Disconnection from server triggered by workshop updates

Discussion in 'Bug Reports' started by Davide Arduini, Nov 6, 2021.

1. Davide Arduini

Davide Arduini Registered

Hi, I'm on the release candidate version of rfactor 2 and have experienced this issue during an online race: while driving I got disconnected from the server and the two buttons "Main menu" or "Quit game" showed up. I clicked the latter and then reopened rfactor 2. As soon as I launched it, an update from the steam workshop started. After the download finished, rf2 opened and the workshop packages got installed.
    As side notes, I had Auto-updates turned on, but "Download while in game" turned off in my Steam settings and some of the cars that got updated with the workshop update started in background were in the mod I was racing with in the online server from which I got disconnected.
    Sadly I don't have a trace log file.
    I also asked other people if they experienced this issue and somebody had it both on the standard release version of rf2 and the release candidate.
    I hope this will be investigated, because you cannot defend from this apparently, even disabling "Download while in game" off, and being disconnected from servers for a random bug is quite annoying.
    Thanks in advance!

Last edited: Nov 7, 2021
    Alessandro Appolloni likes this.