Disappointing Steam sale.

Discussion in 'General Discussion' started by Simulation_Player, Nov 24, 2022.

Tags:
  1. Simulation_Player

Simulation_Player Registered

Ok so i'm cheap bastard , i wait for sale to buy stuff.
    so obviously i was looking forward to steam autumn sale....and what a disappointment.
    rf2 is only offering sale on outdated content , that to at way higher price than their competators (not counting iracing because that is subscription based game).

lets look at ACC sales.

i can have 5 cars at same price of 1 JUST ONE rf2 car. not to mention all over the place quality.

i can have 3 laser scanned tracks AT LOWER price than SINGLE rf2 dlc car, yep you read that right.

this goes on for AMS 2 as well,

their entire DLC from 2020-2022 seaon pass which contains dozen or more LS tracks and cars is cheaper than single rf2 track.

so where is rf2 sale ? there no good packs on sale too , that also needs to be improved.
    im not counting sale on gt3 and reiza because that is outdated content.

S397 please make better packs , bring sale on individual cars and tracks and give proper discount like rest of your competition.

even though your prices will remain high despite sale i will still buy it , but atleast bring sale on all of your items.

2. Rui Santos

Rui Santos Registered

They do sales on whatever they think it's suitable for their business. I also agree recently released items should not be elegible to a discount, otherwise that will be an insult for those who support them and buy items day one...

Also you can't compare DLC's prices from ACC (they sell much more and it's a much simpler software) or AMS2 (sim is absolutely dead)...

oikworld, pilAUTO, sg333 and 3 others like this.
  3. Simulation_Player

invalid argument, both AMS2 and ACC are giving out discounts on recently released DLC, i don't see any uproar there.
    atleast we should get discount on everything besides Q4 content.

please explain how ACC is simpler software ? i know for fact where ACC is doing stuff better than rf2 physics wise and vice versa its basically a tie at this point.
    also AMS2 is not dead sim, steamcharts don't tell the whole story otherwise they wouldn't be pupmping DLC for it, AMS2 just release USA pack 3 so another invalid statement.

avenger82 likes this.
  4. Corgan

Corgan Registered

Really? Go to their forum. For me, that sim is absolutely alive. If AMS2 is dead, then rF2 is dead too.. Which is not the case. And I also think this sale for rF2 was shallow a bit.

Xzanman and Emery like this.
  5. lagg

lagg Registered

ACC is not a modding platform.
    That make things much more simple.

Emery, atomed, vava74 and 1 other person like this.
  6. Simulation_Player

I thought he was talking physics wise, thats what matters most anyways. modding support adds additional task on S397 for sure but i don't see how that actually makes the physics engine itself more complex or simpler. all modding need is documentation, that is separate thing.

7. Rui Santos

Rui Santos Registered

Even the physics engine itself is more complex in rF2! It has its flaws, i agree, but the potential and feeling is much above compared to any other title..

Also imagine changing things in the simulation that don't break the modded ones... :eek:

vava74, ebeninca and Mauro like this.
  8. Simulation_Player

i agree that i like rf2 the most, but the price difference and physics differences don't add up imo.
    if ACC fixes their current exploits before rf2 does, then it will be one side ACC win superior physics with cheaper price.

9. Rui Santos

Rui Santos Registered

ACC days will be over sooner or later, as it's a limited title, AC2 is what grabs my attention now, just hope it's not an ACC2 with different cars, i'll be disappointed and won't race on it... Feeling in ACC is way off IMO...

10. Bernat

Bernat Registered

ACC is very limited. And you'll probably have to buy it again when there's a new title for the fixes and improvements...

Rui Santos likes this.
  11. ebeninca

ebeninca Registered

rF2 has a lot of legacy problems related with graphics, UI, game model in general, when it was designed the developers had the intention to use it as a tire model / physics sandbox.

Definitely they did it right, almost 10 year later and it still having the most realistic tire model /physics / force feedback, even with the "tire pressure bug", which was solved in some mods by simple not allowing too lower pressures in setup.

12. lagg

lagg Registered

I've not explained well.
    rF2 is oriented to any kind of cars and is open to the modders.
    That makes everything much more complex than ACC that is oriented almost exclusively to GTs.

13. Bernat

Bernat Registered

Which tire pressure bug?

14. Simulation_Player

ok i understand your point better but i disagree, your point is not right.
    ACC engine is basically upgraded version of original AC, which was used for vastly different cars just like rf2.
    there is no such thing as physics engine developed specifically for GT cars, its just physics engine. you can create anything even on ACC physics engine if u want, but since its not moddalbe you can't do it.
    for example i asked the developer if he can add DRS to GT3 cars , he said yes because their physics engine allows that but since it is not how it is IRL.
    surely there few extra feature that rf2 needs to suuport but im talking about a base core aspects of physics engine like chassis , suspension, aero, tyre engine etc here, ACC and rf2 definitely trade blows in terms of complexity in "base" car dynamics

15. Bernat

Bernat Registered

"It allows that" isn't the same as "it will work great and we have the resources to support it and fix any bugs that might appear". You're oversimplifying the many aspects of a simracing engine and software development.

16. lagg

lagg Registered

That you disagree doesn't mean that my point is not right (or yours)

This is a none sense.
    You say that you can create anything and that you can't do it in the same sentence.
    The reality is what it is.

Remco Majoor and atomed like this.
  17. ebeninca

ebeninca Registered

Lowest tire pressure is always faster, at least in most of the cars

18. Bernat

Bernat Registered

That's right, less pressure, more grip. Where's the bug?

Did you expect a magical pressure level that makes the cars faster? That would be very arcadey.

19. davehenrie

davehenrie Registered

The con to that is the lowest pressures should suffer faster heat buildup due to movement of the carcass. So there should be 'some' penalty for always using the lowest settings. S397 has addressed this in most cars by limiting the lowest air pressure to 140kPa.

avenger82 likes this.
  20. davehenrie

davehenrie Registered

I propose, due to the negative response to the Sale, that S397 eliminate all sales and, from this point on, only charge full price for all DLC.