same way, they were mostly understeering, no matter which was the car, but not so with RF2, each car requires different technique.

5. GTFREAK

GTFREAK Registered

It very well could be my setup and I've been saying this all along. The default setup could be causing the issue and I just don't realize it. However, I find that hard to believe. I'll try your suggestions, though.

6. jtbo

jtbo Registered

Those changes to setup were only changes which I made, haven't saved setup as that is easy to set before going to track.

For other things that may or may not have effect, but I would like to share all so you have chance to spot differences and test if some of choices I have made cause such large effect to feel of the car.

I use FPS locked to 60fps, which makes lot of difference to how car feels to me, no sync, but I use MSI Afterburner to limit fps to 60fps.

My FOV is 35, it should be even lower when calculated, but I have only one 27" monitor and 35 makes already enough challenge to see where that corner ends, but it does make so much better driving than default FOV, of course it took some time to get used to that.

Attached are my logitech control panel settings and my ingame controls page, I seem to use bit too high turning 640 as controls page reports 612 being correct, I have vehicle set checked, but it really does not do anything at all.
    Reason wheel center not being center is that sometimes center is not at center, I have to calibrate center every time I start computer, everything I have is ancient old stuff, so there can be some things not at their peak condition after 5 years or more abuse.

Also I attached my gfx settings, system specs can be found under my name, I have adjusted details so that it never drops below 60, but GPU utilization is near 100% at highest, settings apply to single Megane at Mills track of Megane mod, every car, every track and any added opponents then cause adjustments, mostly to shadows that I need to take off completely for many tracks and if I want opponents etc.

I'm not sure if there are much of else that might have effect, but it is interesting how with F2 also many did find no feel at all, but I had good feel, nothing massive, but certainly I could feel when I'm about to turn so much that it is too much, when I did stay inside of that range no issues, if I turned over that optimal amount there certainly were issues others describing, but then again turning so much would cause just massive understeer and I'm scared of that as I don't understand understeer, must be invention of evil, sideways is only ways ;)

I did make even small video from Megane, but it is very very choppy, my hard disk might be reason, it could perhaps not record enough quickly, it was fine when recording, but recording itself was choppy, anyone like to donate fast SSD, Core i5, mobo and GF 660Ti ? :p

7. GTFREAK

GTFREAK Registered

You have a different wheel than I do. I own the T500rs. So that might be why we are feeling different things.

8. jtbo

jtbo Registered

That can be, however I have had impression that T500rs would be many ways better than G25 with rF2, so it should be other way around, but maybe it is then not?

Maybe some t500rs owner has found some setup which make his wheel to provide better ffb with Megane or if most T500rs owners are experiencing poor feel from Megane it might mean there being something incompatible with wheel and current rF2 build, so many possibilities and no way to know for sure.

9. jrcn50

jrcn50 Registered

I have T500Rs too and Megane is fine for me: in control panel = 70% for overall and 50% for periodic (and 100% elsewhere and default in the game; ffb mult=1 and smoothing ffb=0). I don't like too strong ffb...

But perhaps we (Gtfreak and me !) don't have the same feeling for what is OK or not...people are different:D

10. GTFREAK

GTFREAK Registered

It appears that I was wrong.

Version 1.0 was installed on my PC and not Version 1.1. This means that the great feeling I had with the GTR was with version 1.0.

With Version 1.1 you can feel the road very well at center steering. When you turn the wheel you start to lose feeling of the road except for curbs.

With version 1.0 it felt much more like the Clio when turning. You could feel the bumps when turning very well. With Version 1.1 you can't feel the bumps in the road unless you hit the curbs.

I don't know what they changed, but I might uninstall V1.1 and go back to 1.0.