Discussion about tyres.

Discussion in 'General Discussion' started by Slip_Angel, Aug 13, 2019.

Tags:
  1. David O'Reilly

David O'Reilly Registered

To me it doesn't lack logic. The outside front tyre is bearing a lot of load in those corners. The lack of apparent temp in the rear could be setup related (rear wing or springs or ARB creating more grip and hence understeer).
    If I saw that temperature spread in a test session it would lead me to move the car more to oversteer. As Seb suggests above, the fronts are sliding more so it is (even if slightly) in understeer. It's an aero dominated corner so I would start with less rear wing.
    Did you have Traction control on?
    If so the rears wont heat up much, the TCS will reduce power before they spin up so the fronts will slide more.

TJones likes this.
  2. Slip_Angel

Slip_Angel Registered

Yea TC was at 3 or maybe at 2 i don't remember correctly but certainly between 2 or 3.

Last edited: Aug 14, 2019
  3. Slip_Angel

Slip_Angel Registered

Yo guys i did some runs in FISI_2012 now in sepang heres what i found->>
    *The front tyres grip limits are reached when temp on outside tyre at turn 5 reached around 140(i don't remember the unit).Now at first i thought pushing to this levels of steering angles should cause understeer but the front loses grip AFTER 140 or maybe even at 130(hard to read temp and drive at same time lol).Infact little tyre smoke comes out of front at maximum limit but if you still push THEN understeer happens but here still front tyre temp were much higher than rear on exit.

*2nd time i did same turn BUT this time i did not put that much steering angle and ease off at first sign of understeer or push and because of this my speeds were lower as well as temperatures(under 100 on outside front)

What this tells me that on my wheel(G27) i have little bit hard time finding the limits of front tyres.

4. Lazza

Lazza Registered

I'll just correct myself on my description of the FISI 2012 F1 cars. They lack rear springs, and hence have a stiffer rear antiroll bar (I had it the other way around).

5. Slip_Angel

Slip_Angel Registered

Ye no probs i got it anyways.

6. Slip_Angel

Slip_Angel Registered

Found this on Z INTERWEB(i know they are not same tyres but still)->>

IMG_6931.JPG

That temp i reached in FISI_2012 on medium tyres was identical to operating temperatures range of medium tyres in this picture.
    Well this thing is solved i guess.