Disqualified for going the wrong way

Discussion in 'Technical Archives' started by Craigjw, Jul 19, 2013.

1. Craigjw

Craigjw Registered

I think it's too easy to be disqualified for going the wrong way and it does not take into account if you were recently in a collision. It is easy to be disqualified, despite the fact that someone has just rammed into you, themselves out of control, sent you spinning off a corner and you are disqualified for going the wrong way.

Other situations are, if I come off the track, I can easily be disqualified for going the wrong way because i'm turning around.

The AI is perhaps too harsh in it's rules for disqualification for going the wrong way.

2. o0thx11380o

o0thx11380o Registered

I just want it to simulate real life racing as close as possible. If you get disqualified for going the wrong way in real life then that's how it should be in the game. If you get into a collision and fly off out of control you are not going to win the race anyways.

3. 88mphTim

88mphTim racesimcentral.net

You can't really get a Dq often in the way you describe, you'd literally need to lose sense of direction and actually drive the wrong way.

And if you don't like the rules, turn them off in race settings :) or join a host with them off.

Sent from a mobile device using Tapatalk

4. TIG_green

TIG_green Registered

Sometimes when we aim for greater good there's collateral damage.